watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- Best player in the league

Started by HatterDon, March 30, 2013, 04:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I watch between 4 and 6 matches every weekend and usually catch at least one midweek league match when they occur. So, by this time of the season, I've seen every side at least 4 times [except for Stoke who I only watch when we're playing them]. I have to say that, for me, the best player I've seen in the Premier League this season is Man City's Yaya Toure. Some come close, but for my money nobody's better.

Agree? Disagree?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

He was great last season but have felt he's not reached those heights this season.
Best player this season for me is between Mata and RVP.

A Humble Man

We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cmg

NFR means we omit the obvious choice. (Is this an anti-Balkan thing?). So I might go for Santi Cazorla.

leonffc

Maybe last year. This year he seems a bit under rated by his employers bless him. Maybe he needs a pay rise?!

For me the top three are Suarez (he'll win nothing because of the way he carries himself), Mata and Bale (not far off Suarez in terms of sportsmanship but he's British so the press let him off a bit).
RVP scores goals for ManUre. Big deal, so did Andy Cole and I'm sure I could put away a few myself, the amount of chances they create.

Oh and there's Riether but he goes under the radar as he plays for a poo team

Enter the Frei

Wouldn't say Yaya has been anywhere near his best this year, but he's so effective when he's on form. IMO Bale at his best is better than anyone in the league, unbelievable player on his day.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: leonffc on March 30, 2013, 07:23:58 PM
Maybe last year. This year he seems a bit under rated by his employers bless him. Maybe he needs a pay rise?!

For me the top three are Suarez (he'll win nothing because of the way he carries himself), Mata and Bale (not far off Suarez in terms of sportsmanship but he's British so the press let him off a bit).
RVP scores goals for ManUre. Big deal, so did Andy Cole and I'm sure I could put away a few myself, the amount of chances they create.

Oh and there's Riether but he goes under the radar as he plays for a sh1t team

I completely disagree with Bale not being far off Suarez in terms of sportsmanship. Suarez is a vile player who has punched stamped on and even bitten players on multiple occasions. Admittedly Bale dives and goes over far too easily, but Suarez does the same.

Bryanthebroom

Suarez, mata and Rvp are all up there but I'm struggling to see past Bale this second half of the season. Tottenham are only a couple of points off second and I can't remember Adebayor (who seems to AVBs preferred choice up front) scoring a goal. Says it all really.

Yaya is a beast but he's been anonymous in far too many games for city this season.

Jambo

For me, Yaya is probably 1 of only 3/4 world class players in the Prem.  My definition of World class? Would they get in the Real Madrid or Barca side? Bale, Suarez, Van Persie possibly the others.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

leonffc

Quote from: Jambo on March 30, 2013, 07:42:14 PM
For me, Yaya is probably 1 of only 3/4 world class players in the Prem.  My definition of World class? Would they get in the Real Madrid or Barca side? Bale, Suarez, Van Persie possibly the others.

So Pepe (real Madrid) is world class?
Surely world class is the best in his position in the world OR simply unplayable on a regular basis, on an international stage maybe.
RVP? Hmmm, if he had stayed fit for the past 10 years perhaps but the jury's out. He is undoubtably brilliant but I'm unsure about world class (only my opinion obviously).

MJG

World class for me is... would the player get into a game between the best 22 players in the world.
For example I don't believe one England player is world class. There are four better strikers than Rooney. Cole is not even the best left back for England anymore.

Jambo

Quote from: leonffc on March 30, 2013, 07:52:58 PM
Quote from: Jambo on March 30, 2013, 07:42:14 PM
For me, Yaya is probably 1 of only 3/4 world class players in the Prem.  My definition of World class? Would they get in the Real Madrid or Barca side? Bale, Suarez, Van Persie possibly the others.

So Pepe (real Madrid) is world class?
Surely world class is the best in his position in the world OR simply unplayable on a regular basis, on an international stage maybe.
RVP? Hmmm, if he had stayed fit for the past 10 years perhaps but the jury's out. He is undoubtably brilliant but I'm unsure about world class (only my opinion obviously).

No, maybe I should have said not to take it so literally.  Barca and RM are for most the best sides in the world and try to buy the best players in each position.  Not everyone in the Barca and RM sides are World Class.

RVP? would be pushed to name 3 or 4 better finishers in the game today, World Class for me,

@jambohunt

SmithyFFC

How ANYONE can not say Bale in regards to the Leagues best player is beyond me. The lad is miles ahead of anyone the Premier Leagues seen since Ronaldo left.
FTID

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

leonffc

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on March 30, 2013, 08:15:53 PM
How ANYONE can not say Bale in regards to the Leagues best player is beyond me. The lad is miles ahead of anyone the Premier Leagues seen since Ronaldo left.

No one likes a cheat!

MJG

he's been excellent the last couple of months, but the previous 6 months he was pretty quiet.

Jambo

Quote from: MJG on March 30, 2013, 08:26:50 PM
he's been excellent the last couple of months, but the previous 6 months he was pretty quiet.

Slightly harsh on him.  He has been unreal in the last couple of months, his goal again today was superb. But in fairness he has been a good performer for a couple of seasons now.  that period when spurs were in the Champs League he was immense.  Still young too.

@jambohunt

Jambo

Quote from: MJG on March 30, 2013, 07:59:05 PM
World class for me is... would the player get into a game between the best 22 players in the world.
For example I don't believe one England player is world class. There are four better strikers than Rooney. Cole is not even the best left back for England anymore.

This could turn this into a long thread but....... how would that team sheet look 11 v 11? 

@jambohunt

MJG

Quote from: Jambo on March 30, 2013, 08:31:16 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 30, 2013, 08:26:50 PM

Slightly harsh on him.  He has been unreal in the last couple of months, his goal again today was superb. But in fairness he has been a good performer for a couple of seasons now.  that period when spurs were in the Champs League he was immense.  Still young too.
why harsh? I'm talking about first half of the season he was not pulling any trees up.  It seemed to be all about him diving and Spurs were functioning as a team. Since Xmas he has stepped up a gear. He's a really good player who when he's on his game he's unstoppable.