watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riise or Richardson against Newcastle?

Started by JackyFulham90, April 02, 2013, 07:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I think now is the time for Richardson to get a run of games at left back, Riise still has plenty to offer but he has lost his pace & I hope Jol gives Richardson the run of games to see if he can be our number 1 left back next season

sipwell

So you would replace a good player who has a good run of late (note the 'almost goal' and the forced own goal) with one who hasn't played for a while?

Bold.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Jack Fulham

Riise is playing well at the moment. No reason to drop him.

A Humble Man

We are playing well winning games yet people want changes.  I hope those who were keen on Emanulson have learnt their lesson.

The grass is always greener where you are.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

M i c K Y x FFC

Play Duff on the right and Richardson in front of Riise on the left, until Dejagah is fit.

the nutflush

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 02, 2013, 07:28:31 PM
I think now is the time for Richardson to get a run of games at left back, Riise still has plenty to offer but he has lost his pace & I hope Jol gives Richardson the run of games to see if he can be our number 1 left back next season
Richardson couldn't be our number one boot cleaner.  He's rubbish and been a total waste of money.

b+w geezer

On paper Richardson ticked all the boxes as a signing and I am another who would not wish to right him off. He certainly started badly and resumed badly after injury and resumed badly after that. Then he started to look good. Then he got injured again.

I too would like to see him have an extended run at left-back during the ideal opportunity that now arises. A convenient tweak allowing Riise a few weeks off would not be the worse outcome with the future in mind.

twang

Quote from: A Humble Man on April 02, 2013, 10:57:09 PM
We are playing well winning games yet people want changes.  I hope those who were keen on Emanulson have learnt their lesson.

The grass is always greener where you are.

Exactly. There were so many crying out for Emanuelson to replace Duff based solely on Urby's track record at other clubs and the classic argument: 'He's got pace'. Well that isn't enough when a team is settled, playing well and gets results.

Could understand if Jol wants to see what Richardson has to offer at left back in some of these remaining games though, if that's going to be his main position in the future.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I'd go for Rchardson. Qpr choose Riise as our weakest spot and the plan paid off in the second half, he is unwilling to put his foot in and he seems always to retreat in the box because he is too scared of making a challenge. Mind you he is ok with Duff helping him out, but as you could see when Emanuelson was playing there he was shitting himself...
No hard feelings, I like the guy and he has been okish to us, but he is really becoming a liability at the moment.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!