watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Arsenal match thread

Started by The King, April 20, 2013, 02:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Schwarzer's distribution again hasn't been great, really needs to be in this game now.

BillNRoc

What a shame. A good lineup, good attitude, undone by a rash tackle by a player with a target on his back. Manolev doing a good imitation of Riether, but Berba...c'mon, man, suck it up, you don't make every play either.

As for Ruiz, can't defend, can't score, why did we pay so much for him?

Baider

Doubt we will see Sidwell again this season

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Moose on April 20, 2013, 03:52:11 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 20, 2013, 03:50:55 PM
Played well until the set piece. But I would take Berbatov off and put on Rodders just to give him a run and stretch Arsenal if we can.

Not sure if the Enoh foul was a foul that lead to the goal. But all in all a spirited reaction for Fulham.

Madness. When you have 10 men you have to keep the ball, who is better at keeping the ball in our squad than Berba? Rodders will give the ball away at every opportunity with his donkey touch.

064.gif Berbatov keep the ball? Is this meant to be ironic? EVERYTHING he has done today is not keep the ball and moan. He runs into offsides positions giving us no option but to look for another pass. He is no good with ten men. This love affair with him is fine but he needs a rest as we are going to lose and give some other players a chance to break with pace.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamking

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 20, 2013, 03:58:01 PM
Played well until the set piece. But I would take Berbatov off and put on Rodders just to give him a run and stretch Arsenal if we can.

Not sure if the Enoh foul was a foul that lead to the goal. But all in all a spirited reaction for Fulham.

Madness. When you have 10 men you have to keep the ball, who is better at keeping the ball in our squad than Berba? Rodders will give the ball away at every opportunity with his donkey touch.

064.gif Berbatov keep the ball? Is this meant to be ironic? EVERYTHING he has done today is not keep the ball and moan. He runs into offsides positions giving us no option but to look for another pass. He is no good with ten men. This love affair with him is fine but he needs a rest as we are going to lose and give some other players a chance to break with pace.
Light, what is your point exactly? to rest the best player Fulham has? And replace him with whom, Baird(inho). People here amuse me sometimes. Many are calling Sidwell great middfielder, which is an insult to the place called middfield. He is bellow average who costed Fulham points this season. I am not saying that he had some good moments, but he is poor.

Lighthouse

We are going to lose today. So my point is rest Berbatov and allow Rodders to come on as he has no game time and needs it.

T.G.

We are NOT going to lose today. Hugo is like a headless chicken, running back and forth - going to give us nothing. Petric's been shocking vs Chelsea.. So keep Berba to keep our chances alive.

Lighthouse

Good things today is that Urby, despite his dive just now and Kaka have looked good.

fulhamking

grandad

Arteta should have had a 2nd yellow. Oh , I forgot we are playing one of the top 4 teams.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Baider

grandad

Quote from: Baider on April 20, 2013, 04:27:53 PM
Looks like we've given up now
No we havn´t. It´s all Fulham now. We are giving it a real go. Credit to the lads.

T.G.

Manolev is absolutely amazing. We are giving it all we deserve point why not 3

grandad

Whatever the result our makeshift side can hold their heads up high. They don´t deserve to lose.

FFC_17

Ever so proud of the boys. Great performance. If Sidwell would've stayed on, we'd won 3-0. COYW.

God The Mechanic

That was played tactically very well imo.  Yes Arsenal had a truckload of possession but never looked dangerous with it.  The 15 or so minutes towards the end of the game could have resulted in a deserved equaliser.

Just a shame about the set piece at the end of the first half.

Bassey the warrior

You know what I'm not too unhappy with that performance. Played some of the best football of the season at times.

Everyone had a good game but plaudits have to go to Urby and both full backs. Manolev looks far better at right back and certainly looks good cover, whilst Richardson looks more and more likely to make it as our left back. As for Urby, one can only hope somehow we'll get him next season but if not it was a joy to see him play today.

Lighthouse

Yeah lots of good points. Very spirited. I still don't get the point of bringing Petric on and taking pace off in Kaka. But then Berbatov off side every time did nothing for me in the second half.

Still as Wigan lost we don't slip closer to the bottom three.

Yes that is what I am concerned about in the poorest of seasons.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 20, 2013, 03:58:01 PM

And this hatred of him is irrational.

CanadianCottager

Frustrating. Brilliant performance considering, one brief slip in concentration and it cost us. Credit to the midfield in particular who put in a magnificent shift and really took the game to Arsenal. Only gripe is that Berba should have come off today.