Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 28001 times)

Offline tslyon

• Graham Leggat
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
I am SOOOO  tired of playing for ties!!!

Offline Enter the Frei

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2013, 04:52:09 PM »
I'll take a point away at Villa, but we weren't very good at all.

Offline Burt

• Global Moderator
  • Moritz Volz
  • The future's bright, the future's white.
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2013, 04:52:17 PM »
Arsenal 3-1 up

Offline Burt

• Global Moderator
  • Moritz Volz
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2013, 04:53:19 PM »
40 points!!

It wasn't pretty, but what the hell.

049:gif

Offline CanadianCottager

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »
I'll take it. Probably 1 point more than we deserved considering we only really attacked for like 15 minutes.

Offline JIMMY D

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2013, 04:54:22 PM »
Wow a draw which we sucked big time. Play like that against the scum and we will get smashed!

Offline ..Kya.ffc..

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »
1 point and we should be thankful, that was poor once again.

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2013, 04:54:56 PM »
Bloody frustrating again. It's clear we have the better team and skill but are so negative and slow.

Offline Burt

• Global Moderator
  • Moritz Volz
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
Surely the Ha's must be all but down after losing at Goodison.

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
Thank God there was only 3 mins of added on time.
Over all a good result against a team we have never beaten at their place & who are playing for their lives.
Never going to be easy with our injuries so fair play to the lads in the 2nd half.

Offline Mitrovic the warrior

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2013, 04:56:07 PM »
This will be 2 points dropped (providing Villa dont score). Villa are a poor side, but our over defensive tactics yet again away from home has cost us.

I still dont think Ruiz and Berbatov works as a striking partnership, ESPECIALLY when we have no pace on the wings.

Saying all that, Berbatov and Petric both missed fantastic chances to score.

Villa aren't a poor side at all. Benteke, Agbonlahor and Weimann is a lethal attacking trio. Defensively they aren't great though. Can't help but feel the loss of Duff and Dejagah has hampered us. Manolev looks every bit like a right back playing right wing and he never beats his man.

Offline grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2013, 04:58:19 PM »
16 points away from home from 17 games is quite a good return. 10 teams have lost more than us.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:00:48 PM by grandad »

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
Nice to see Petric back but had Rodders missed that chance then he would be out on his ear. Still not sure why we don't play a forward alongside Berbatov. We play so deep with Ruiz not being used where it will hurt teams.

Offline Fulham1959

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »
I am SOOOO  tired of playing for ties!!!

In that case, play for shirts !

God The Mechanic

« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »
Agbonlahor didn't play, and that was one hell of a bonus imo.

There's nowhere near enough pace or drive in the tam.  Enoh provides some drive, but he's a bit too defensive to have any real impact up top - combine him with Kara and that'd be one hell of a player.  Ruiz, Berba and Petric are just too one paced to really function without either pacy wingers or someone driving through the middle.

Positives were Schwarzers first 80 mins (seriously, what happened with those punches in the last 10), Enoh again looked pretty decent and Senderos had another pretty comfortable game.
Negatives were definitely Duff's injury (unless it means Frei gets more gametime, but missing two first choice wingers isn't fun), Reither and Hangeland weren't as good as they have been recently and offensively in the first 40 minutes there was just nothing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:04:47 PM by God The Mechanic »

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »
Nice to see Petric back but had Rodders missed that chance then he would be out on his ear. Still not sure why we don't play a forward alongside Berbatov. We play so deep with Ruiz not being used where it will hurt teams.

Agreed he should've scored, poor miss, very poor. Berba's was poor too.

Offline CanadianCottager

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
Agbonlahor didn't play, and that was one hell of a bonus imo.

There's nowhere near enough pace or drive in the tam.  Enoh provides some drive, but he's a bit too defensive to have any real impact up top - combine him with Kara and that'd be one hell of a player.  Ruiz, Berba and Petric are just too one paced to really function without either pacy wingers or someone driving through the middle.

Positives were Schwarzers first 80 mins (seriously, what happened with those punches in the last 10), Enoh again looked pretty decent and Senderos had another pretty comfortable game.
Negatives were definitely Duff's injury (unless it means Frei gets more gametime, but missing two first choice wingers isn't fun), Reither hasn't looked as good recently and offensively in the first 40 minutes there was just nothing.

Really missed Ashkan Dejagah today, and no one more than Sascha Riether. People really underestimate how important having Dejagah in front of him is to Riether's game.

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2013, 05:05:52 PM »
Personally I don't mind Berba dropping into the hole from time to time. He can pick a decisive pass and create chances, but of course it only works if someone takes his place up top. Ruiz needs to do this as do the wingers. I'm wondering how Ruiz got 24 goals in the Eredivisie, he barely ever shoots. And he's a good finisher so it's frustrating.

Offline JIMMY D

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2013, 05:07:06 PM »
So true. Ruiz has not taken a shot for good long time...

Offline Luffy86

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »
Sounds like we're commenting on a handful of chances??? Maybe it's me?, but I think we should be creating a lot more than what I heard GJ talking about... Too many times I hear its all about the opposing team, and us with the odd attack once in a while...