watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trotta misses last minute penalty to promote Brentford

Started by PaulJ123, April 27, 2013, 05:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

Unbelievable scenes! Smacks the crossbar and Doncaster go and score on the counter!

BobbyTheBrain

He will forever be a Fulham legend from now on... now give him a 4 year deal.
It's not fair to flair.

SP

Sparky & Trotta, Mo's special agents, have done a fine job this season.

TheDon

Cravenawin

What a finish. If Trotta scores, Brentford are up, Doncaster in playoffs with Bournemouth champions. Trotta misses, Doncaster break and score.They are now champions with Brentford and Bournemouth in playoffs. Has there ever been a crazier last 30 seconds to a season?

McBridefan1

Welcome back trotta? ... you know from welcome back Kotter? Get it? no no one? never mind.

Meerkat

No one in the right mind would let a Fulham player take a penalty in that situation  064.gif

Senior Supporter

Quote from: Cravenawin on April 27, 2013, 05:11:14 PM
What a finish. If Trotta scores, Brentford are up, Doncaster in playoffs with Bournemouth champions. Trotta misses, Doncaster break and score.They are now champions with Brentford and Bournemouth in playoffs. Has there ever been a crazier last 30 seconds to a season?

Bournemouth are not in the playoffs, they are promoted in second place. In fact they were assured of promotion before today's games, it was just a question of whether as champions.

McBridefan1

Quote from: Senior Supporter on April 27, 2013, 05:25:01 PM

Bournemouth are not in the playoffs, they are promoted in second place. In fact they were assured of promotion before today's games, it was just a question of whether as champions.

Doh!  :doh:

DiegoFulham

Worst thing about that is watching Soccer Saturday Jeff Stelling just said that someone at the start of the season put a bet that Man United would win the premier League, Cardiff would win the championship, Gillingham would win league 2 and Mansfield to win the conference but he also predicted that Bournemouth would win league 1... if Bournemouth had of won league 1 he would have had 100k... well that was until Donny scored last minute. Gutting   
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

McBridefan1

Quote from: DiegoFulham on April 27, 2013, 05:34:03 PM
Worst thing about that is watching Soccer Saturday Jeff Stelling just said that someone at the start of the season put a bet that Man United would win the premier League, Cardiff would win the championship, Gillingham would win league 2 and Mansfield to win the conference but he also predicted that Bournemouth would win league 1... if Bournemouth had of won league 1 he would have had 100k... well that was until Donny scored last minute. Gutting   

love me that would suck hard... poor p****.

Rupert

Quote from: Meerkat on April 27, 2013, 05:20:58 PM
No one in the right mind would let a Fulham player take a penalty in that situation  064.gif

Well, Brentford qualify there, don't they? I went to school with a lot of the Griffin Park faithful, and none of them were ever right in the head.

True story, way back in 1982 I went to the Lincoln game with my Dad and a cousin. I would have been 18 at the time, just about to do my A levels, my cousin is a couple of years older and built like the proverbial brick outhouse. As we were walking along Fulham Palace Road, I was a couple of yards ahead, blissfully unaware of two Lincoln fans right behind me who were, apparently, discussing the merits of jumping me, since I seemed to be alone. After a few belligerent comments, cousin Ken politely tapped one on the shoulder and told him they both had a life expectancy of a few seconds if they so much as ruffled my hair.
At the same time, I spotted one of my Brentford schoolmates across the road, and rather surprised that he was there, cheerfully called out hello. He saw me, waved awkwardly and scuttled off. I thought no more of the incident that night.

It turns out that friend William was there to cheer on Lincoln, since he did not want us to get promoted out of Brentford's division. It also happened that he bumped into the two wannabe Lincoln thugs inside the ground, who immediately recognised him as my mate as he, being Afro-Caribbean, was unfortunately rather a rare sight at grounds in those "good old days". He had the cheek to have a moan at me at school the next day for nearly getting him beaten up.
Kismet, I called it.
In a way, good old Marcello has merely finished off that bit of unfinished business, as I know William would have been there today. I saw him on telly a few years ago when Brentford fans were being interviewed about something (like why they all have six fingers or one eyebrow) and he popped up, bald but otherwise largely unchanged, still loyal to his team. Good on him, and good on Trotta.

Vindictive? Me?  :021:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Cravenawin

The pikeys from the Bush must be devastated at seeing their "real" rivals blow the chance of automatic promotion to the Championship. They must have been in dreamland when Trotta stepped up. What a shame their big day out next season could be ruined by a Fulham player. I know they may still go up via the playoffs, but you couldn't make this sort of thing up.

Cravenawin

Quote from: Senior Supporter on April 27, 2013, 05:25:01 PM

I stand corrected.

Ordar

I genuinely feel sorry for Brentford. Extremely unlucky.

Could be harrowing for Trotta aswell, missing such a crucial penalty

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Ordar on April 27, 2013, 06:13:20 PM

Well, look at it this way. He has (a possible) three games to put that right
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

DiegoFulham

there could be a silver lining for Brentford and Trotta they in my eyes would have to be the favorites for the play-offs this season, with Brentford have experience of promotion(Bradley Wright-Philips) and good young talent (Trotta) they should be feared. Swindon would be arguably the easiest team to beat in the playoffs at the moment + with Sheffield United's past experiences in playoff finals they will be worrying also, Yeovil will be outsiders for the playoff's they've done a great job this season under fellow Fulham supporter Gary Johnson but could you see them going up? I personally can't!! Brentford if the Final is at Wembley will have the home advantage of London (if the playoffs are being played at Wembley unlike the last time the champions league final was at wembley) so who knows maybe the Chavs down at the white city may get their massive derby after all!!   
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

St Eve

mangoputney

Quote from: Ordar on April 27, 2013, 06:13:20 PM

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation