News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how does it work with Villa v Chelsea?

Started by Alfayedslovechild, May 10, 2013, 08:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfayedslovechild

Are we safe if Chelsea beat Villa, or do we still have to play out for a draw with Liverpool? I've seen a lot of scenarios put about the forum, but which it the correct formula?  1500.gif

rusty shackleford

We are safe if Chelsea beat villa unless we get beat by like 11 or 12 goals over the last 2 games

SP

Quote from: rusty shackleford on May 10, 2013, 08:42:10 PM
We are safe if Chelsea beat villa unless we get beat by like 11 or 12 goals over the last 2 games

So we're not safe yet!

:005:

Jimpav

If Villa get beaten by Chelski then they will need to beat Wigan to finish above us. If they finish below us we are not going down.

If Villa beat Wigan then Wigan can only get a max of 38 points (providing they beat City).

Make sense?

HatterDon

This recording is now three weeks old.

We will not be relegated. We were safe at 39 points. No relegated team will have more than 38 points. We will not be relegated ...

... this season
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

If Chelsea beat Villa, then Villa remain on 40 points going in to their final match with Wigan.

If Wigan beat Arsenal this weekend, then they move to 38 points going in to the game against Villa.

In this scenario then, even if we lose our remaining games to Liverpool and Swansea, then looking at the Wigan v Villa match:

1.   A draw will mean Villa go above us, Wigan stay below us.
2.   A win for Wigan takes them above Villa and us, Villa stay below us though.
3.   A win for Villa takes them above us, and Wigan stay below.

So that is why if Chelsea beat Villa, we are safe, regardless of our results.

And my little scenario above assumes that Wigan wins at the Emirates. If they don't, then we are safe.

And we are of course safe if we beat Liverpool!

Holders

It's only a couple of weeks ago that I was writing about how we should be appreciative of the lack of excitement that comes with mid-table mediocrity!

It's a thin line, as Newcastle, Villa and others will testify....
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

This will stick in our throats but at 12-45pm today we need to say "come on you blues"

Burt

Quote from: filham on May 11, 2013, 10:20:29 AM
This will stick in our throats but at 12-45pm today we need to say "come on you blues"

Indeed...strange but true.

I think I would prefer going in to the game tomorrow knowing I could enjoy it regardless of the result... A Villa win or even draw would not be good for my nerves.

filham

Quote from: Burt on May 11, 2013, 10:22:19 AM
Quote from: filham on May 11, 2013, 10:20:29 AM

Indeed...strange but true.

I think I would prefer going in to the game tomorrow knowing I could enjoy it regardless of the result... A Villa win or even draw would not be good for my nerves.
That's true, I remember how tense The Great Escape was, tomorrow we could be facing a Mini Escape or The Great Drop. Best avoided by a Chelsea win

FOOlhamfighters

It's kinda depressing that we have got ourselves into this position. It's hugely unlikely now that we will go down, basically impossible, but we should easily be on 43-44 points by now, which would put us in our top 10 position we are always striving for.
What I'm trying to say is that we have managed to survive this dreadful run of form, keeping ourselves in the premier league, which has got to show some of the strength of the squad throughout the season, so there should be too much concern next season...

jarv

Fulhamish....villa lose today, wigan lose to arsenal and Fulham take 6 points from last two. What was all the fuss about? :Get Coat gif:

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham1959

Quote from: jarv on May 11, 2013, 12:34:57 PM
Fulhamish....villa lose today, wigan lose to arsenal and Fulham take 6 points from last two. What was all the fuss about? :Get Coat gif:

Fantasy-ish, especially as Villa have just taken the lead.