NFR -- Major dumbass attack at Stoke City

Started by HatterDon, May 17, 2013, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

When i worked for the co-op years ago the butchers rigged up a pigs head behind my office door to swing down when it was opened in the morning. It wouldn't have bothered me as i'm not squimish, but a poor young student went into my office before i got to work and the shock made have hysterics. She gave her notice in but nothing happened to the butchers unfortunately
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Matt Inglis

Quote from: Berserker on May 17, 2013, 09:52:33 PM
When i worked for the co-op years ago the butchers rigged up a pigs head behind my office door to swing down when it was opened in the morning. It wouldn't have bothered me as i'm not squimish, but a poor young student went into my office before i got to work and the shock made have hysterics. She gave her notice in but nothing happened to the butchers unfortunately
It's worse for him as he is a Muslim.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Matt Inglis on May 17, 2013, 10:00:33 PM
Quote from: Berserker on May 17, 2013, 09:52:33 PM
It's worse for him as he is a Muslim.

AAAAAAAAAH, now it all makes sense. Wondered what all the fuss was about
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

The Bronsons

Look away, Sir Stanley, your club just went down yet another peg.

Logicalman

Quote from: The Bronsons on May 18, 2013, 12:28:06 AM
Look away, Sir Stanley, your club just went down yet another peg.

..or another pig, at least

sipwell

That is absolutely appalling behaviour. Bayern had a similar incident when fellow players poured beer over Ribéry, even though he is a muslim as well.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

shnlwswlkr

A palace player also took a poo in the Brighton dressing room before the game. Lol.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

valdeingruo

Quote from: sipwell on May 18, 2013, 09:12:57 AM
That is absolutely appalling behaviour. Bayern had a similar incident when fellow players poured beer over Ribéry, even though he is a muslim as well.

Turns out the beer poured over Ribery was non alcoholic, so in the end no harm, but he didnt look too pleased when he thought otherwise.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Slaphead in Qatar

Didn't realize he is a muslim. Then this is appaling behaviour,  and the culprits should get a lengthy ban. Worse than the suarez and terry racism incidents earlier in the season.

cebu

Quote from: andersons11 on May 18, 2013, 10:02:26 AM

Turns out the beer poured over Ribery was non alcoholic, so in the end no harm, but he didnt look too pleased when he thought otherwise.

Yes, but unfortunately the "alcohol free beer" does contain alcohol - about 0.3% by volume - so Ribery is allowed to be annoyed!   092.gif

valdeingruo

Quote from: cebu on May 18, 2013, 01:31:07 PM

Yes, but unfortunately the "alcohol free beer" does contain alcohol - about 0.3% by volume - so Ribery is allowed to be annoyed!   092.gif

I wasnt aware of that. I read an article about how they made up after the match when it was explainedand they had a cheerful looking picture together
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cebu

Quote from: andersons11 on May 18, 2013, 01:35:36 PM

I wasnt aware of that. I read an article about how they made up after the match when it was explainedand they had a cheerful looking picture together

Yes, but maybe neither Ribery nor the beer wasters realized that! You need to look at the small print on the label of the bottle ... :005:

RaySmith

It's surely a racist incident, even if it was non-alcoholic beer - which the victim wasn't aware of at the time anyway.

Re Stoke, I'm amazed that I have heard various pundits on 5Live saying that  there has been an over reaction to this incident - that it was just normal 'pranks'.

Riverside

Quote from: RaySmith on May 18, 2013, 01:52:49 PM
It's surely a racist incident, even if it was non-alcoholic beer - which the victim wasn't aware of at the time anyway.

Re Stoke, I'm amazed that I have heard various pundits on 5Live saying that  there has been an over reaction to this incident - that it was just normal 'pranks'.

FA have recently said 5 games minimum ban for racism ?
I think there will be should be some bans
If not we have another case of not addressing racism .

Patrick

Quote from: cebu on May 18, 2013, 01:43:23 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on May 18, 2013, 01:35:36 PM

Yes, but maybe neither Ribery nor the beer wasters realized that! You need to look at the small print on the label of the bottle ... :005:

Is this the same guy .... Ribery...who is about to appear in a French court for soliciting sex with a minor....the guy needs a good slap to be moaning about non-alcoholic beer with previous with child abuse...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/20/franck-ribery-charged-soliciting-underage-prostitute

Patrick

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 18, 2013, 10:24:12 AM
Didn't realize he is a muslim. Then this is appaling behaviour,  and the culprits should get a lengthy ban. Worse than the suarez and terry racism incidents earlier in the season.

Is this the same Franck Ribery who is about to appear in a French Court charged with soliciting sex with a minor????.....the guy has some nerve to moan about non-alcoholic beer whilst at the same time being involved in a child abuse/statutory rape case!!!....needs to assess his values IMHO

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/20/franck-ribery-charged-soliciting-underage-prostitute

Slaphead in Qatar

Patrick - i was not talking about ribery incident, i was referrring to kenwyne jones incident.

Patrick

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 18, 2013, 04:12:06 PM
Patrick - i was not talking about ribery incident, i was referrring to kenwyne jones incident.

OK....I think the Kenwyne Jones incident is scandalous and moronic....I am tee-total myself!!....let's see what Stoke/FA do about it...

cebu

I suspect that the Ribery incident was mindless stupidity rather than racism. But the Stoke incident looks very much like racism. Let's hope it's not swept under the carpet.