more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amorebieta Official.

Started by TWFL, May 22, 2013, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElissonSnygg

Quality signing. Good start !
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Slaphead in Qatar

People on this thread are assuming he will be a first eleven starter. Lets hope jol has the guts to stick him in ahead of senderos.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 22, 2013, 01:54:33 PM
Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on May 22, 2013, 01:50:02 PM
Burns will get his chance when Amorebieta gets his reds. Lets do a vote on how many.

Great signing, though.

My only hope is that our first game is against Arsenal and he breaks Giroud/Carzola's leg

Cazorla is one of the best and most entertaining players in the league, why would you want him out?

Slaphead in Qatar

Hope boateng is only intended as a squaddie. We need a better midfielder in the starting eleven.

Ordar

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 22, 2013, 02:05:33 PM
Hope boateng is only intended as a squaddie. We need a better midfielder in the starting eleven.

I think Boateng will surprise people

Frankie-Peter Taylor

This is a superb signings. Do not read into his red card record, Spanish referees are a bit mental, much stricter there than here.

As for Dan Burn, I think even if we hadn't bought Fernando Amorebieta, I believe Dan Burn would still be going out on loan. Get him back to Yeovil, with a full season in the Championship and take from there. I imagine he'll come with us on pre-season, with some early integration into the first team squad before being loaned out again.

Although, this is me just guessing what will happen, but I assume it will.

Ordar

The timing on the Hangeland/Burn switch over could actually be pretty perfect if Dan continues to improve and apply himself. A year (or even 2) in the Championship and he'll be 22/23 and will have had good experience at that level.

Win win really.

Amorebieta is going to be quality for us. Now wheres our good friend Maarten Stekelenburg....

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Ordar on May 22, 2013, 02:34:16 PM
The timing on the Hangeland/Burn switch over could actually be pretty perfect if Dan continues to improve and apply himself. A year (or even 2) in the Championship and he'll be 22/23 and will have had good experience at that level.

Win win really.

Amorebieta is going to be quality for us. Now wheres our good friend Maarten Stekelenburg....

Hopefuly in that special room from which the Boateng pictures came?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on May 22, 2013, 01:44:23 PM
I'd love to have a pop at the Martin Jol haters right now, not even a week after the Premier League end and we already have bagged three decent signings...

Pop away, not sure two out of contract free transfers mean Jol has any money. But all three are in positions we needed strengthening on a more permanent basis. Nice to know Jol gets credit for signings but not blamed for lack of signings. Good on him. Let's hope there is more quality to come.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Abba - Fernando

Let's get this chant going in the Hammy end...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

grandad

This shows the start of our rebuilding programme. Now lets see if we will splash the cash on some more. Welcome Amo .
Where there's a will there's a wife

ffcbulgaria

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2013, 02:49:17 PM
I'd love to have a pop at the Martin Jol haters right now, not even a week after the Premier League end and we already have bagged three decent signings...

Pop away, not sure two out of contract free transfers mean Jol has any money. But all three are in positions we needed strengthening on a more permanent basis. Nice to know Jol gets credit for signings but not blamed for lack of signings. Good on him. Let's hope there is more quality to come.

Jol tried to sign Boateng last summer and Boateng and Stekelenburg in January plus others. He knows what he wants. Sometimes things don't work out. Don't let the facts get in the way of your prejudices and moaning.

And I am not going to transfer the blame onto Macintosh, MAF or the Board.

Have you ever thought of writing a misery memoir or novel? Your talents only reach a limited non-paying audience here.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 22, 2013, 03:07:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2013, 02:49:17 PM

Jol tried to sign Boateng last summer and Boateng and Stekelenburg in January plus others. He knows what he wants. Sometimes things don't work out. Don't let the facts get in the way of your prejudices and moaning.

And I am not going to transfer the blame onto Macintosh, MAF or the Board.

Have you ever thought of writing a misery memoir or novel? Your talents only reach a limited non-paying audience here.

What part of my reply got you all hot and bothered?  Did you read my reply backwards and think it said something about praying to the king of chelscum.  Now calm yourself down and enjoy the good news without spreading hatred. Your prejudice against me shouldn't spoil this thread for others.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Will somebody do the board a favor and do a short write-up on this guys strengths and weaknesses?

I've never seen him play, that I can recall, and haven't a clue as to whether to be excited or not. All too often, we get excited, on this board, about any new signing with YouTube clips, and I assume some knowledge from FM. What about those of you who follow La Liga?

All I can gather so far is that he gets "red" cards all too often in La Liga.

What else does he offer? Speed? Passing? Strength?

Thanks!

jmh

Seems like Burn spending another season on loan at Yeovil is an ideal situation all around.  Burn gets to progress at a gradual rate, we get our guy gaining regular match experience in a fairly tough league rather than a few one-off appearances in the League Cup, and Yeovil get squad continuity at (presumably) a reasonable cost to them.

ffcbulgaria

If you want to consider www.player-profiles.co.uk as a respectable source then:

Summary of Amorebieta:

Strengths: Spectacular left foot, tough/strong/brave, scary (for opposition), good in the air, good reading of the game, awareness of opponents position and versatile.

Weaknesses: Dives in, too strong/tough, lunges into tackles, 2 footed in the tackle, and reliance on his left foot.

"He loves to pass. He will do it all match, whether they are accurate long passes, or shorter, closer passes. But he is extremely good at passing, and would fit straight into a Tiki Taka style, having played it all his life"

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on May 22, 2013, 03:31:34 PM

Summary of Amorebieta:

Strengths: Spectacular left foot, tough/strong/brave, scary (for opposition), good in the air, good reading of the game, awareness of opponents position and versatile.

Weaknesses: Dives in, too strong/tough, lunges into tackles, 2 footed in the tackle, and reliance on his left foot.

Hope he can reign that in. He'll definitely be card happy here with that trait.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ffcbulgaria

Lol on average gets booked every second game and gets sent off twice per season :P

RidgeRider

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on May 22, 2013, 03:31:34 PM

Summary of Amorebieta:

"He loves to pass. He will do it all match, whether they are accurate long passes, or shorter, closer passes. But he is extremely good at passing, and would fit straight into a Tiki Taka style, having played it all his life"

Thank you!  :54: