watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No more Berba-Petric

Started by CanadianCottager, April 17, 2013, 10:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianCottager

Well, we asked for it and we got it. Didn't work earlier in the season and sure didn't work today. Berba is a decent number 10 but he's a much better number 9 and Petric was clueless today. Ruiz-Berba should always be our strike force provided both are fit and if not Berba-Rodallega or Ruiz-Petric, but that was pretty awful to watch.

EJL

Is he really a 'much better' number nine? As wonderful a player Berbatov can be, I don't think he'll ever click at Fulham.

sipwell

Quote from: EJL on April 17, 2013, 10:57:47 PM
Is he really a 'much better' number nine? As wonderful a player Berbatov can be, I don't think he'll ever click at Fulham.

Oh?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MJG

Berbatov has to play up top and stay there.
Petric as I have said over the last few days is slow and one paced, and tonight was toilet.
Jol only has eyes for 2 players up front. One up top one behind.
Berbatov will be one and the question is who is the other. Clearly If he plays anyone else apart from Ruiz then Ruiz has to be sub because he is ineffective when playing wide. But Ruiz is undroppable by Jol so he has to stay up top.
Let Petric go in the summer, keep dave and have a youngster as 4th choice.

JackyFulham90

I agree, I called for Petric to start, how wrong I was he was awful

EJL

Quote from: sipwell on April 17, 2013, 11:05:47 PM

Oh?
086.gif

Craven Mad

Quote from: EJL on April 17, 2013, 11:20:00 PM
Quote from: sipwell on April 17, 2013, 11:05:47 PM

Oh?
086.gif

Berba is 1 goal away from being our 10th most prolific Premier League player, and the only one in the top 20 to reach their tally in just 1 season; for me, Berba has most definitely clicked. I do question whether a striker infront of Berba is the solution. Instead, I'd opt for Berba up top, Ruiz in a free-role behind, and 2 pacy wingers pushing up the flanks - ideally Dejagah and Urby.

Pertic/Rodders will never be starters, for me..

Lighthouse

So let me get this straight. We need another forward to play alongside Berbatov? So we need another forward. So all those who said we were fine with Petric and Rodders as our only alternatives were incorrect.

Just as some us were saying since DAY ONE.

Good grief.

Mind you I would pick Rodders ahead of Petric every time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JackyFulham90

I still can't believe how poor Petric was

ToodlesMcToot

Agreed that Petric was poor, but in his defense he hasn't played that much this season and its taken the rest of the team almost 2/3 of a season to figure out how to play with Berba.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 17, 2013, 11:19:17 PM
I agree, I called for Petric to start, how wrong I was he was awful

don't feel like the Lone Ranger.  fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Riverside

I didn't like the body language between Petric and Berba.
For me it looks as though they simply don't like each other and do not want to play together .

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Petric is worse than Berbatov, this is obvious. So when he plays up front with Berbatov, Dimitar has to come into the hole and Bryan Ruiz has to go onto the wing, he pushed two players into position where they couldn't perform at their best and didn't take his chance.

For me, Mladen provides very little and is a Darren Bent without the pace, at least with Berbatov he can hold the ball up and link play. I must also admit than Bryan HAS to add more goals to his game.

We must also remember that our team isn't exactly planned yet. It was full of short term fixes and players who's contract will expire or simply won't be here. I worked out that our starting XI cost £16 where as David Luiz cost £21m, Torres cost £50m and Juan Mata cost £23. That's excluding Hazard, Moses, Ivanovic, Cech, Lampard and Ramires. I know this means nothing but it will bring the realism of the actual distance between the team.

Back to the point; please Mr Jol, if you're reading, can we go to a 433 please?

---------------Schwarzer
Riether Senderos Hangeland Richardson
------------------Enoh
----------Ruiz---------Sidwell----------
Frei-----------Berbatov----------Duff (if not fit, Emanuelson)

MJG

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on April 18, 2013, 07:59:20 AM
Petric is worse than Berbatov, this is obvious. So when he plays up front with Berbatov, Dimitar has to come into the hole and Bryan Ruiz has to go onto the wing, he pushed two players into position where they couldn't perform at their best and didn't take his chance.
son)
Why does Ruiz have to go wide?

MJG

---------------Schwarzer
------------------Enoh
So wait you want Ruiz to be one of 3 central midfielders? The man can't tackle, absolute suicide to have in that position in that formation.
Ruiz in the premiership can only play behind the striker or as one of a proper forward two. Anywhere else is a waste really. Yes he has nice touches but he is so slow when the ball comes to him, especially in his own half.
The whole game yesterday I saw him run at people twice, 1 in each half. His instinct is to stop, look around and by then players are on top of him. The lge is too quick for him, much more suited to other European leagues.
I would not be devastated if he left to be honest, bags of skill but just up to it.

Humbled

:54: 0001.jpeg
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 18, 2013, 12:03:16 AM
So let me get this straight. We need another forward to play alongside Berbatov? So we need another forward. So all those who said we were fine with Petric and Rodders as our only alternatives were incorrect.

Just as some us were saying since DAY ONE.

Good grief.

Mind you I would pick Rodders ahead of Petric every time.

:54: 0001.jpeg

Humbled

---------------Schwarzer
------------------Enoh
So wait you want Ruiz to be one of 3 central midfielders? The man can't tackle, absolute suicide to have in that position in that formation.
Ruiz in the premiership can only play behind the striker or as one of a proper forward two. Anywhere else is a waste really. Yes he has nice touches but he is so slow when the ball comes to him, especially in his own half.
The whole game yesterday I saw him run at people twice, 1 in each half. His instinct is to stop, look around and by then players are on top of him. The lge is too quick for him, much more suited to other European leagues.
I would not be devastated if he left to be honest, bags of skill but just up to it.

[/quote]
another instinct of his is to do a pirouette on the spot when he gets the ball, he either loses it or goes nowhere.....
him and Scott Parker do it ALL the time!! only diff is Ruiz does it WITH the ball Parker does it over/around the ball

Northern Cottager

I remember seeing Petric start at Blackpool and was slightly excited to see him play from the off... he was awful, no touch, no pace. Nothing.

Seemed miles off what I'd hoped for based on Pre-Season and the opening few games.

Zu-Meister

ruiz has to play against arsenal, but after that he should not start, just not suited to the premier league at all. drops too deep too. cant have both him and berba dropping deep, otherwise we have......no strikers.

Humbled

Quote from: Zu-Meister on April 18, 2013, 10:39:32 AM
ruiz has to play against arsenal, but after that he should not start, just not suited to the premier league at all. drops too deep too. cant have both him and berba dropping deep, otherwise we have......no strikers.

:54: some been saying this for months