Author Topic: Fulham v Arsenal match thread  (Read 33895 times)

God The Mechanic

Re: Fulham v Arsenal match thread
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »
Schwarzer's distribution again hasn't been great, really needs to be in this game now.

Offline BillNRoc

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2013, 03:55:14 PM »
What a shame. A good lineup, good attitude, undone by a rash tackle by a player with a target on his back. Manolev doing a good imitation of Riether, but Berba...c'mon, man, suck it up, you don't make every play either.

As for Ruiz, can't defend, can't score, why did we pay so much for him?

Offline Baider

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2013, 03:55:46 PM »
Doubt we will see Sidwell again this season

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »
Played well until the set piece. But I would take Berbatov off and put on Rodders just to give him a run and stretch Arsenal if we can.

Not sure if the Enoh foul was a foul that lead to the goal. But all in all a spirited reaction for Fulham.

Madness. When you have 10 men you have to keep the ball, who is better at keeping the ball in our squad than Berba? Rodders will give the ball away at every opportunity with his donkey touch.

064.gif Berbatov keep the ball? Is this meant to be ironic? EVERYTHING he has done today is not keep the ball and moan. He runs into offsides positions giving us no option but to look for another pass. He is no good with ten men. This love affair with him is fine but he needs a rest as we are going to lose and give some other players a chance to break with pace.

Offline fulhamking

• Paul Parish
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2013, 04:03:28 PM »
Played well until the set piece. But I would take Berbatov off and put on Rodders just to give him a run and stretch Arsenal if we can.

Not sure if the Enoh foul was a foul that lead to the goal. But all in all a spirited reaction for Fulham.

Madness. When you have 10 men you have to keep the ball, who is better at keeping the ball in our squad than Berba? Rodders will give the ball away at every opportunity with his donkey touch.

064.gif Berbatov keep the ball? Is this meant to be ironic? EVERYTHING he has done today is not keep the ball and moan. He runs into offsides positions giving us no option but to look for another pass. He is no good with ten men. This love affair with him is fine but he needs a rest as we are going to lose and give some other players a chance to break with pace.
Light, what is your point exactly? to rest the best player Fulham has? And replace him with whom, Baird(inho). People here amuse me sometimes. Many are calling Sidwell great middfielder, which is an insult to the place called middfield. He is bellow average who costed Fulham points this season. I am not saying that he had some good moments, but he is poor.

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2013, 04:05:30 PM »
We are going to lose today. So my point is rest Berbatov and allow Rodders to come on as he has no game time and needs it.

Offline T.G.

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »
We are NOT going to lose today. Hugo is like a headless chicken, running back and forth - going to give us nothing. Petric's been shocking vs Chelsea.. So keep Berba to keep our chances alive.

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »
Good things today is that Urby, despite his dive just now and Kaka have looked good.

Offline fulhamking

• Paul Parish
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2013, 04:17:37 PM »
E>N>O>H :)

Offline grandad

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »
Arteta should have had a 2nd yellow. Oh , I forgot we are playing one of the top 4 teams.

Offline Baider

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
Looks like we've given up now

Offline grandad

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
Looks like we've given up now
No we havn´t. It´s all Fulham now. We are giving it a real go. Credit to the lads.

Offline T.G.

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »
Manolev is absolutely amazing. We are giving it all we deserve point why not 3

Offline grandad

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »
Whatever the result our makeshift side can hold their heads up high. They don´t deserve to lose.

Offline FFC_17

• Youth Academy
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2013, 04:49:55 PM »
Ever so proud of the boys. Great performance. If Sidwell would've stayed on, we'd won 3-0. COYW.

God The Mechanic

« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »
That was played tactically very well imo.  Yes Arsenal had a truckload of possession but never looked dangerous with it.  The 15 or so minutes towards the end of the game could have resulted in a deserved equaliser.

Just a shame about the set piece at the end of the first half.

Offline Mitrovic the warrior

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »
You know what I'm not too unhappy with that performance. Played some of the best football of the season at times.

Everyone had a good game but plaudits have to go to Urby and both full backs. Manolev looks far better at right back and certainly looks good cover, whilst Richardson looks more and more likely to make it as our left back. As for Urby, one can only hope somehow we'll get him next season but if not it was a joy to see him play today.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:05:34 PM by The Moose »

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2013, 04:57:31 PM »
Yeah lots of good points. Very spirited. I still don't get the point of bringing Petric on and taking pace off in Kaka. But then Berbatov off side every time did nothing for me in the second half.

Still as Wigan lost we don't slip closer to the bottom three.

Yes that is what I am concerned about in the poorest of seasons.

Offline Mitrovic the warrior

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2013, 04:58:27 PM »

And this hatred of him is irrational.

Offline CanadianCottager

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »
Frustrating. Brilliant performance considering, one brief slip in concentration and it cost us. Credit to the midfield in particular who put in a magnificent shift and really took the game to Arsenal. Only gripe is that Berba should have come off today.