watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham is coming to Costa Rica!!

Started by costarican white, April 03, 2013, 09:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyFulham1

Hope the club announce the dates early so I can make plans.

Patrick

Quote from: costarican white on April 03, 2013, 11:14:57 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 03, 2013, 10:55:35 PM
This may be a stupid question but dear Costa Rican White - have you ever seen a live Fulham match?

Nop, last year i went to London but the weekend I arrived was the last game of the season versus Spurs, couldn´t get a ticket

CW.....I might visit for a holiday.....what are the best airlines to use from London???....thanks...

earlbeatty

Blimey - That is going to be a long coach journey from Motspur Park!!

EB

Jack Fulham

Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 04, 2013, 07:18:40 AM
Not to be a winey bltch or anything but why hasn't Fulham come to the states? Not even when we had a half dozen Americans in the squad... I'm happy for our concacaf cousins but wtf is the deal with bypassing the states?

I'm guessing there is more demand for other teams in the States.

McBridefan1

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on April 04, 2013, 08:31:17 AM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 04, 2013, 07:18:40 AM
Not to be a winey bltch or anything but why hasn't Fulham come to the states? Not even when we had a half dozen Americans in the squad... I'm happy for our concacaf cousins but wtf is the deal with bypassing the states?

Well stop whining then. July 2005 I remember we played in the States. Possibly Chicago. I landed in Florida in time to see the last 10 minutes on TV, and the post match interview with your hero.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and go with either a) you are to young to remember, or b) you are to old to remember.  :022:

ya I became a full fledged Fulham fan in 2005, and they never came back... you people trying to tell me something?  :012:

McBridefan1

Christ Haley's commit comes around more often than Fulham.

fulhampa23

Why is it in June? Most preseason camps to the states or anywhere else are in July, and preseason doesn't start until early July. Maybe this is a postseason tour of some kind, I don;t know seems unusual.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

costarican white

Quote from: Patrick on April 04, 2013, 11:11:30 AM
This may be a stupid question but dear Costa Rican White - have you ever seen a live Fulham match?

Nop, last year i went to London but the weekend I arrived was the last game of the season versus Spurs, couldn´t get a ticket

CW.....I might visit for a holiday.....what are the best airlines to use from London???....thanks...

As there isn´t a direct connection London-San Jose the shortest track is London-Barajas,Madrid and then directly to San Jose with Iberia, that´s what I did at least although I was in Brussels last year when I returned.

There are others through the US but I think they are a bit more expensive though.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhampa23 on April 04, 2013, 06:32:23 PM
Why is it in June? Most preseason camps to the states or anywhere else are in July, and preseason doesn't start until early July. Maybe this is a postseason tour of some kind, I don;t know seems unusual.

Just a guess, here, but it could be scheduled then so as not to conflict with World Cup qualifying.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Quote from: CanadianCottager on April 04, 2013, 02:14:40 AM
To anyone traveling to Costa Rica with Fulham make sure you bring some coffee back with you. Best coffee I've ever had in my life. Lovely country, and the weather a tad bit nice than London or my own Canada.

The big coffee name down there is Café Brit. Quite nice. However, look for some La Minita. I think it rivals Kona. Oh, and try an Imperial, La Cerveza de Costa Rica!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Patrick on April 04, 2013, 11:11:30 AM

On the two times I went flew with Virgin to Miami first trip then connecting flight to san jose second time BA to Tampa then onto San Jose. out of the two Tampa wins hands down but had a longer wait for connecting flight.Miami is just awful in every sense. A colleague flew into Miami few weeks ago and said it took him 4 hours to get through immigration, they had a sign saying due to cut backs services had been reduced with only half the desks open but there were laod of immigration people just standing at the back of the hall chatting the whole time, 

Patrick

Thanks CW and MH for the travel comments...I think the Madrid route might be easier....US Immigration can be really tiring.....

CW.....can you please post again when the dates are confirmed in the Costa Rican press......many thanks...

Holders

That's a real bummer, mate. Let's hope you're right and you get to see all the games this time.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria