watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Move On Players

Started by M i c K Y x FFC, April 21, 2013, 08:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M i c K Y x FFC

I know this might cause a stir, and Berbatov has been good for us, but the Arsenal game showed how lazy and ineffective he can be. He is not the right sort of player for a small team like us. He is not playing for Man Utd any more, and he needs to work harder. I think you need at least 1 pacey striker, to play off another, and I would rather have Ruiz than Berbatov. We shouldn't use Rodallega, he is useless, so investment in another pacey striker, who can put the ball in the back of the net, I think is needed.

Other players to move on are Stockdale, Somogyi, Hughes, possibly Riise, Briggs, Davies, Baird, Diarra, Petric & possibly Berbatov.

I think Jol knows it will be a busy summer, and I am pleased to hear the rumors about Amorebieta signing for us. Its a start or a long journey of a rebuild of the team. And no matter what people say, our team is too old, and it needs to be changed.

JackyFulham90

This is crazy where would we be without Berbatovs 13 league goals? His attitude can be poor sometimes but he makes such a difference to us, he will rightfully be here as Jols main striker next season, calls for him to be sold are ridiculous

JackyFulham90

Although I agree on most of the clear out for me

Schwarzer , Riise , Davies , Baird , Diarra , Karagounis, Petric should be let go this summer

Jambo

Get rid of Berbatov  fp.gif fp.gif
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

JackyFulham90

Our priority should be keeping hold of Enoh & Riether & Manolev

epsomraver

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 21, 2013, 08:55:15 AM
This is crazy where would we be without Berbatovs 13 league goals? His attitude can be poor sometimes but he makes such a difference to us, he will rightfully be here as Jols main striker next season, calls for him to be sold are ridiculous

How many sitters has he missed, he missed a great chance yesterday and has beaten Collins John's record of 6 offsides, very poor for a player of his experience, he is lazy and we are a better team with out him, Kara would have gone for goal twice yesterday had it not been for Berbatov cajoling him to pass.

Danitar

:plus one:
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 21, 2013, 09:09:31 AM
Our priority should be keeping hold of Enoh & Riether & Manolev

ffc73

Quote from: Jambo on April 21, 2013, 08:59:40 AM

Yes he has been good for us for a season but he has missed chances that have cost us points as well as scoring goals that have earnt them. 

If we replace him with a player that more effective for the team then why not?

However he will mostly likely be with us next season as Jol is unlikely to want to replace him.

LondonFulhamWhite

Quote from: FFC73 on April 21, 2013, 09:21:35 AM

Yes he has been good for us for a season but he has missed chances that have cost us points as well as scoring goals that have earnt them. 

However he will mostly likely be with us next season as Jol is unlikely to want to replace him.

Really? He's scored 13 this season, and without Berbatov, we would be sitting pretty in 18th place. Get real people.

Berserker

A Villa supporter I overheard in a pub in Birmingham said that while Berbie was very talented, he wouldn't be much good if your team was in a relegation fight. Not sure what they meant by that, probably that he is a bit of a luxury, lazy.  I think he is also useful to the club in a similar way to how Real Madrid and PSG used Beckham, to sell merchandise, certainly most things that come out of the club lately has his photo on as a dominate feature.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peabody

It's a good job you lot are not running the team then

M i c K Y x FFC

Take his age, fitness and attitude into consideration, he will have more and more poor games as he gets older. He will get frustrated with himself, and the rest of the team. He may of scored 13 goals, but Dempsey scored 17, 23 in all competitions last season, and got more assists, from midfield. He was more effective than Berbatov. I would rather have a pacey striker with Ruiz upfront next year.

ron

His play is a delight to watch, and improves the match day experience for me.

Surely the way to get the best out of him is to find an out and out striker on the same wavelength and with the speed to turn Berbatov's reading of a game into goals on a regular basis.

It has got to be wrong just to dismiss skill like his by saying "He's lazy, just get rid".

A certain Johnny Haynes was known to put hands on hips in frustration (refer to statue). Without him, where would we have gone?  

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: LondonFulhamWhite on April 21, 2013, 09:34:13 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on April 21, 2013, 09:21:35 AM

Really? He's scored 13 this season, and without Berbatov, we would be sitting pretty in 18th place. Get real people.

Dempsey last year, 23 goals. 9th place. Berbatov this year, 13 goals, 11th place. We could get someone much better and younger, example being Bony.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: ron on April 21, 2013, 09:47:00 AM

Surely the way to get the best out of him is to find an out and out striker on the same wavelength and with the speed to turn Berbatov's reading of a game into goals on a regular basis.

It has got to be wrong just to dismiss skill like his by saying "He's lazy, just get rid".

A certain Johnny Haynes was known to put hands on hips in frustration (refer to statue). Without him, where would we have gone?   

For the future, I would rather have Ruiz. Berbatov will have 1 more year, Ruiz could have 4.

MJG

Berbatov is not the issue, Ruiz is the problem. Jol's 10m player is just not delivering enough goals or assists. Now someone will throw me a figure of 5/6 assists this season. Can you tell me how many since the turn of the year?
The team and players get shifted around to fit him in the team. Why is he the one player after Riise you hear most people groan about when he losses the ball.
He's skillful but for the premiership just too slow in play and mind. Always wants to turn around with the ball without realizing he's turning into trouble.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

The old musing used to be that a good striker was one who regularly got themselves into goal scoring positions
How many they converted was another matter but a decent ratio is expected (& rarely achieved)
First & foremost though was to get into the scoring position which will involve going offside from time to time
Most decent strikers tend to be "greedy" & self focused,often @ the expense of the rest of the team
It is of note that Fergie defended van Persie's recent goal drought,accepting & recognising most decent scoring forwards dry up @ some stage
You can speculate until the cows come home what others might have done but the fact remains his 13 goals (with maybe one or two more?) have (hopefully) kept us in the premiership for another season
I'm sure MJ has a long,long list of forwards he plans to sign who can score 15/20 goals next season

M i c K Y x FFC

If we sold Ruiz, I would be happy to keep Berbatov. I'm concerned with he lack of pace upfront, and this is my reason to sell Berbatov. Ruiz may vastly improve, and compared to last season, he has. It's up to Jol to make the right decision.

ffc73

Quote from: ron on April 21, 2013, 09:47:00 AM

I am too young to have seen Fulham with Haynes so I cannot comment Ron.

Several non-FFC friends that have seen us play this season have questioned both Berbatov and Ruiz in the same starting 11.  That is the dilemma.  How do you get the best out of both of them when they both seem to require a speedier foil to their own skills but you are unable to accommodate one because of the inclusion of both of them?

ron

Agree with that about Ruiz. I also think he is in above his skill level, and the constant getting dispossessed because of slow play will eventually be his undoing, and he'll be the one to move on.