Started by Toshes Fag Packet, April 08, 2013, 08:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toshes Fag Packet

:031:
What sort of an attempt at a clearance was that?,a flick with
outside of left boot straight to their player to pass back into Cisse
to score...
3rd minute of injury time just hoof it away into the stands and take a point
out of the game,dont try and be clever..
Doh...

Roberty

Ahh - the board speciality - find someone to blame.
I am sure this gives great encouragement to our team.
I blame the Bulgarian duo for not scoring - it would have been 1 - 2 if they had.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

JBH

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on April 08, 2013, 08:03:27 AM
:031:
What sort of an attempt at a clearance was that?,a flick with
outside of left boot straight to their player to pass back into Cisse
to score...
3rd minute of injury time just hoof it away into the stands and take a point
out of the game,dont try and be clever..
Doh...

Prehaps he still feels guilty about the own goal he scored that led to NUFC's last relegation and wanted to make amends  065.gif

Lighthouse

I think playing and defending in your own area was to blame. Clearing the ball just meant it came right back at us. Ah for the days when a player could hold the ball up and wait for support. Now we play in our own half and hope for runners when we have none.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 08, 2013, 09:41:20 AM
I think playing and defending in your own area was to blame. Clearing the ball just meant it came right back at us. Ah for the days when a player could hold the ball up and wait for support. Now we play in our own half and hope for runners when we have none.

Yes.so often we are defending desperately for the last 15/30 minutes of a game with long clearances that go directly to an oponent on the hlfway line who immediately starts another attack. The ability,we have demonstrated earlier in the game, to pass the ball out of defence seems to have been lost.

TonyGilroy

Remember Duff's assist for Berbatov's goal on Monday and his clearance from the QPR penalty.

He may no longer be lightning fast but he puts in a real shift throughout a game. Plenty of defensive work and attacking nous. We'll miss him when he's gone.

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 08, 2013, 11:07:52 AM

Remember Duff's assist for Berbatov's goal on Monday and his clearance from the QPR penalty.

He may no longer be lightning fast but he puts in a real shift throughout a game. Plenty of defensive work and attacking nous. We'll miss him when he's gone.
:plus one: Always got to be a scapegoat for some.

Burt

It's pointless blaming him for the goal because then we can blame our forwards for not taking their chances, or for Kara for running out of puff, etc. etc. There are so many "moments" in a game.

MJG

Quote from: filham on April 08, 2013, 10:02:11 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 08, 2013, 09:41:20 AM

Yes.so often we are defending desperately for the last 15/30 minutes of a game with long clearances that go directly to an oponent on the hlfway line who immediately starts another attack. The ability,we have demonstrated earlier in the game, to pass the ball out of defence seems to have been lost.
I'm convinced the age of the team is a factor second half's. You have a back five who ages are 40, 30, 28, 31 and 32. No matter how fit they are its going to effect the way they play.
We should have been much fresher than NU but in the second half of games we just drop back and back.
On top of that you have a 36 and 34 year old taking up 2 of the  midfield places as well.
And remember most of these players are all signed up for next year as well, or at least Jol has intimated he wants them.
Its an issue which should not be ignored.

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on April 08, 2013, 11:49:26 AM

That's a bit pot calling the kettle black coming from you, given the amount of stick you've given Senderos in the past.

NogoodBoyo

Who cares? 
Newcastle had far more shots on goal, more possession, more corners, more desire to win, more need to win, weren't given a penalty they should have been given, missed a few very good chances and they hit the post three times.
One duff Duff clearance is minor compared to the above "facts".
But, when all is said and done, we played some attractive football, we looked a bit unbalanced on the right, the wonderful ancient Greek was dead on his feet and should have been submitted on 75, we did miss a few good opportunities to score but I didn't find much to grumble about.  We no longer look the push-over away from home that we used to be.  We very nearly stole three points, and were a couple of minutes short of a draw.
Nogood "on to the work of the week and next week's game now, isit" Boyo
P.S. Mrs. B - The precis version: Family and work is far more important than one bad clearance on a day when we were slightly and understandably second best.

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: epsomraver on April 08, 2013, 11:49:26 AM

Point is he was to blame,it was the 3rd minute of injury time
and his girlie clearance went straight to the guy who passed to
Cissie...If he booted it out we would have got a point..
Like another poster states your all Quick to blame Senderos if it were him.
DOH...

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 08, 2013, 01:14:52 PM
Who cares? 
Newcastle had far more shots on goal, more possession, more corners, more desire to win, more need to win, weren't given a penalty they should have been given, missed a few very good chances and they hit the post three times.
But, when all is said and done, we played some attractive football, we looked a bit unbalanced on the right, the wonderful ancient Greek was dead on his feet and should have been submitted on 75, we did miss a few good opportunities to score but I didn't find much to grumble about.  We no longer look the push-over away from home that we used to be.  We very nearly stole three points, and were a couple of minutes short of a draw.
P.S. Mrs. B - The precis version: Family and work is far more important than one bad clearance on a day when we were slightly and understandably second best.

WHO CARES you state.
Your not much of a fan then if you dont care if we lose...

FFC1987

Where was Sendero's for the goal anyway!? Should have cleared it off the line but his spacial awareness was at fault......again.....

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 08, 2013, 04:12:03 PM
Where was Sendero's for the goal anyway!? Should have cleared it off the line but his spacial awareness was at fault......again.....

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....Glory boy Duffs fault.
Senderos had a good game...Duff didnt.
Im not anti Duff just stating if he kicked it out
we would have got a point...Zzzzzzzzzz

Burt

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on April 08, 2013, 04:11:24 PM
Who cares? 

WHO CARES you state.

I suspect you will find that Mr Nogood doesn't care about apportioning blame, but does care about the result...

Bu "taking words out of someone else's mouth, isit" rt.

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: Burt on April 08, 2013, 04:20:29 PM
Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on April 08, 2013, 04:11:24 PM
Who cares? 

WHO CARES you state.

I suspect you will find that Mr Nogood doesn't care about apportioning blame, but does care about the result...

Bu "taking words out of someone else's mouth, isit" rt.

Really...Sounded like it in his post...Lol
Sorry for putting the post up and blaming Duff in the
first place..
What is this a closed shop for you guys who all agree with one another.
Bye...Bye...

Burt

Not in the slightest.

I disagree with myself all the time. Apart from on Mondays.

Riverside

More to the point he turned the CB who was marking him inside out .

Senderos ? No
Hangeland ? No

Berbatov !!!

HatterDon

The fact of the matter is that as soon as Enoh was subbed out, we showed no interest at all in attempting to score. If we're not a threat to their makeshift backfield, they're bound to score sooner or later. Until we changed the way we were playing -- and it was radical and immediate after the substitution -- I thought we were going to win the match. We were more organized, more balanced, and much more effective on and off the ball. We also had the will to attack. At minute 51, we started playing for the 0-0 and that gave all the impetus to Newcastle.

I don't believe that it was Damien Duff's decision to play that way.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel