A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Of the past 3 years

Started by valdeingruo, May 16, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which two players that have left would you have back?

Temouryian
0 (0%)
Smalling
22 (31%)
Shorey
1 (1.4%)
Okaka
3 (4.2%)
Nevland
4 (5.6%)
Konchesky
1 (1.4%)
Stoor
0 (0%)
Dikacoi
0 (0%)
Kamara
0 (0%)
Zuberbuhler
0 (0%)
Salcido
2 (2.8%)
Pantsil
0 (0%)
Guðjohnsen
0 (0%)
Gera
3 (4.2%)
Greening
0 (0%)
Zamora
1 (1.4%)
Kelly
0 (0%)
Halliche
1 (1.4%)
Dempsey
28 (39.4%)
Dembele
61 (85.9%)
Murphy
6 (8.5%)
Etuhu
2 (2.8%)
Sa
1 (1.4%)
Johnson
0 (0%)
B.H Riise
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

valdeingruo

Pick two, please explain your picks.

As brought up, these players would be in their "prime years"

049:gif
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Ordar

I went for the very obvious Dembele and Dempsey. Although I did consider Smalling

ElissonSnygg

Dempsey and Gera! (Dembele third)
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

grandad

Smalling by a mile followed by Dembele. The rest are either too old, past it, not good enough or injury prone. There are two who are obvious from the way they threw their toys out of the pram I would never have back.
Where there's a will there's a wife

keith

Lighthouse

Long time since we had a good left back. Shorey seemed ok but has faded a bit. But I would go for a left back like Shorey and then would have Dempsey back. Didn't go for Dembele because he is one of those players who should be brilliant but fails in the final pass or shot.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...I've based my poll selections on the players returning at their peak, not as they are now, if age is the criteria then Smalling and Dembele are the obvious choices...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

EJL

I went for Dembele and Konchesky.

JBH

Dembele and Nevland for me, Dembele is pretty obvios but Eric was an impact striker that we now sadly lack

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: grandad on May 16, 2013, 01:05:53 PM
Smalling by a mile followed by Dembele. The rest are either too old, past it, not good enough or injury prone. There are two who are obvious from the way they threw their toys out of the pram I would never have back.

Agree, but Dembele as my first choice.

elgreenio

cant believe I missed Smalling, picked the two Dems but would easily swap Dempsey for Smalling. Could have built a really good spine with those two.
touch my camera through the fence

gezkc

I went with Dempsey and Dembele. Gera was a close third.

Andy S

As with LB11 I've gone for Gera at his peak and Smalling. Gera was special in that he always gave his all and I remember Goals out of nothing from him. Smalling was only young when he left us and I never saw much of him I saw an acomplished performance from him at centre back alongside chris Baird. I thought that he was one for the future not realising that it was not with us. but he has done well since he left and we got a good price for him and had two decent Centre halves at the time

Burt

Smalling and Dembele for me.

Closely followed by Dempsey and Murphy.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I went for Mousa Dembele and Danny Murphy.

Dembele for obvious reasons. I think we underestimated Danny's leadership qualities within the squad. Even if he couldn't offer anything on the pitch, his off the pitch skills, I feel, are vital within the squad and much like Garry Monk at Swansea, he could be that captain in the dressing room once his playing minutes had dropped. Players like that aren't easy to find.

EJL

I'll explain

Dembele: one of the most well-rounded midfielders in the division; links the defence to attack with his amazing runs. Him and Enoh would be one hell of a midfield (or a fit Diarra).

Konchesky: consistent, injury-free, quick, and productive. He also supported Hangeland a lot better than Riise does.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

LOL someone else voted for Okaka...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Bedford White

Gera and Dembele, Smalling third choice. Zoltan was my favourite player for us, he was brilliant, if he were a few years younger. Dembele is a no brainer really.

nose

dembeleis a true class act and BZ was a really excellent center forward until mr jol alienated him. we need such a player desperately. Of course the BZ I want back is 5 years younger than the current one.

I don't understand how smalling gets so many votes, he was ordinary at best and I don't think he has really come on.

rusty shackleford

Clearly Dembele and Dempsey