watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Benteke?

Started by DevonFFC, April 29, 2013, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

If villa go down would they take 15m for benteke?

alexbishop

would we pay 15m for Benteke?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

JackyFulham90

Benteke is never going to come to Fulham, he will go to a top 4 side, Jol had the chance this summer but he went for Berbatov

Buffalo76

He looks a beast  :026:

DukeTyrion

I think Lowton stands out as a star of the future in the Villa team too.

westcliff white

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 29, 2013, 09:57:51 PM
Benteke is never going to come to Fulham, he will go to a top 4 side, Jol had the chance this summer but he went for Berbatov
This isn't strictly true, benteke was sold for close on 7 million and we offered 5 million. We then signed berba after this once he made it clear he would prefer tasty in the uk
Every day is a Fulham day

DevonFFC

I think top four is a little bit high for him just yet, by his reaction and passion for villa I don't think he is after the money.

M i c K Y x FFC

Money is not a concept, he is a great player, and he has a brilliant future ahead of him.

Jambo

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on April 29, 2013, 10:38:50 PM
Money is not a concept, he is a great player, and he has a brilliant future ahead of him.

Unfortunately it is a concept for a club like Fulham
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Jambo on April 29, 2013, 10:45:25 PM
Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on April 29, 2013, 10:38:50 PM

Unfortunately it is a concept for a club like Fulham

Mean't issue, and anyway, we rarely go over £5m.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

IMO Villa won't go down and next season they will be on fire, great potential there. 

Bassey the warrior

I'm not that disappointed he didn't come. Had quite enough of us developing players only for them to get sold on after a year or two. Given his age can't see many big clubs coming in for Berba. he can play for another couple of seasons.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: KCat on April 29, 2013, 11:00:09 PM
IMO Villa won't go down and next season they will be on fire, great potential there. 

Benteke will go and Weimann too I think. They'll have a lot of money to spend though, that's if the chairmen allows the money to be spent.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: The Moose on April 29, 2013, 11:01:09 PM

Benteke will go and Weimann too I think. They'll have a lot of money to spend though, that's if the chairmen allows the money to be spent.

I do not think so,  they can afford to keep their players, they have a TEAM  and they will keep it in tact for next season   

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: KCat on April 29, 2013, 11:04:21 PM

I do not think so,  they can afford to keep their players, they have a TEAM  and they will keep it in tact for next season   

Maybe they can, but if the players want to go they'll go.

filham

Quote from: The Moose on April 29, 2013, 11:46:57 PM
Quote from: KCat on April 29, 2013, 11:04:21 PM

Maybe they can, but if the players want to go they'll go.
Villa have produced and developed a good young team, if they now spend a little on signing a few players we could see them challanging for a top six place next season. They have the right size stadium and a good fan base to support a high premiership status. No chance of us getting hold of their leading goalscorer.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Nicely done Paul Lambert, lovely to see David getting one over on Goliath

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23383683

Christian Benteke: Aston Villa striker signs new deal

Comments (138)
Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke has withdrawn his transfer request and signed a new contract until 2017.
The Belgium international, who joined Villa from Genk for £7m last year, handed in the request in early July and was linked with Tottenham and Chelsea.
But after talks with manager Paul Lambert, the 22-year-old has decided his future remains at Villa Park.
"Having had time to re-evaluate his future Christian Benteke has decided to commit to the club," Lambert said.
Benteke did not travel on the club's pre-season tour to Germany, but Villa said he had already been given extra time off until 18 July before the transfer request was made.
Villa subsequently said they would "act" on offers that met their valuation for the powerful 6ft 3in striker.
However, following his return to training on Thursday the player held talks with Lambert and decided to commit himself to Villa.
Christian Benteke
Born: DR Congo, 3 December 1990

Clubs: Standard Liege 2009-2011

Kortrijk (loan) 2009-10

Mechelen (loan) 2010-11

Genk 2011-12

Aston Villa 2012-

"I had a full and frank discussion with Christian on his return to training this week regarding his future," Lambert said.
"It is my opinion that the best thing for Christian is to remain at Aston Villa. He enjoyed a terrific first season at the club and can use that as a platform to hopefully enjoy more success this season.
"It's a huge bonus and I'm sure the supporters are every bit as delighted as me to have him on board and raring to go."
Benteke's future has regularly been the subject of speculation having scored 23 goals in all competitions in his debut season in England.
Villa manager Lambert had even warned the player after comments attributed to him at the end of the season in which he claimed he would like to join Arsenal, the club he supported as a boy.
Benteke says he is now "happy" at Villa Park wants to repay the club's fans for the support they have shown him
"I spoke with the manager when I returned to training and we had a good talk," Benteke said.
"I am very happy to be back here in Birmingham and at Aston Villa, and to sign a new contract.
"This is a great club and it has given me a lot. Now I have to give back to my team-mates and the fans who have always been right behind me."
Benteke is the seventh player to agree a new contract following defenders Matthew Lowton, Ciaran Clark and Nathan Baker, midfielder Ashley Westwood, striker Andi Weimann and goalkeeper Brad Guzan in committing his future to the club

Ordar

I'm genuinely amazed he signed a new deal. Can't see why

westcliff white

A rumoured 70,000 reasons why per week
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

And it'll likely pay for itself in spades when the big teams come in hard for him after this season. Smart move on both parts.

Villa will be much tougher to play this season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude