News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stekelenburg apparently a done deal (Italian papers)

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, May 22, 2013, 10:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/news/fulham-agree-to-sign-stekelenburg-on-4-year-deal-13-214.html

Apparently he's been left out of the squad for the Coppa Italia final tomorrow as well.

No smoke without fire
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

DevonFFC

All over twitter aswell, a lot of Italian journalists are reporting it

whiteinedinburgh

This would be a great signing. Netherlands No1 is good enough for me.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: whiteinedinburgh on May 22, 2013, 10:39:55 PM
This would be a great signing. Netherlands No1 is good enough for me.

We haven't had one of those before. Oh, wait a minute
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JackyFulham90

I really really hope we sign him although Jol seems really keen to keep Schwarzer

itombomb

Stekelenberg will bring to us what Lloris has bought to Tottenham, the ability to play a higher line because of his distribution and speed off his line.

As good a shot-stopper as Schwarzer still is, his decision-making/slowness off the mark has cost us a lot of goals this year.

westcliff white

hopefully true, not seen this in gazetta or on sky italia as yet.
Every day is a Fulham day

Herbie

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 22, 2013, 10:45:55 PM
I really really hope we sign him although Jol seems really keen to keep Schwarzer

I think Jol is just trying to keep his options open with the comments about Schwarzer.  However, the rumours of links with other keepers suggest that Jol thinks it's time for an upgrade.

The King

Would be bloody great. I've always been a fan of Stekelenburg.

SaltfordWhite

Although I don't know much about him, 3 Million snots would be a cracking result for a Serie A keeper that is also the Ducth number one.

Fingers crossed we finally get over the line with this one.

shnlwswlkr

I hope this is true, very good upgrade! Only 30 years old too!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Ordar

Still not seen any concrete links for this, but I'm very hopeful. World class goalkeeper

Zu-Meister

Because id rather Stockdale or Begovic than him.
From what ive seen of him, hes a bit like Gomez, makes things look so much harder than they are. He never catches the ball, always parries.
Never been impressed with him, when the big clubs were after him during the world cup or euros cant remember, i recall that i never saw what the clubs seemed to see in him. plus side, he seems to save a fair few penalties, and i dont really know what his ability with crosses is like.
anyone who know his style better, would appreciate enlightenment.

EJL

He's quick off his line, very good with one on ones, and he can make more acrobatic saves than his size suggests. I think he's just had a bad time in Rome. If we sign him and he rediscovers his Ajax form then £5 million will prove a steal.

The King

He's also able to distribute the ball quickly and accurately. You won't really make it in Ajax or the Dutch national team if you just lump the ball forward.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think he is an outstanding goalkeeper. He has been a little out of form this season, but we all know that he is not happy there ( perhaps reflecting in his performances ) would rather sell stockdale and get an international number 1 for one of the best sides in Europe to replace him.

Great shop stopper, and his distribution is excellent.... much much better then Gomes as he isnt prone to mistakes

H3Matt

I think any performances in Italy aren't really a fair example of his quality. He's not happy in Italy and he found himself on the bench under Roma's last coach. Bring him to the Premier League, working under Jol and I'm sure we'll see the best out of him.

Ordar

Fergie tried to sign him I believe after Van Der Sar retired. He's a world class keeper, and if we do sign him it will be a real coup. He's MILES better than Stockdale, although Begovic would also be a good alternative if we cant pull this off

FFCByTheRiver

Watching him for the Netherlands I can't relate to the post you've made describing him, to be honest! Though maybe his time at Roma hasn't been all that - would fit well with why he wants to leave so much. Rediscover form etc.

He's agile, quick, excellent distributor and at a De Gea level of pure shot stopping ability.

He really is a lot better than Stockdale.