watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Clearout

Started by M i c K Y x FFC, April 11, 2013, 11:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M i c K Y x FFC

I think we need a big clear out in the summer. I reckon these players should go, including not extending loans:

Stockdale
Somogyi
Baird
Hughes
Manolev
Kasami
Diarra
Emanuelson
Davies
Petric

None of them have a future at Fulham, and should be moved on.

Arthur

If Diarra can make a recovery from his injury, he'll stay another year.

MJG

Stockdale-Would keep and make No 1.
Somogyi-Agree
Baird-Good squad player, if happy to stay I would keep him.
Hughes-Should stay, he is 2/3rd choice and Burn has played zero games for us to 3rd choice.
Manolev-Agree
Kasami-No he should stay as he's still young and had a half decent loan spell.
Diarra-Agree
Emanuelson-Agree
Davies-Agree
Petric-Agree

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Arthur on April 12, 2013, 12:26:12 AM

Diarra has been class but he hasn't recovered from his previous injuries and requires surgery after surgery, I'd rather we let him go and replaced him in the summer than him play 2 weeks, get injured again and us be short...again!

westcliff white

Not sure i agree with all...

Stockdale, for me he will always be the back up, I would keep but think he will be sold.
Somogyi, agree
Baird, agree with u if he will stay keep him, but I think he will leave
Hughes, again I agree with you, but burn needs to play too in league cup etc, and on bench every now and the for prem
Manolev,good at the back, good back up for Reither if Baird or hughes go
Kasami, I like him hope he stays, but fear he will leave as he wants to lay all the time
Diarra, if fit he stays simple choice for me, the loss of Dempsey and dembele hid how much we have missed big mo.
Emanuelson, no option on him but he is quality o his day, needs to play to find that consistency,he will go back to Milan
Davies, time sadly to go
Petric, I would keep him if he wanted to stay, has a Lot of talent and a lot of goals in him. Finding a way to play Berra, Ruiz and patric maybe hard tho.
Every day is a Fulham day

BishopsParkFantastic

I would keep Stockdale (if he wants to stay!) and Hughes for another year.

JackyFulham90

I agree with the clear out

I think

Stockdale
Baird
Hughes
Frimpong
Davies
Emanuelson

Should all be let go

But you need a squad hopefully Diarra & Petric stay both class acts.
We need to keep Kasami very talented youngster we should also keep Enoh & Manolev

In the Premier League It's key you have a bigger squad to pick from

MJG

With regards Petric lets look at who we have already for the front two spots.
Berbatov & Ruiz are both first choice for the two forward roles.
Rodellaga give us the pace and 3rd choice.
Petric has been injured but unless the first two are ever dropped or even subbed by Jol he's not going to get a chance.
Petric for that reason will leave. We should then promote Trotta maybe to the 4th choice striker role.

M i c K Y x FFC

My reasons for stockdale, Baird, kasami and Petric are that they should leave for themselves. They could be first team players elsewhere, and its unfair for them just sitting on the bench.

Arthur

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 12, 2013, 09:15:38 AM

Diarra has been class but he hasn't recovered from his previous injuries and requires surgery after surgery, I'd rather we let him go and replaced him in the summer than him play 2 weeks, get injured again and us be short...again!

As far as I'm aware, Diarra's absence this season is due to the knee injury he sustained on international duty. If he can make a full recovery from that, there is nothing to suggest that he is any more likely than the next player to pick up another injury.

Moreover, it's easy to think, 'let him go and replace him', but, as you say yourself, he's a classy player. Even if we found someone as good, why dispense with Diarra if he's proved his fitness? It's players who haven't got the quality to help us mount a challenge for a higher league placing that we ought to be letting go.

MJG

Quote from: Arthur on April 12, 2013, 11:34:46 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 12, 2013, 09:15:38 AM

As far as I'm aware, Diarra's absence this season is due to the knee injury he sustained on international duty. If he can make a full recovery from that, there is nothing to suggest that he is any more likely than the next player to pick up another injury.

Moreover, it's easy to think, 'let him go and replace him', but, as you say yourself, he's a classy player. Even if we found someone as good, why dispense with Diarra if he's proved his fitness? It's players who haven't got the quality to help us mount a challenge for a higher league placing that we ought to be letting go.
On the other hand he joined us last season having retired from Int football. Got a contract for this year and then came back from Ret and got injured with them.
His history of injury's is not good either, so I would move on from him.

Classic94

I'd like to keep Kasami. It's easy to forget that he's still only 21 and was very highly-rated when he joined. It's a shame that we couldn't loan him out to a Championship team for the remainder of the season. He needs games.

ffc73

Quote from: Classic94 on April 12, 2013, 12:10:10 PM
I'd like to keep Kasami. It's easy to forget that he's still only 21 and was very highly-rated when he joined. It's a shame that we couldn't loan him out to a Championship team for the remainder of the season. He needs games.

He is on loan in Switzerland.  Does anyone know if he is getting game time over there?

As for the others I would expect Hughes and Manolev to stay unless either prefer to be playing rather than training and warming the bench.

FFC1987

I'd actually like Frimpong for another year to see if he can push through and secure a spot. No harm as I imagine we have a good loan deal in place with Arsenal and if he does succeed, he would be a free next season. (please correct me if I'm wrong on contract situation as some places say he's a free agent from this summer and some say summer 2014) As for Kasami, I think ultimately i'll just trust Jol, if he see's promise in him (which he say's he does) I'd like him to stay and get game time. If he's not likely to get any, either ship him out on loan again for the future or just move him on.

jarv

I am not so worried about the clear out. Fulham, again, has shown us they are a solid mid table team. I think we all know now (it has taken a whole season) what the best 11 is. I am looking forward to see if any top quality players are brought in, which will strengthen an already good team.

Strange thing about football today is the squad thing. Loan players, ageing players who rarely, some never, get to play. Can't be much fun for them, can it? (Except on payday)

rusty shackleford

Nice to see Manolev get kicked to the curb after a whole 2 games. One of which he played pretty well in

ffc73

Quote from: rusty shackleford on April 12, 2013, 01:42:40 PM
Nice to see Manolev get kicked to the curb after a whole 2 games. One of which he played pretty well in

Not necessarily being kicked to the curb but he is not better than Reither or Dejagah so he is not a starter.  If he is not a starter does he or we want to keep an international player kicking about picking up a pay cheque when we have a host of youngsters that could sit on the bench and get match day experience and maybe some game time.

The alternative is to do what we do now.  Sign experienced pros and send the youngsters out on loan.  I thought that Jol was planning to bring some of these youngsters through.  I just had hoped he meant bringing them through to our first team and not for other clubs to benefit

JackyFulham90

I would expect Davies , Baird , Frimpong , Urby , Stockdale to leave this summer possibly Hughes, Diarra & Petric although I would rather we keep them, I don't think Briggs & Trotta are good enough to make the squad but Mesca looks likely to be another addition maybe Tankovic there will certainly be a few changes this summer

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 12, 2013, 02:33:09 PM
I don't think Briggs & Trotta are good enough to make the squad

Saw a bit of the last Watford game, can't remember who it was against, but Briggs really didn't impress.  He had a fair few chances top put in crosses when players were in eh area but either decided against it or just failed miserably.  And defensively he seemed to give up chasing back a few times.