watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match Thread

Started by grandad, April 13, 2013, 03:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tslyon

I am SOOOO  tired of playing for ties!!!

Enter the Frei

I'll take a point away at Villa, but we weren't very good at all.

Burt

Burt

40 points!!

It wasn't pretty, but what the hell.

049:gif

CanadianCottager

I'll take it. Probably 1 point more than we deserved considering we only really attacked for like 15 minutes.

JIMMY D

Wow a draw which we sucked big time. Play like that against the scum and we will get smashed!

..Kya.ffc..

1 point and we should be thankful, that was poor once again.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Lighthouse

Bloody frustrating again. It's clear we have the better team and skill but are so negative and slow.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Surely the Ha's must be all but down after losing at Goodison.

grandad

Thank God there was only 3 mins of added on time.
Over all a good result against a team we have never beaten at their place & who are playing for their lives.
Never going to be easy with our injuries so fair play to the lads in the 2nd half.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Ordar on April 13, 2013, 04:47:42 PM
This will be 2 points dropped (providing Villa dont score). Villa are a poor side, but our over defensive tactics yet again away from home has cost us.

I still dont think Ruiz and Berbatov works as a striking partnership, ESPECIALLY when we have no pace on the wings.

Saying all that, Berbatov and Petric both missed fantastic chances to score.

Villa aren't a poor side at all. Benteke, Agbonlahor and Weimann is a lethal attacking trio. Defensively they aren't great though. Can't help but feel the loss of Duff and Dejagah has hampered us. Manolev looks every bit like a right back playing right wing and he never beats his man.

grandad

16 points away from home from 17 games is quite a good return. 10 teams have lost more than us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Nice to see Petric back but had Rodders missed that chance then he would be out on his ear. Still not sure why we don't play a forward alongside Berbatov. We play so deep with Ruiz not being used where it will hurt teams.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham1959

Quote from: tslyon on April 13, 2013, 04:51:33 PM
I am SOOOO  tired of playing for ties!!!

In that case, play for shirts !

God The Mechanic

Agbonlahor didn't play, and that was one hell of a bonus imo.

There's nowhere near enough pace or drive in the tam.  Enoh provides some drive, but he's a bit too defensive to have any real impact up top - combine him with Kara and that'd be one hell of a player.  Ruiz, Berba and Petric are just too one paced to really function without either pacy wingers or someone driving through the middle.

Positives were Schwarzers first 80 mins (seriously, what happened with those punches in the last 10), Enoh again looked pretty decent and Senderos had another pretty comfortable game.
Negatives were definitely Duff's injury (unless it means Frei gets more gametime, but missing two first choice wingers isn't fun), Reither and Hangeland weren't as good as they have been recently and offensively in the first 40 minutes there was just nothing.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 13, 2013, 04:59:56 PM
Nice to see Petric back but had Rodders missed that chance then he would be out on his ear. Still not sure why we don't play a forward alongside Berbatov. We play so deep with Ruiz not being used where it will hurt teams.

Agreed he should've scored, poor miss, very poor. Berba's was poor too.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 13, 2013, 05:02:23 PM
Agbonlahor didn't play, and that was one hell of a bonus imo.

There's nowhere near enough pace or drive in the tam.  Enoh provides some drive, but he's a bit too defensive to have any real impact up top - combine him with Kara and that'd be one hell of a player.  Ruiz, Berba and Petric are just too one paced to really function without either pacy wingers or someone driving through the middle.

Positives were Schwarzers first 80 mins (seriously, what happened with those punches in the last 10), Enoh again looked pretty decent and Senderos had another pretty comfortable game.
Negatives were definitely Duff's injury (unless it means Frei gets more gametime, but missing two first choice wingers isn't fun), Reither hasn't looked as good recently and offensively in the first 40 minutes there was just nothing.

Really missed Ashkan Dejagah today, and no one more than Sascha Riether. People really underestimate how important having Dejagah in front of him is to Riether's game.

Bassey the warrior

Personally I don't mind Berba dropping into the hole from time to time. He can pick a decisive pass and create chances, but of course it only works if someone takes his place up top. Ruiz needs to do this as do the wingers. I'm wondering how Ruiz got 24 goals in the Eredivisie, he barely ever shoots. And he's a good finisher so it's frustrating.

JIMMY D

So true. Ruiz has not taken a shot for good long time...

Luffy86

Sounds like we're commenting on a handful of chances??? Maybe it's me?, but I think we should be creating a lot more than what I heard GJ talking about... Too many times I hear its all about the opposing team, and us with the odd attack once in a while...