watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The Two Highway Code Rules Ignored

Started by A Humble Man, March 20, 2013, 05:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Humble Man

The highways code say if you CAN, move over for traffic joining the motorway at a junction.  A lot of traffic joining plough on at full speed assuming everyone will get out of their way which of course they cannot always do.

You should give way to buses, this is almost entirely ignored by all drivers.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

SP

The young drivers seem to have introduced their own rules.  My least favourite is the hooting of the driver in front if they think he/she isn't pulling out in front of oncoming traffic at a junction quick enough.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: SP on March 20, 2013, 09:15:20 PM
The young drivers seem to have introduced their own rules.  My least favourite is the hooting of the driver in front if they think he/she isn't pulling out in front of oncoming traffic at a junction quick enough.

Well I would pull out faster if I thought that I had aggravated a really large owl behind me

VicHalomsLovechild

[/quote]

Stuck behind a bus is almost as bad as having to ride on the fecking things !

Rupert

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on March 20, 2013, 11:35:36 PM

[/quote]

It's not so bad. Just sit in the corner seat, randomly shout out strange phrases like "It's all your fault!" and "I blame the aliens" and cackle occasionaly and you usually get left alone by everyone and have plenty of room around you. The only problem is if a real nutter gets onboard and plops himself down next to you, since the rest of the bus is packed. Shouting at them is merely counter-productive.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

I find waving frantically and pointing and flashing allows me time to enter traffic on a motorway. Not flashing my lights because that just seems rude.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jack Fulham

People who have fog lights on all the time. WHERE IS THE FOG MANN?????

fulhamben

think it says you cant park on the opposite side of the road to the direction you are going but no one abides by that either
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

King_Crud

Quote from: fulhamben on March 21, 2013, 02:15:23 AM
think it says you cant park on the opposite side of the road to the direction you are going but no one abides by that either

definetely the rule in Australia and you will get booked if you do, but seeing how about 50% of cars are paked the wrong way in the UK i thought it must have been ok to do?

HatterDon

Quote from: Rupert on March 20, 2013, 11:43:07 PM

It's not so bad. Just sit in the corner seat, randomly shout out strange phrases like "It's all your fault!" and "I blame the aliens" and cackle occasionaly and you usually get left alone by everyone and have plenty of room around you. The only problem is if a real nutter gets onboard and plops himself down next to you, since the rest of the bus is packed. Shouting at them is merely counter-productive.
[/quote]

Oh, that was you then.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Quote from: Jack Fulham on March 21, 2013, 01:52:43 AM
People who have fog lights on all the time. WHERE IS THE FOG MANN?????
problem is that new cars after 2010 are allowed running lights which are mounted under the front bumpers so all the wanabees now drive with front fog lights on which is illegal except in poor visibility, my pet hate are rear fog lights when it is not foggy, so dangerous as they take attention from brake lights, should only be used like main beam, soon as you have a car behind, turn the bloody things off!

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on March 22, 2013, 01:18:02 PM
Quote from: Rupert on March 20, 2013, 11:43:07 PM

Oh, that was you then.

Thinking about it, the nutter was carrying a banjo...  :HD:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

grandad

In Spain we always pull over, if safe to do so, to allow traffic joining to join at a speed similar to traffic on the motorway.
The main gripe in Spain is that the Spanish think that the only use of the indicator lever is to hang Rosearry beads on.
Where there's a will there's a wife

A Humble Man

Cameras at traffic lights, I cannot believe they prosecute everybody who goes through red lights as if you stand by a traffic lights nearly every change some one jumps the red.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 22, 2013, 03:02:25 PM
Cameras at traffic lights, I cannot believe they prosecute everybody who goes through red lights as if you stand by a traffic lights nearly every change some one jumps the red.

Three words for you: Balcones Heights, Texas

Traffic light cameras are their main source of revenue.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

King_Crud

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 22, 2013, 03:02:25 PM

frankly I don't think there's enough of them in some places, I'm mostly thinking of some intersections around Vauxhall. Have seen so many crazy near misses from people going through what are clearly red lights

filham

There used to be a sensible rule in the Highway Code stating that you should not overtake on a roundabout. Undertaking and overtaking on roundabouts is now so frequent that I wonder if the rule still exists.

cheerupjimmyhill

it was my understanding that when turning right at the lights u move forward allowing the opposite cars to come around you and turn right themselves. is this true because no one does that now.....

A Humble Man

If people would just leave home a little earlier they would have this rush, rush mentality that is the main cause of all this bad driving.  When we drive from Fareham to Fulham we always allow at least an hours contingency for the various possible traps on the way.

We live in a rush, rush society and it is killing people every minute of every day.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

filham

Quote from: A Humble Man on March 22, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
If people would just leave home a little earlier they would have this rush, rush mentality that is the main cause of all this bad driving.  When we drive from Fareham to Fulham we always allow at least an hours contingency for the various possible traps on the way.

We live in a rush, rush society and it is killing people every minute of every day.

So right, people should think carefully and tell themselves is is better to be 5 minutes late in this world than 50 years early in the next.