watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amorebieta Official.

Started by TWFL, May 22, 2013, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWFL

It's like London buses. Wait for confirmation and two happen at once...!

Amorebieta Arrives
Wednesday 22 May 2013 13:00

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the free transfer signing of Fernando Amorebieta on a four-year deal.

The 28-year-old central defender made more than 250 appearances in eight seasons for La Liga side Athletic Bilbao.

Having represented Spain at Under-19 level and lifting the UEFA European Football Championship in 2004, Amorebieta elected to play for his country of birth, Venezuela, at senior level.

He has eight international caps and one goal which came in a 1-0 victory against Argentina in a 2014 World Cup qualification match.

Amorebieta started his career at CD Baskonia in 2003 playing in Spain's third division. He moved to Bilbao in 2004 and spent one season with their reserves before becoming a first-team regular for the club in 2005.

Amorebieta said: "I'm delighted to have signed a four-year deal with Fulham and I'm looking forward to competing in the Barclays Premier League next season. I'm impressed with the talent already at the Club and I look forward to meeting the players for pre-season training in July."

Rhys Lightning 63

And like THAT (insert finger clicking noise), Dan Burn's chances of playing in the first team next year go out the window
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MJG

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 22, 2013, 01:14:49 PM
And like THAT (insert finger clicking noise), Dan Burn's chances of playing in the first team next year go out the window
and senderos and Hughes. Burn will go on loan again.

westcliff white

disagree slightly Riether Lightning, I think hughes will leave and young Dan will be the 4th choice. So he may get some time in the league cup.
Every day is a Fulham day

JBH

Burn is decent but nowhere near ready for regular 1st team football yet, the club may leave him on loan at Yeovil now that they are in the Championship.

Northern Cottager

Great signing! Very well spoken of and offers us an alternative!

BarryP

Glad to hear that the back four are being revamped with some younger legs. Welcome to Fulham!
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

KP_FFC

yes
finally a decent partner for hangeland

Ordar

Quality player, quality signing.

St Eve

TWFL

Just seen that it's a 4 year deal. Very pleased with this one, him and Hangers will be great alongside each other.

PokerMatt

I'd rather Burn played a season in the Championship than make two steps up in one summer. Championship is a very tricky league.

Yes he was the best player in the League One playoff final, but there's still a huge gap to bridge and it's ideal now for him to get that experience with the same club for another year.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Classic94

Very impressive signing. Good to see we are doing our business early.

FFC1987

Put it this way, if Burn is good enough, he will get his chance. I think he will, and think another season on loan will help mature and develop him. Really excited for the lads future.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I'd love to have a pop at the Martin Jol haters right now, not even a week after the Premier League end and we already have bagged three decent signings...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Admin

The idea of Dan Burns was to always be an understudy of Brede. He is still a couple of years away from making the first team which is about right, as Brede will be 34-35.

TheManOnTheBus

Burns will get his chance when Amorebieta gets his reds. Lets do a vote on how many.

Great signing, though.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on May 22, 2013, 01:50:02 PM
Burns will get his chance when Amorebieta gets his reds. Lets do a vote on how many.

Great signing, though.

My only hope is that our first game is against Arsenal and he breaks Giroud/Carzola's leg
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 22, 2013, 01:54:33 PM

Great signing, though.

My only hope is that our first game is against Arsenal and he breaks Giroud/Carzola's leg

Bit grim. I'd be appalled if I saw other teams forums talking like that about one of our players.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 22, 2013, 01:54:33 PM

Great signing, though.

Welcome to the forum, Tony. Got a new job yet?
Follow me: @mattdjourno