Amorebieta Official.

Started by TWFL, May 22, 2013, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2013, 03:22:54 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 22, 2013, 03:07:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2013, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on May 22, 2013, 01:44:23 PM
I'd love to have a pop at the Martin Jol haters right now, not even a week after the Premier League end and we already have bagged three decent signings...

Pop away, not sure two out of contract free transfers mean Jol has any money. But all three are in positions we needed strengthening on a more permanent basis. Nice to know Jol gets credit for signings but not blamed for lack of signings. Good on him. Let's hope there is more quality to come.

Jol tried to sign Boateng last summer and Boateng and Stekelenburg in January plus others. He knows what he wants. Sometimes things don't work out. Don't let the facts get in the way of your prejudices and moaning.

And I am not going to transfer the blame onto Macintosh, MAF or the Board.

Have you ever thought of writing a misery memoir or novel? Your talents only reach a limited non-paying audience here.

What part of my reply got you all hot and bothered?  Did you read my reply backwards and think it said something about praying to the king of chelscum.  Now calm yourself down and enjoy the good news without spreading hatred. Your prejudice against me shouldn't spoil this thread for others.

This reply is just gibberish.

You said "Nice to know Jol gets credit for signings but not blamed for lack of signings". I pointed out that he had tried to sign Boateng before and Stekelenberg was on a plane to us. So clearly Jol had been trying to sign players so (I will say this slowly) HOW IS JOL TO BE BLAMED FOR LACK OF SIGNINGS?

I don't have a prejudice against you. I don't know you. I respond to what you write, pointing out that the evidence does not support your arguments.

Ordar

I read lots of times on here that Enoh would be sent off all the time when he joined us. Nothing could be further from the truth, so I expect Amo to adapt equally well. (Help also by the fact that diving is rife in the Spanish league)

Joe McDonald

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on May 22, 2013, 03:39:11 PM
Lol on average gets booked every second game and gets sent off twice per season :P

Given La Liga is more technically proficient league, I'm guessing the standard of play, with regards to inducing a foul from the defender is higher than in the Premier League?

Do you think that his card ratio will reduce here, as despite more recent criticism of bad tackles (Sidwell included) the style of football here is more 'robust' than in Spain?

EJL

Quote from: Ordar on May 22, 2013, 03:48:19 PM
I read lots of times on here that Enoh would be sent off all the time when he joined us. Nothing could be further from the truth, so I expect Amo to adapt equally well. (Help also by the fact that diving is rife in the Spanish league)
Amorebieta really can be a bit of a nutter, though.

..Kya.ffc..

A good start. Happy with that.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

CurryForMario

He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 22, 2013, 03:47:00 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2013, 03:22:54 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 22, 2013, 03:07:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 22, 2013, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on May 22, 2013, 01:44:23 PM
I'd love to have a pop at the Martin Jol haters right now, not even a week after the Premier League end and we already have bagged three decent signings...

Pop away, not sure two out of contract free transfers mean Jol has any money. But all three are in positions we needed strengthening on a more permanent basis. Nice to know Jol gets credit for signings but not blamed for lack of signings. Good on him. Let's hope there is more quality to come.

Jol tried to sign Boateng last summer and Boateng and Stekelenburg in January plus others. He knows what he wants. Sometimes things don't work out. Don't let the facts get in the way of your prejudices and moaning.

And I am not going to transfer the blame onto Macintosh, MAF or the Board.

Have you ever thought of writing a misery memoir or novel? Your talents only reach a limited non-paying audience here.

What part of my reply got you all hot and bothered?  Did you read my reply backwards and think it said something about praying to the king of chelscum.  Now calm yourself down and enjoy the good news without spreading hatred. Your prejudice against me shouldn't spoil this thread for others.

This reply is just gibberish.

You said "Nice to know Jol gets credit for signings but not blamed for lack of signings". I pointed out that he had tried to sign Boateng before and Stekelenberg was on a plane to us. So clearly Jol had been trying to sign players so (I will say this slowly) HOW IS JOL TO BE BLAMED FOR LACK OF SIGNINGS?

I don't have a prejudice against you. I don't know you. I respond to what you write, pointing out that the evidence does not support your arguments.

I wasn't aware I was even having an argument. But you seem to be. Let me know how this argument turns out? I have a feeling you will win it as you seem to be inventing both sides of it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Sporting Life have a report, picture makes him look not the most handsome chappy. Hope he plays better than he looks.

FFCByTheRiver

Well done Jol, Well done Alistair, Well Done MAF. Extremely pleased with this signing. Honestly, I think he was one of Bilbao's best players maybe behind only Llorente last season.

I'm of the opinion his disciplinary record won't transfer to the PL. We all know the difference in how the game is played and officiated in La Liga.

cmg

Once again Jol dispalys his massive incompetence.
Not only has he cut down our opportunities for pointless speculation during the summer months by about a third, but, by moving so early, he has effectively slammed the door in the face of Segio Ramos should he come calling in August demanding to play for the team of his dreams (I was going to say, 'demanding to play for the mighty Whites', but, I suppose, he already plays for them.)

ffc73

Excellent news. As most others have already said, I expect him to start with Burn loaned back to Yeovil for a year in the Championship.

Senderos & Hughes both signed 1-year deals in the Spring and it is unlikely both will sit on the bench so it would not surprise me if one or other is sold. Assuming someone comes in for them and they want to do

cmg

Excellent news, of course.

I had a little smile on Saturday when the commentator mentioned that the Swansea players were moaning at the rather robust approach of the players. (He meant Enoh and Frimpong, of course.) 'About time', I thought. Now I don't condone dirty play. Far from it. But our defence has been far too easily pushed around this season and a bit of steel (as opposed to stupid two-footed tackles) was to be welcomed.

In Amorebieta (and Boetang) we have certainly added a hard edge to our squad.

YankeeJim

With our Captain Giraffe and this guy being 6'4", we should do better on dead balls.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ScalleysDad

Its quite interesting that all the speculation revolves around who will play alongside Hangaland ..... the same player who put in a series of woeful performances and defended like a marshmallow on set plays. If Dan Burn, a sure fire success at Yeovil and very popular, is the young pretender I'd rather he was around the place. 

filham

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on May 22, 2013, 03:39:11 PM
Lol on average gets booked every second game and gets sent off twice per season :P
Oh dear, sounds as if we have to avoid playing him and Sidwell at the same time.