watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thomas Vermaelen

Started by Markffc123, May 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markffc123

arsenal have placed him on the transfer list and he is available for £5million-would anybody take him? even though he will probly go abroad he can play a left back aswell
a cheeky bid by jol would not surprise me

alfie

Quote from: Markffc123 on May 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM
arsenal have placed him on the transfer list and he is available for £5million-would anybody take him? even though he will probly go abroad he can play a left back aswell

Most certainly would :54:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

but isnt he just another cb that is better attacking than he is defending.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Something tells me that despite the reasonable transfer fee - one that would blow the budget for bringing in a creative CM that we're still in desperate need of - there'd still be the very real obstacle of his wages.

He'd be nice to have, but at this point he'd be a luxury we won't afford.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MasterHaynes

You h
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 28, 2013, 07:01:48 PM
Something tells me that despite the reasonable transfer fee - one that would blow the budget for bringing in a creative CM that we're still in desperate need of - there'd still be the very real obstacle of his wages.

He'd be nice to have, but at this point he'd be a luxury we won't afford.
it the nail on the head, his wages are high hence the cheap price to get him off their books quickly. I'm sure he will go abroad to one of the champions league teams.

Rhys Lightning 63

I'd take him at LB rather than Riise
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Jack Fulham

Would be a decent signing. Had quite rise to becoming there captain but he's now been dropped. I remember he used to play with Jan Vertonghen at Ajax. Spurs certainly got themselves the better player.

JackyFulham90

Quality player but we don't need another centre back as we have Hangeland,  Amorebieta, Senderos & Hughes

EJL

His goals have masked over his defensive frailties. I wouldn't go near him.

zschwartz

Vermaelen's a quality player that did not have the best year: aka an ideal fulham target.

Can't dismiss 32 starts and 4 substitutions in all competitions for an inconsistent team that qualified for the champions league. 6 of those starts (roughly, according to whoscored...) were at left back, including the 3-1 home loss to Bayern.

However with Amorebieta signed it is far from our weakest position. Not knowing how much money the club will spend, i'd rather 4m go into a quality CDM... Unless, maybe, he is willing to play LB more often for a 12th placed side on diminished wages.

this is not going to happen. but a Vermaelen-Amorebieta-Hangeland-Riether back line sounds pretty good for fifa 14.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'd have. A very classy central defender, but we would have to:

1) Get him to take a wage cut on his probable £120k a week to our capped £50k.
2) Sell Aaron Hughes or Philippe Senderos.
3) Probably drop Brede Hangeland.

Also, we have priorities in other positions.

David Allen Crankshaw

Definitely not needed.

Danitar

Wingnut

Personally, I would prefer to see the money being pumped into a quality central midfielder. I don't think that Vermaelen would improve us defensively?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

cebu

Quote from: Markffc123 on May 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

MAF/Mac are the money guys, not Jol. It's not that likely that they'll free up £5m for any player, never mind a CB that we don't currently need. We'll only get a new LB if at least one of Riise/Richardson/Briggs leaves. Here again I can't imagine that £5m will be the kind of money the club will fork out for any LB.

It's a nice fantasy though! 

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: Wingnut on May 28, 2013, 11:34:15 PM
Personally, I would prefer to see the money being pumped into a quality central midfielder. I don't think that Vermaelen would improve us defensively?

Agreed. If we're going to be limited in transfer funds (again), we've got to get a pacy midfielder -- preferably one who can move forward if necessary.

valdeingruo

Like most everyone here, another midfielder first please. Then maybe Vermaelen. I like the way he plays, however we have to sort out a solid defence before we can have an attacking style cb. He does seem to score from corners enough, something weve been missing.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

sipwell

Vermaelen is a solid defender but for one reason or another he was first partnered with the immensely slow Mertesacker (and then he is at his weakest) and later replaced. Personally rate him more than Mertesacker. It is however not what Fulham need at the moment.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MontenegroWhite

Simply can't see us being his choice if he is to leave. And we already have Amorebieta + 3 CB so don't need him really. Yes he would be amazing signing for us, but we need to invest in other positions.

Ordar

I've always said, that if a quality player is available then you should make an effort to sign them. Pointless not to try