watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kaca scores winner for Sweden

Started by SouthfieldWhite, June 03, 2013, 08:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Kaca scored the only goal of the game for Sweden against Macedonia, no secret Jol is looking for a left winger so sadly we might not see him next season, I've been a big fan of Kaca and with a run of game and a manager who will build his confidence, he can be a top player

JBH

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 03, 2013, 08:30:38 PM
Kaca scored the only goal of the game for Sweden against Macedonia, no secret Jol is looking for a left winger so sadly we might not see him next season, I've been a big fan of Kaca and with a run of game and a manager who will build his confidence, he can be a top player
Kaca is rated highly by Jol so will get his chance at ffc

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: JBH on June 03, 2013, 08:47:39 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 03, 2013, 08:30:38 PM
Kaca is rated highly by Jol so will get his chance at ffc

Who told you that?

JackyFulham90

Jol always talks Kacaniklic up, he will get game time next season

westcliff white

The fact we are looking for a winger doesn't mean Kaca won't play, means we can rest some ,ayes when we need too.he is you g and needs to become more consistent, in my opinion having 4 good paces wide me is a good thing and will allow Kaca to grow I to the player we hope he can become
Every day is a Fulham day

SouthfieldWhite

I will be surprised if Kaca is here at start of the season

Enter the Frei

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 03, 2013, 09:18:03 PM
I will be surprised if Kaca is here at start of the season

I would be very very surprised if he isn't. Not good enough yet to get a move to a bigger club and he's been managed very well by Fulham so far and is currently our best option on the left.

alexbishop

Kaca is one of the best things to happen to us from a development point of view - great leaving gift from Uncle Roy. I see him as a top international winger in the future and I really hope Jol will stick by him even when he hits a bad run of form. He needs Prem game time and experience.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

zschwartz

He's 21. 20 starts and 4 subs in all comps this season, 16 of those starts in the premier league. In his time here he's become a starter for the Swedish national team.

He's been competing for a starting spot in a position with Duff, Richardson and Emanuelson, and coming out with plenty of minutes.  After Dejagah was injured and duff switched back over to the right Kacaniklic was recalled and became the choice leftwinger.

When he's been considered surplus due to squad depth or inexperience he's been told so and placed on loan. Yes, he was yanked off twice to my recollection at half time (liverpool and southampton), but the reason could've been 'tactical,' or in any case he soon got another shot in both cases, through necessity or Jols' faith in the player.

Damien is 34. Age aside, it is unclear how quickly Dejagah will recupperate and Duff may remain on the Right. Richardson does not appear to have an ideal touch for an attacking midfield player and fits in adequately at left back. Emanuelson loan has ended.

All the while Kacaniklic continues to improve and impress at both domestic and international level... I'd say he's got to feel pretty good about his place here and has a lot to show for it.

Eventually money will come into it, but for the time being what is more important to the man is establishing himself as a reliable professional in one of the top leagues in the world.  In another year or two (if he remains healthy and continues developing) we can decide whether or not to pay him.

That such a quality young player arrived from Liverpool (the blindest dupes on the transfer market) for an exchange of an aged Konchesky is icing on the cake.

tldr; he's quality, he's young and he's getting minutes. i would be very disappointed if he weren't here for at least another year or two. Congrats to him and sweden on the friendly victory.

JackyFulham90

I think Kacaniklic will be here a good few years,  yes sometimes the big boys will buy a player from us but we are a good solid club which is why Berbatov plays for us & a player of the calible of Stekelenburg is about to sign

IranianCottager

Don't know where to post this and probably nobody cares anyways since Dejagah won't be involved, unfortunately, but:

Iran has a huge World Cup Qualifier tomorrow away to Qatar. The weather is going to be about 100 degrees Fahrenheit and very humid. This match could very well decide whether or not we make it to Brazil 2014.

It will be tough because our undisputed #1 goalkeeper (Mehdi Rahmati) and starting CB (Hadi Aghili) have fallen out with head coach Carlos Queiroz (former coach of Portugal and Real Madrid, used to be Ferguson's assistant at Man United), so they are not even in the squad. Our starting LB, Mehrdad Pouladi, is injured and Dejagah of course will be missed.

Also, our best CM, former Bayern Munich player Ali Karimi has recently retired from the national team about a month ago...

Wish us luck! We will need it...

EJL

Quote from: IranianCottager on June 04, 2013, 12:30:42 AM
Don't know where to post this and probably nobody cares anyways since Dejagah won't be involved, unfortunately, but:

Iran has a huge World Cup Qualifier tomorrow away to Qatar. The weather is going to be about 100 degrees Fahrenheit and very humid. This match could very well decide whether or not we make it to Brazil 2014.

It will be tough because our undisputed #1 goalkeeper (Mehdi Rahmati) and starting CB (Hadi Aghili) have fallen out with head coach Carlos Queiroz (former coach of Portugal and Real Madrid, used to be Ferguson's assistant at Man United), so they are not even in the squad. Our starting LB, Mehrdad Pouladi, is injured and Dejagah of course will be missed.

Also, our best CM, former Bayern Munich player Ali Karimi has recently retired from the national team about a month ago...

I might have to stream this. Sounds interesting.

IranianCottager

Quote from: EJL on June 04, 2013, 01:41:18 AM
Quote from: IranianCottager on June 04, 2013, 12:30:42 AM

I might have to stream this. Sounds interesting.
The match is at 12:15 PM Eastern time (I live in the US), so therefore 17:15 London time if I am not mistaken.

DevonFFC

Doing rounds on twitter that spuds scouts where watching him at this game

EJL

If the Spurs rumours are true, the best thing the club can do right now would be to sign Kaca up to a long term deal. Slap a hefty buyout clause in their while they're at it and make sure we keep our best/most promising players. I'd be more annoyed about Kaca going to Spurs than I was with Dempsey and Dembele.

Edit: He has ONE YEAR left on his contract.  064.gif It's gonna happen again, isn't it?

cebu

Quote from: EJL on June 04, 2013, 03:41:24 PM
If the Spurs rumours are true, the best thing the club can do right now would be to sign Kaca up to a long term deal. Slap a hefty buyout clause in their while they're at it and make sure we keep our best/most promising players. I'd be more annoyed about Kaca going to Spurs than I was with Dempsey and Dembele.

Edit: He has ONE YEAR left on his contract.  064.gif It's gonna happen again, isn't it?

Didn't Kaca say recently on the offal that there was a one year additional option and that the club had exercised it?

IranianCottager

Iran won 1-0, we played an amazing game and Qatar had one chance all match on the counter. We could have easily won 4-0, but I'm not going to complain. A win is a win.

EJL

Quote from: IranianCottager on June 04, 2013, 07:39:22 PM
Iran won 1-0, we played an amazing game and Qatar had one chance all match on the counter. We could have easily won 4-0, but I'm not going to complain. A win is a win.
I was just gonna post about this. Congratulations, Iran. It would be great to see Dejagah at the World Cup next year.

IranianCottager

Quote from: EJL on June 04, 2013, 09:57:23 PM
Quote from: IranianCottager on June 04, 2013, 07:39:22 PM
I was just gonna post about this. Congratulations, Iran. It would be great to see Dejagah at the World Cup next year.
Thank you.

Still two games left for Iran:
6/11 vs Lebanon
6/18 @ South Korea

We need a total of four points to just about guarantee our spot at the World Cup. We should easily beat Lebanon at home (we must not underestimate them though), but our game in Korea will be a tough one, that is for sure.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: EJL on June 04, 2013, 03:41:24 PM

Don't be defeatist... not yet, anyway. Besides, where the hell would Spurs play him? I doubt they'd have room for him on the bench, much less on the pitch.