watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your thoughts please

Started by Admin, May 22, 2013, 11:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

For next season, we are thinking of opening a separate forum alongside the General Discussion forum for match day threads only.

At the moment, a member normally starts up a match day thread within the General Discussion area and it takes off from there.

What we are thinking of doing, is pre-loading all the games along with dates in a separate forum (for augment sake "Match Day") and unlocking each game thread on that day so it can be used by the members.

Within the thread, someone can then post the team news, starting 11, subs and links to live feeds etc. We may even consider to appoint a member to moderate and run this section.

At the moment, this is only an idea but would like the views of others to see if it's worth putting in place of whether you'd like the match day threads to remain in the General Discussion area.

Let me know your thoughts,

Admin.

Northern Cottager

Good idea. I always have a quick look on here on Match Days for team news in case anyone has put it up, be nice to have somewhere guaranteed to find it all out and comment.

jarv

Sounds fine but what is to be gained by separating it? Quicker access? I like the threads but don't always participate....on tv over here some games are tape delayed so too often a poster says " so and so are 2 down now" :031:

Walsh

I spend half my Saturday on the match day thread so this would be perfect for me, it would be nice if we could get some sort of stat's in their for example "Fulham have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 2 against ??? in their past meetings".

sunburywhite

I wont be watching while that oaf Jol is still in charge
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

if it ain't broke don't try to fix it...

alfie

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 22, 2013, 12:14:32 PM

So if whatever team we have start to really gel and play well next season and Jol is still here you won't watch?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on May 22, 2013, 12:53:41 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on May 22, 2013, 12:14:32 PM

So if whatever team we have start to really gel and play well next season and Jol is still here you won't watch?

Obviously! Otherwise you might get a name for being fickle!

Admin

Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on May 22, 2013, 12:17:37 PM
if it ain't broke don't try to fix it...

You're constantly breaking things that we fix so, without squabbling between yourselves, can we get back to the question in hand please.

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

The Bronsons

99% of the time I use the "Show unread post" link so it doesn't really matter to me where the matchday thread is.

From the mods' point of view though aren't you making more work for yourselves? If members can be counted on already to start a matchday thread, why not leave it to them? - leaves you more time for banning people!   086.gif

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

MJG

No I dont think you should move it from the general forum list. But what i would do is have a subsection where you put all the match threads for people to look back at.
Just as I would do with the MOM polls.

Your now going to tell me we have a search or archive section.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: MJG on May 22, 2013, 02:26:04 PM
No I dont think you should move it from the general forum list. But what i would do is have a subsection where you put all the match threads for people to look back at.

my thoughts exactly, this would provide both the easy access to match threads and the ability to look back through the games very easily.

EJL

Admin

Quote from: Enter the Frei on May 22, 2013, 04:48:29 PM

my thoughts exactly, this would provide both the easy access to match threads and the ability to look back through the games very easily.

That being the case, the threads would already be there in date order.

WhiteJC

its already here...
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

its under the "Archive" forum

HatterDon

I think it's a great idea. It would be especially good for whoever runs the thread to post the match day squad.

It would also -- hopefully -- stop the half dozen duplicates of the match-day thread we've been having this past season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 22, 2013, 05:30:05 PM

its already here...
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

its under the "Archive" forum
right, so issue one is that either its hidden away and maybe navigation is an issue, or I'm too lazy to look around what is already a bigish site.

RolandAJ

Quote from: HatterDon on May 22, 2013, 05:50:45 PM
I think it's a great idea. It would be especially good for whoever runs the thread to post the match day squad.

It would also -- hopefully -- stop the half dozen duplicates of the match-day thread we've been having this past season.

Yes.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?