watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too many show ponies ?

Started by In the Enclosure, April 17, 2013, 10:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Enclosure

Don't think we can afford Ruiz, Emmanuelson and Petric  in the same team.
They are none of them strong in the tackle or closing people down.
Chelsea worked their socks off to close us down all night.

Enoh looked good but we missed Sidders and Duff badly.

Having said that Sendoros appeared to lose Terry twice for him to score
Just like the bad old days

We need some strengthening in the Summer but please secure Schwartzer and Riethe soon !

SaltfordWhite

I get that it isn't my place to ask, but I'm going to anyway.

Is there any chance that there can be a sub forum called post match ballocks?

At least that way, we could be objective about the game after a loss rather than all of this type of reactionary scrotum fluid?

CanadianCottager

Emmanuelson-Ruiz-Berba was brilliant at times, Petric was the weak link out there today, this just wasn't his kind of game. I like him coming off the bench or against sides where we're having plenty of possession but against a team like Chelsea he just wasn't in it today. We missed Duff badly for sure, and to be fair to Senderos it was Riether who fell asleep on Terry's first goal.

premFlem

I hate to say it but we were outclassed tonight by the reigning euro champions... deep breath count to ten.....
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

In the Enclosure

Not reactionary -straight tactics  I agree that If you don't set the team up properly to defend against the European champions
you are going to get taken apart. That includes challenging David Luiz in midfield not turning your back on him
Saltford White are you honestly saying that these guys defended and pressed the ball well tonight ?
Because I think we were lucky that Chelsea didn't score more.

Hopefully against Arsenal Jol will pick a team to contain rather than try to go toe to toe
for skill levels.

jarv

A bad day at the office, early in the 2nd half I was fearing a cricket score. Not the first time (or last) 3 goals conceded this season.  Oh well, christ, it was Chelscum. Why them? :doh:

sipwell

Fulham were playing attractive football... and then Luiz scored out of nowhere. They did not react as they should have, as a team... It looked like an 'oh well' response to me.

Can't say I agree with your assessment of E,R and B. On a good day, it could be very attractive and difficult for the opposition. Petric had an off-day, Ruiz should have scored in the beginning and should have had a penalty.

Chelsea was better overall and they have something to play for.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ffctom_b

it was a performance of a team who have nothing to play for! Chelsea needed the win more, but until Luiz scores a blinder, this game would have had nil nil all over it
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

EJL

Quote from: sipwell on April 17, 2013, 11:04:54 PM
Fulham were playing attractive football... and then Luiz scored out of nowhere. They did not react as they should have, as a team... It looked like an 'oh well' response to me.

Can't say I agree with your assessment of E,R and B. On a good day, it could be very attractive and difficult for the opposition. Petric had an off-day, Ruiz should have scored in the beginning and should have had a penalty.

So the yellow card for a dive was wrong? I haven't seen it back, but his fall looked a bit delayed.

ffctom_b

Quote from: EJL on April 17, 2013, 11:22:14 PM
Quote from: sipwell on April 17, 2013, 11:04:54 PM

So the yellow card for a dive was wrong? I haven't seen it back, but his fall looked a bit delayed.

i thought he got caught by terry
twitter @tombrowning1977

Craven Mad

I don't know if anyone else watched the stream with Ian Wright commentating - appallingly - he stated that we have 'too many flickers' and 'someone should took a direction and go it'... In summary, I think he would agree with the OP..

ffctom_b

Quote from: Craven Mad on April 17, 2013, 11:31:31 PM
I don't know if anyone else watched the stream with Ian Wright commentating - appallingly - he stated that we have 'too many flickers' and 'someone should took a direction and go it'... In summary, I think he would agree with the OP..
dont get me started on Ian Wirght cocommentator, aka chelse fan aka, lampard is his best mate!!
twitter @tombrowning1977

DevonFFC

Quote from: In the Enclosure on April 17, 2013, 10:33:11 PM
Not reactionary -straight tactics  I agree that If you don't set the team up properly to defend against the European champions
you are going to get taken apart. That includes challenging David Luiz in midfield not turning your back on him
Saltford White are you honestly saying that these guys defended and pressed the ball well tonight ?
Because I think we were lucky that Chelsea didn't score more.

Hopefully against Arsenal Jol will pick a team to contain rather than try to go toe to toe
for skill levels.

By contain you mean set out for the draw?

People moan when we set out looking for a draw and then moan when jol does what all fans want and picks an attacking team.

Jol picks the team but once on the pitch its up to the professionals to so the job in hand, each one of the players out there is easily capable as that's why play in the sacred white jersey wheel in week out. Some players tonight didn't play well and I bet my bottom dollar, or pound that jol will recognise this and bring it up tomorrow in training.

St Eve

It is always easy to second guess and criticize and we all think that we are better than Jol. I like  Petric but he was really poor tonight. This game cried out for 2 spacey wingers. We have 3 - 1 is injured, 1 was on the bench for 85 minutes and 1 is in Burnley