more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stuart Downing

Started by Sammyffc, May 29, 2013, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Count Flapula on May 30, 2013, 12:37:27 AM
So some of you think a 28 year old who has played 34 times for England isn't good enough to play for Fulham? Seriously - think again.
The number of times a player plays for his country is irrelevant.
The manager at the time may rate them and picks him while everyone else thinks he's toilet.
So Downing has played 34 times over different managers. How many good games has he had?

I will end on Carlton Palmer...18 Caps for England by the time he was 28, would you have been happy with him?

Holders

I think that Kaca and Dejagah have earned their places and we also have Frei and Duff. It would need selling to me that our need for another flanker, to keep youngsters out of the team, is more pressing than a good creative midfielder. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JIMMY D

If this is true then Fulham are heading in the right direction for next season. great News!

Riverside

Quote from: zschwartz on May 29, 2013, 10:44:09 PM
he's not hopeless and depending on the price it could be an alright deal... but just because liverpool (and villa for that matter with Bent) threw away tens of millions on these players there's no reason to talk about these great (RELATIVE) bargains. if someone bought a pile of trash for 30 million and sold it to you for 8 you're still an idiot.

it depends on how bad/persistent Dejagah's injury is. if he's being brought in solely for the left wing then absolutely not, kaca has earned it. 

trouble is, we'll order downing and they'll mail us henderson, nobody will be able to tell the difference until its too late to return him... both were equally anonymous at pool.

Henderson though plays in a position we need reinforcements !
Would be happier to get Henderson.
I have high hopes of Kaca on the left - unless Jol wants to convert him to a CF ?

malcbridger

Henderson started to live up to his potential in the latter part of the season and would be a good signing, but probably out of our price range? Adam or Shelvey would be more likely.

Flupp

I would love to see him here ....he can play left ord right !!! for me Kacaniklic ist first choise but what happened when he or dejagah get hurt ????
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

fulhamben

Quote from: Flupp on May 30, 2013, 02:03:58 PM
I would love to see him here ....he can play left ord right !!! for me Kacaniklic ist first choise but what happened when he or dejagah get hurt ????
we are not the sort of team that can afford to have an 8 mil sub. Especially when we are lacking in so many other areas
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: MJG on May 30, 2013, 06:42:07 AM
So some of you think a 28 year old who has played 34 times for England isn't good enough to play for Fulham? Seriously - think again.
The number of times a player plays for his country is irrelevant.
The manager at the time may rate them and picks him while everyone else thinks he's toilet.
So Downing has played 34 times over different managers. How many good games has he had?

I will end on Carlton Palmer...18 Caps for England by the time he was 28, would you have been happy with him?

I'd love to have Carlton Palmer instead of Senderos....

Northern Cottager

Quote from: malcbridger on May 30, 2013, 08:13:20 AM
Henderson started to live up to his potential in the latter part of the season and would be a good signing, but probably out of our price range? Adam or Shelvey would be more likely.

Adam is toilet and Shelvey has done nothing for quite some time. Would be glad to get none of them.

Saying that, I did rate Adam before Stoke... maybe it's since he went there...

MikeR

...On his day he'd walk into our team over Kaca and Dejagah.

Unfortunately for Downing, "his day" doesn't seem to come around too often. He has 28 goals and 45 assists in 291 PL appearances, so this season's return of 3/5 for a Liverpool side that scored 70 is about average for him. If he came to us, we'd probably get the 0/0 that he laid for them in 2011/12.

Of course, KK saw something in him that most didn't, so perhaps you're right. In any case, I would be surprised if MJ spent any part of his apparently meager transfer kitty on a winger.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

KP_FFC

he's not as bad as people say, and this season he has been quite good. he was amazing at villa so if he regains that form i would be very happy

fulhamben

Quote from: KP_FFC on May 30, 2013, 05:37:21 PM
he's not as bad as people say, and this season he has been quite good. he was amazing at villa so if he regains that form i would be very happy
he doesn't have to be as bad as people say, the question should be... Is he 5 mil plus better than kaca. And to me he is not

KP_FFC

Quote from: fulhamben on May 30, 2013, 06:44:42 PM
he doesn't have to be as bad as people say, the question should be... Is he 5 mil plus better than kaca. And to me he is not

but doesnt downing play rm :/

EJL

Quote from: KP_FFC on May 30, 2013, 06:51:54 PM

He does for Pool and he did for Villa, but then there's the similar question of 'Is he worth £5 million and worth dropping Dejagah?"

fulhamben

Quote from: KP_FFC on May 30, 2013, 06:51:54 PM

he is a left footer, and thankfully we don't play reverse wingers anymore

JackyFulham90

Downing is a good player but we don't need him, Dejagah & Kacaniklic on the wings next season is exciting we also have exciting prospects in Frei & Mesca,  Duff is also capable of doing a job, I don't think we need a winger this summer

Flupp

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 30, 2013, 07:22:27 PM
Downing is a good player but we don't need him, Dejagah & Kacaniklic on the wings next season is exciting we also have exciting prospects in Frei & Mesca,  Duff is also capable of doing a job, I don't think we need a winger this summer

:plus one:
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"