watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Board has a decision to make...

Started by alexbishop, May 12, 2013, 05:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

Either they invest in a whole new squad of players who can play Jol's system and don't need motivating OR we bin Jol and get someone else in who can motivate a squad of players and get them playing some half decent football.

I have stood by Jol through every 'Jol Out' campaign since he came to our club. Unfortunately I can no longer do so. I'm sorry :(
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

God The Mechanic

Either way, money has to be spent.  If it isn't then nothing will change, unless the kids are absolutely fantastic.

Lighthouse

I still can't believe people defend Jol after picking that team and bringing in those subs. Makes no sense to me. But then watching that football makes no sense.

Not sure I have been so depressed watching a Fulham side before they even take the field.

If we bought anybody I doubt Jol would know what to do with them.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alexbishop

Jol's starting 11 today omitted Rodellega who performed very very well when he came on last week. The starting 11 also featured Ruiz and Berba up top which has proven over recent times to be an ineffective combo. The team also stuck with Duff who has been out of form recently.

Jol's subs today involved putting a winger at left back (Urby) instead of a left back (Riise). He then took off our young pacey winger who was having a fairly respectable game and put Petric (a slow ineffective forward) on moving Ruiz out of position in the right and slow ineffective Duff onto the left. He then proceeded to take off a central mid when we were losing, finally put a left back on, and moved Urby out of position into the middle.

Does Jol smoke weed during games?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Putney

Let's do a QPR and sign a new manager and a whole load of new players to add to our relatively unfamiliar squad already.

Sounds foolproof.

Plodder

There is a positive aspect to our end of season meltdown. Had we scrambled a win or two in the last few weeks and finished mid table, it might have given the board a false sense of security and given them belief that only a little tinkering in a couple of positions was needed. The way things are, no one can deny that a major overhaul of the squad is required. Whether Fayed has the will to unleash the necessary cash is another matter.

Classic94

Quote from: Putney on May 12, 2013, 05:28:16 PM
Let's do a QPR and sign a new manager and a whole load of new players to add to our relatively unfamiliar squad already.

Sounds foolproof
As opposed to doing nothing & certain relegation next season.                                                                                                                  

alfie

Quote from: alexbishop on May 12, 2013, 05:15:41 PM
Jol's starting 11 today omitted Rodellega who performed very very well when he came on last week. The starting 11 also featured Ruiz and Berba up top which has proven over recent times to be an ineffective combo. The team also stuck with Duff who has been out of form recently.

Jol's subs today involved putting a winger at left back (Urby) instead of a left back (Riise). He then took off our young pacey winger who was having a fairly respectable game and put Petric (a slow ineffective forward) on moving Ruiz out of position in the right and slow ineffective Duff onto the left. He then proceeded to take off a central mid when we were losing, finally put a left back on, and moved Urby out of position into the middle.

He took off our young pacey winger if you had taken time to notice because he was suffering with a calf problem, several times he was trying to stretch it out and rubbing but did not good.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Enter the Frei

I think he was proved that he made the right decision with the first sub by the performance from Emmanuelson during the game and Karagounis had a shocking game and was clearly knackered and needed to be subbed. We were chasing the game at the time and moving Emmanuelson out of left back was a much more attacking decision than bringing Frimpong on which was the other option.

The only sub I question is the one who makes pretty much every week in bringing on Petric for a winger. It just never works!

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Classic94 on May 12, 2013, 05:38:12 PM

Sounds foolproof

We need 3 or 4 first team players not a whole new team. Hughes, Senderos, Karagounis and Riise are not good enough any more and are regularly starting in this side because we simply don't have any better options.

alexbishop

Quote from: alfie on May 12, 2013, 05:40:19 PM

He took off our young pacey winger if you had taken time to notice because he was suffering with a calf problem, several times he was trying to stretch it out and rubbing but did not good.

That wasn't obvious from my stream. So how about move Urby to left wing (His natural position) and bring on Riise then?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Putney

Sounds foolproof

Why does it have to be all or nothing?

We'll sign players.

alexbishop

Quote from: Enter the Frei on May 12, 2013, 05:40:43 PM

I think he was proved that he made the right decision with the first sub by the performance from Emmanuelson during the game and Karagounis had a shocking game and was clearly knackered and needed to be subbed. We were chasing the game at the time and moving Emmanuelson out of left back was a much more attacking decision than bringing Frimpong on which was the other option.

The only sub I question is the one who makes pretty much every week in bringing on Petric for a winger. It just never works!

Urby was toss. Karagounis had a shocker but wasn't subbed off until too late in the game.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

EJL

Quote from: alexbishop on May 12, 2013, 05:45:51 PM

That wasn't obvious from my stream. So how about move Urby to left wing (His natural position) and bring on Riise then?
Emanuelson hasn't been a left winger since he was at Ajax. It definitely isn't his natural position.

alexbishop

Quote from: EJL on May 12, 2013, 05:48:27 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on May 12, 2013, 05:45:51 PM

Emanuelson hasn't been a left winger since he was at Ajax. It definitely isn't his natural position.

Sorry I meant his more effective position whilst he's been with us.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Enter the Frei

Quote from: alexbishop on May 12, 2013, 05:47:57 PM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on May 12, 2013, 05:40:43 PM

Urby was toss. Karagounis had a shocker but wasn't subbed off until too late in the game.

Urby was not toss.

alexbishop

each to their own. Anyway, not the point of my topic. So do we think keep Jol. and invest or remove Jol?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Classic94

Quote from: Putney on May 12, 2013, 05:47:33 PM

Sounds foolproof

Why does it have to be all or nothing?

We'll sign players.

But we have so many problems I don't know where to start. We have botched together a squad from free transfers, short term deals & loans. The rest are either too old or not good enough. Significant changes are inevitable. Don't even get me started on the management who seem incapable of organising or motivating the team...

Classic94

Quote from: alexbishop on May 12, 2013, 05:58:48 PM
each to their own. Anyway, not the point of my topic. So do we think keep Jol. and invest or remove Jol?

Get rid. Today was a debacle too many.

epsomraver

Get rid of Jol, I have never left the cottage before seeing the team off for the last game of the season but I and hundreds of others did, the man is a fool and no way am I going to get a season ticket to watch any more of that dross, watch Liverpool Jol, that is how you break fast and score :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: