Started by Rhys Lightning 63, April 15, 2013, 10:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fulham76

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 15, 2013, 10:56:42 AM
So much for 'ambition'.

Mugs

There was never any danger of that lot finishing above us. You can't have 1 decent season, which got them to the premier league & then suddenly become an established & successful club, no matter how much money you throw at it. We worked our through the divisions over a few years & won each league by a mile so wasn't as big a step up for us.

Anyway, I hear their clueless owners have remortgaged the club/stadium to recoup some of their money! Not a good sign...

NorfolkJim

I wonder where all their journeymen and mercenaries will end up? I can't see many of them staying on to try and come back up first try. It just goes to show that you can't just buy your way to success, you need the right manager to go with it and a balanced team. QPR have lots of good players on their books but they still don't work well as a team. You get these brilliant moves during the match but it's like fireworks night in my back yard, occasional rockets and sparkle but big gaps of nothing happening in between when what you need is a properly arranged display.
All I want to see now is Stoke to fall down into that third place. Reading I have nothing against but QPR and Stoke we are well rid of.

Northern Cottager

They are going to have some seriously huge payouts for the dead wood mercenaries that will refuse to leave when other clubs come in and offer them a fraction of what those geniuses over at Laughtus Road offered them! Shall be an interesting summer watching them.

sipwell

You do seem to have a preoccupation with QPR. Care to explain your "rabbit and light" moment?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Fulham76

Quote from: NorfolkJim on April 15, 2013, 12:20:47 PM
I wonder where all their journeymen and mercenaries will end up? I can't see many of them staying on to try and come back up first try. It just goes to show that you can't just buy your way to success, you need the right manager to go with it and a balanced team. QPR have lots of good players on their books but they still don't work well as a team. You get these brilliant moves during the match but it's like fireworks night in my back yard, occasional rockets and sparkle but big gaps of nothing happening in between when what you need is a properly arranged display.
All I want to see now is Stoke to fall down into that third place. Reading I have nothing against but QPR and Stoke we are well rid of.

I can't see many of their players moving on. First of all, who would want them? I certainly wouldn't want any of them, (Remy aside). And secondly, they've found a club stupid enough to pay their ridiculous, over the top wages.

No matter what their dopey owner says, they are 100% in the toilet financially. Idiots haven't a clue how to run a football club.

NorfolkJim

Fortunately if they were to fold their knuckle-draggers would defect to Chelsea and not us - those are the kind of transfers we could do without

HatterDon

Quote from: sipwell on April 15, 2013, 12:32:00 PM
You do seem to have a preoccupation with QPR. Care to explain your "rabbit and light" moment?

I've noticed that as well. What will he post about next season, I wonder.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on April 15, 2013, 12:51:14 PM

I think he should post exclusively about Cardiff next season.

Is it worth starting a poll, do you think?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: HatterDon on April 15, 2013, 12:51:14 PM

It all stems from my time on the now-defunct 90 Minute Football Show. The QPR fan on their just got under my skin and his jealousy of us annoyed me so much that they went top of my list of hated clubs

Riverside

For Fulham message boards losing QPR is almost as bad as losing Senderos .

However as we see when Senderos is not playing a new scapegoat can be found - Richardson comes to mind.

I am sure we can find a new most hated club .

Stoke if they stay up .
Some already don't like Cardiff - though I don't know why !
There is always East London - ie West Ham
and why forget Chelsea .

Any other candidates ?
Once I have a short list I might set up a poll ...

grandad

Redknapp has today said that "if" they get relegated it would be difficult to move on the big wage earners. The Pompey chimes ring out again.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Buffalo76

Quote from: grandad on April 15, 2013, 05:01:45 PM
Redknapp has today said that "if" they get relegated it would be difficult to move on the big wage earners. The Pompey chimes ring out again.

Loud and clearly hopefully.

Buffalo76

Lets hope they all honour their contracts, given in good faith by the very clever chairman, and bleed the club dry... 064.gif

HatterDon

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on April 15, 2013, 10:56:42 AM
So much for 'ambition'.

Mugs

At one point I wanted to be a best selling novelist, a major league baseball player, a movie star, and a millionaire rock singer. Just because I didn't achieve those goals doesn't mean I wasn't ambitious.

I'd say that based on the money they splashed out in the summer and in January, they were VERY ambitious. WISE, on the other hand, they were not.

And while we're all feeling so thrilled that they were so full of themselves, remember which West London side was, according to its chairman, going to be the Manchester United of the South.

Not defending the team or their fans, but I find all the celebrating over the relegation and possible financial extinction of a long-time football league club somewhat distasteful.

Weren't we supposed to be the "class" side? Non stop :dead horse: doesn't equal class. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

grandad

This is why I want Stoke to go down.
Stoke City's Barclays Premier League clash against Manchester United on Sunday was marred by some home fans appearing to taunt the visitors over the 1958 Munich Air Disaster.

Early in the match Sky Sports cameras focusing on Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones made visible several supporters appearing to stand up and spread their arms in the direction of United followers.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RoyTund

14th consecutive season finishing above QPR, 15th not far off being confirmed...

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Riverside on April 15, 2013, 03:21:26 PM

However as we see when Senderos is not playing a new scapegoat can be found - Richardson comes to mind.

Stoke if they stay up .
and why forget Chelsea .

Any other candidates ?
Put me down for Cardiff, already. Fans are a bunch of thugs and they invaded the hallowed turf at the Cottage in about 1993 (which is probably why others dislike them already as well).
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Artful Dodger on April 15, 2013, 09:28:14 PM
Quote from: Riverside on April 15, 2013, 03:21:26 PM

Stoke if they stay up .
and why forget Chelsea .

Any other candidates ?
Put me down for Cardiff, already. Fans are a bunch of thugs and they invaded the hallowed turf at the Cottage in about 1993 (which is probably why others dislike them already as well).

I thought they weren't liked because of the fact they're Welsh, which is also the reason nobody likes me