watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match Thread

Started by grandad, April 13, 2013, 03:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

We are 3rd on in MOTD. Another good result I suppose.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Luffy86 on April 13, 2013, 05:19:34 PM
Sounds like we're commenting on a handful of chances??? Maybe it's me?, but I think we should be creating a lot more than what I heard GJ talking about... Too many times I hear its all about the opposing team, and us with the odd attack once in a while...

True, we don't create enough considering we have Ruiz and Berba in our team.

Enter the Frei

I thought Richardson was good today, wouldn't mind him as our first choice left back for next season in fact I'd be happy if our back four is as started today next season.

I think our problem area right now is the wingers, Manolev looks like a right back and Emmanuelson flits in and out of the game. You can see his quality at times, but he's not quite got going. Dejagah of course has been a big loss, but I think we're in a bit of a difficult situation with them. We've got 3 promising young wingers in Kaca, Frei and to a lesser extent Mesca who I think Jol is relying on one of them to really break through and cement themselves a first team place. None of them have really done it yet and I don't think we can go into next season with only them 3, Duff and Dejagah as our wingers with the fill in players like Hugo and Richardson.

Fulham1959

I'm very happy with the point, especially with Southampton and West Ham drawing.  We sounded much better in the 2nd Half (G. Jim).

NogoodBoyo

We were much better in the second half.  I wonder what channel you were all watching on?  The Undertakers' Network?
Enoh was rock solid with a nice way of switching the direction of play. 
Urbu had a very decent game.  In the first half he gathered the ball by the corner flag with his back to goal.  He turned on a sixpence, skinned the right back and laid the ball back on a silver platter for Berbatov to hit a goulash of a shot slow and wide of the post.  Most unusual.
In fact, Ruiz, Petric, Berbatov - all had good chances that they probably would have put away on most other days.  But, it certainly wasn't the bore fest most on here seem to have watched. 
Berbatov?  Some of his lay-offs and passes were sublime.  Shame about his shooting boots.  Still worth the entrance price alone.
Villa weren't a bad young side either.  Their inexperience cost them the two points with panic in front of goal where cooler, older  heads might have prevailed.
One good point made earlier was about Schwartzer. He made two or three fantastic saves in the first half, another top set of finger tips in the second but then he looked like a Hackney Marshes keeper with two limp punches in the final ten minutes.
For the record, Hangeland made two more serious defensive errors from which they should have scored to Senderos's one small lapse.  Other than that, the handsome straight-eyed Swiss played well.
Oh yes, another very intelligent comment above was how useful Urbu's older brother looked at left back.  I think Riise might be toast next year.
Ruiz was Ruiz.  Brilliant one moment, poor the next.  He's still capable of turning matches around single-handedly though.
Finally, Manolev.  I would prefer not to see him play on the wing.  Her has a poor final ball and is not on the same wavelength as the rest of the team.  Still, he's new and probably doesn't speak much English, so I'll trust Jol's judgement more than I would mine.
Nogood "why so much glummitude is beyond me, itis" Boyo

FFC_17

Decent result, but like last week at Newcastle, we were too one dimensional up front.

Ruiz and Berba are too similar. There's no real penetration or runs from deep from both of them and that makes our attacking play too predictable, especially because we were playing without true wingers. We lacked pace, attacking runs and penetration.

Since we are home and dry now, i would like Jol to try Ruiz behind Berba and Rodallega or another 'running' forward. If we can combine the vision and creativity of Ruiz and Berba with pace and runs we can really improve!

Berserker

I've never thought that much about Berbertov but viewed him form the side today instead of the Putney end, i was amazed how good his ball control was.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.