watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stuart Downing

Started by Sammyffc, May 29, 2013, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Twitter is going crazy with Downing has signed for us and will be confirmed on 1st july . no official sources yet but seems to be alot of apparently ' reliable ' sources saying its a done deal , many also saying thank you for your time at LFC . im not sure how i feel on this one, if he recaptures his villa days then ill happily have him, if not then houston we have a problem  064.gif

fulhamben

dont see how he is better than kaca personally
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

We can announce a deal anytime prior to July 1st, the registration will be completed on that date.
Every day is a Fulham day

Brown@FFC

If this is true, I wouldn't mind having him. He will be playing under much less pressure than he had at Liverpool. Frei should go out on loan. Strange signing at the end of the day, especially with the end of season form of Kaca.

Walsh

Every time I've seen him play for Liverpool he hasn't done as bad as people make out... but the amount of times I've seen a full 90 minutes of Liverpool this season is about 4 times, 2 of them being against us.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

grandad

Quote from: Sammyffc on May 29, 2013, 05:07:09 PM
Twitter is going crazy with Downing has signed for us and will be confirmed on 1st july . no official sources yet but seems to be alot of apparently ' reliable ' sources saying its a done deal , many also saying thank you for your time at LFC . im not sure how i feel on this one, if he recaptures his villa days then ill happily have him, if not then houston we have a problem  064.gif
I can´t find anything on Twitter. What´s the link?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Brown@FFC

Quote from: grandad on May 29, 2013, 07:19:29 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on May 29, 2013, 05:07:09 PM
I can´t find anything on Twitter. What´s the link?

Literally search Downing Fulham. You'll see it.

kiwiwaka

I'd take him for the right price, absolutely. Longer term replacement for Duff. Kaca if he keeps his Swansea form is first choice, but having the freedom of Kaca, Downing and maybe Frei on the left and Dejagah/Downing on the right is very appealing. I'd rather Mollo over him, but we could do with some English/Home Grown players!

King_Crud

if it's on twitter then it must be true

JackyFulham90

I can't see this happening, paper talk that will come to nothing I feel

fulham traveller

Sammyffc

don't knock twitter ! thats how we found out about derek before fulham announced it ;) but i know what you mean haha

Baider

FOOlhamfighters

Please tell me this is a joke...

CurryForMario

From what I've seen this season he has looked decent, but he's not even that young now and I'd much rather play youth over him.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Wingnut

For 3-5 million, I'd take him. Liverpool paid what, £20million for him, so his true market value is probably about £3-5 million. I think he would do well with us. At 28 he had a good 5 years left at PL level.

Was it KK who signed him? Another fantastic bit of business by the Anfield master, if so.  064.gif
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

PaulJ123

i don't see the point in this transfer at all.

He's not better than Kacaniklic or Dejagah. Would mean halting one of those 2 progress. I do like Downing and think he'd be good, but to get him to halt those 2 progress is detrimental.

zschwartz

he's not hopeless and depending on the price it could be an alright deal... but just because liverpool (and villa for that matter with Bent) threw away tens of millions on these players there's no reason to talk about these great (RELATIVE) bargains. if someone bought a pile of trash for 30 million and sold it to you for 8 you're still an idiot.

it depends on how bad/persistent Dejagah's injury is. if he's being brought in solely for the left wing then absolutely not, kaca has earned it. 

trouble is, we'll order downing and they'll mail us henderson, nobody will be able to tell the difference until its too late to return him... both were equally anonymous at pool. 

Count Flapula

So some of you think a 28 year old who has played 34 times for England isn't good enough to play for Fulham? Seriously - think again.

He has very good technique, delivery with his left and runs at defenders - his biggest issue is his he sometimes suffers dips due to lack of self belief in his own ability. On his day he'd walk into our team over Kaca and Dejagah.

Immaterial though as I'm pretty sure this story is rubbish - although Sterling kept him out the team at the beginning of the season, Downing improved and went on to play nearly 30 league games and 40 in all so why would he leave Liverpool to come here? Plus I can't see us putting together the requisite salary / transfer package to lure him away so the odds are remote. Of the targets I've heard us linked with this is the most unrealistic so far.