News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A-Level Coursework Help (Fulham related)

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, May 16, 2013, 02:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I need to collect subjective performance data from our loss to Liverpool, all I need is a few people to answer my questionnaire in some useful depth; any help would be extremely useful, thank you.

I'd also appreciate intelligent, balanced and useful answers. In other words, to "What were Fulham's strengths?" Please don't answer nothing. This is for analysis of performance of the team, although if you were to say something like "Hughes was at fault for the first goal" I'd like it if you could then explain why, and in a later box suggest how he could improve upon his performance.

What were Fulham FC's strengths from 3-1 loss to Liverpool?

What were Fulham's weaknesses from the 3-1 loss to Liverpool?

How could Fulham FC go about maintaining their strengths from the game?

How could Fulham FC improve upon their weaknesses for the coming game vs Swansea?

If you were in Martin Jol's shoes planning for the training sessions ahead of the next game vs Swansea, what would be your biggest worries for your squad and why?

Burt

STRENGTHS
Composure in possession.

WEAKNESSES
Disorganised at the back.
Loss of confidence after the key decisions went against us...
...and particularly after falling behind.
No on-pitch leadership.

MAINTAINING STRENGTHS
Don't be afraid to be patient whilst on the ball. "If you have possession, the other buggers can't score".

IMPROVE ON WEAKNESSES
Better organisation / game plan at the back. All successful sides are built on a rock-solid defence.
More urgency. Be quicker to close down the opposition, and be more prepared to run at the opposition's defence.
Swifter counter-attacking.

BIGGEST WORRIES
Defensive frailties.
Lack of poke up front.

FFCAli

I'd agree with Burt, especially the loss of confidence after key decisions went against us.  The game turned on the few minutes that started with play getting waved on after the handball in the area (more blatant than the one Benfica got their penalty for last night IMO) and ended with Liverpool's 2nd goal.  After that we were nowhere.

EJL

Strengths

- The attacking potency down the right hand side in the first half. Riether and Duff linked up well to fashion a number of chances - one of which led to a goal
- Kacaniklic's impact when looking for the through pass while out wide, or when he drifted inside. The Liverpool defenders were always backing off when he was in possession.
- Schwarzer. Much improved performance from last week. Made two or three really good saves.

Weaknesses

- The Petric for Kacaniklic substitution killed the game. Jol needed to bring on an equally quick/direct player; not someone slow and out of form like Petric.
- Lack of covering for Liverpool's first goal: Hangeland didn't get across quick enough to cover his right foot - the foot he scored with... Both centre-halves probably had Robson-Kanu's second goal from the week before lingering in their minds.
- The team is too slow. There are a number of players who can't last the full ninety as well.

Maintaining strengths

- If a player putting in a good performance has to come off due to injury, replace him with a similar player; not someone who is going to completely drain everything that made the team threatening.
- Play to our strengths: get the ball to Riether as much as possible. His crossing ability is second to none. Use players that can make the most of his delivery, like Rodallega (all three of his goals were headers).

Improve on weakness

- Make the attacking players (bar Berbatov) play as direct as possible. Have the deeper midfielders hold; leave the attacking to the guys ahead of them.

Biggest worries

- Left-back
- Slow attacks that allow opposition to regroup
- Predictable aging players

Matt Inglis

What were Fulham FC's strengths from 3-1 loss to Liverpool?
Composed passing and, on occasion, very precise and effective build up play.
Good mental response after conceding the second goal, mass pressure put on Liverpool defenders.

What were Fulham's weaknesses from the 3-1 loss to Liverpool?
Over exuberance in defense (especially Hangeland). Lack of effort from midfielders (bar Enoh) to help break down Liverpool passing. General lack of communication and understanding.

How could Fulham FC go about maintaining their strengths from the game?
More consistently applying pressure as mentioned in order to panic opposition.
Continue making good runs and dummy runs to make build up play effective.

How could Fulham FC improve upon their weaknesses for the coming game vs Swansea?
More understanding when defending, especially against quick counter attacks.
More effort from attacking players to break down opposition passing.

If you were in Martin Jol's shoes planning for the training sessions ahead of the next game vs Swansea, what would be your biggest worries for your squad and why?
A lack of pace. Swansea have a fast front three, much like Liverpool, which can exploit our 3/4 slow defense.
Injuries, Sidwell and Dejagah mainly but also Richardson. Sidwell is a calming influence (except in his last two games) and you know what you will get from him every time. Dejagah is fast and can set up opportunities out of nothing. Richardson is faster than Riise and tackles more frequently.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Forever Fulham

I want to see Burt's "Lack of poke up front" put into your paper.
:021:

JBH

Strenghts: Going forward look dangerous

Weakness: Martin Jol obviously didn't Bung Mark Halsey as much as Brendan Rodgers did otherwise we would have been given the blatant penalty and they would have been reduced to 10 if not 9 men!

Burt

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 17, 2013, 12:00:13 AM
I want to see Burt's "Lack of poke up front" put into your paper.
:021:

It's a technical term...  :dft011: