A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Of the past 3 years

Started by valdeingruo, May 16, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which two players that have left would you have back?

Temouryian
0 (0%)
Smalling
22 (31%)
Shorey
1 (1.4%)
Okaka
3 (4.2%)
Nevland
4 (5.6%)
Konchesky
1 (1.4%)
Stoor
0 (0%)
Dikacoi
0 (0%)
Kamara
0 (0%)
Zuberbuhler
0 (0%)
Salcido
2 (2.8%)
Pantsil
0 (0%)
Guðjohnsen
0 (0%)
Gera
3 (4.2%)
Greening
0 (0%)
Zamora
1 (1.4%)
Kelly
0 (0%)
Halliche
1 (1.4%)
Dempsey
28 (39.4%)
Dembele
61 (85.9%)
Murphy
6 (8.5%)
Etuhu
2 (2.8%)
Sa
1 (1.4%)
Johnson
0 (0%)
B.H Riise
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

YankeeJim

Agree, Clearly Dembele and Dempsey.

An attack if those two, Berba & Ruiz would score, add to the defense and allow for Super K to start.
Hugo & Enoh off the bench when needed and if Diarra makes it back...... 55 points.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

cmg

If we had to give the money back - Murph and Gera

If we could keep the dough - Smalling and Dembele

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Forever Fulham

This one's too hard for me.  There are six I would really want back--at their prime--each for different reasons. 

Matt Inglis

I said Mousa Dembele as he is one of my favourite Fulham players of recent times and it pains me that we have not been able to replace him.
I also went for Smalling as he is young and solid.. he has a great future ahead of him.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MikeCdawg

Dembele and Etuhu. Although Etuhu was not good with the ball, he scared opponents with his presence. We need someone like that right now

mangoputney

Dempsey = goals / prime

Dembele = midfield maestro
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Forever Fulham

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on May 16, 2013, 08:23:23 PM
Dembele and Etuhu. Although Etuhu was not good with the ball, he scared opponents with his presence. We need someone like that right now
Dickson was massively misused and mismanaged.  He was far better with the ball than given credit, but he made mental errors.  They were fixable.  I suspect they didn't try.  He had the physical tools; he just needed more refining with situational soccer.  And he had some back luck, too. 

Lighthouse

Just a quick point about Etuhu. When he was used (twice) I think as a more attacking midfield player he looked the business. Used as a defensive midfielder he never made the grade for me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Basil

I rated Salcido actually in a problem position.
And of course Dembele is a no brainer.

Whiteroom

Went with Smalling and Dembele. Didn't twig Murphy, but may taken him over Smalling. We need a Murphy to keep us ticking over, and to give a bollocking when it is needed (leadership).

WolverineFFC

Smalling and Dembele for me.

Considered Dempsey briefly, but there is a reason those 2 sold for more than everyone else on the list combined.

049:gif

HatterDon

Smalling -- an England international at CB and RB. W=Exactly what more in the way of explanation do you require?

Salcido -- better than the LB he replaced and better than the LB that replaced him, he is now Monterrey's and Mexico's Danny Murphy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

I was mulling over Salcido.  A heck of a player. 

Herbie

Dembele and Smalling; the rest are past their best.  There are lots in that list whom I have a soft spot for, but time waits for no man.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Herbie on May 17, 2013, 06:39:18 AM
Dembele and Smalling; the rest are past their best.  There are lots in that list whom I have a soft spot for, but time waits for no man.

The poll was meant for "at their best" ie if nevland were to show back up, it would be the super sub type that we got originally.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Herbie

Whoops, sorry missed that bit. That makes it a lot tougher due to the number of soft spots.

My heart says Dembele and Gera

My head says Murphy and Dempsey.

(with nods towards Nevland, Smalling, Pantsil, Konch and grudgingly Zamora)

PokerMatt

Quote from: JBH on May 16, 2013, 01:33:11 PM
Dembele and Nevland for me, Dembele is pretty obvios but Eric was an impact striker that we now sadly lack

This was my thinking too.

Nevland is perhaps my favourite Fulham player of all time. What a brilliant finisher. Alongside Berba and being supplied by Ruiz he would be superb.
Follow me: @mattdjourno