watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spurs sniffing around Kacaniklic

Started by bucksfulham, June 04, 2013, 03:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

I might as well copy my comment from the other thread...

If the Spurs rumours are true, the best thing the club can do right now would be to sign Kaca up to a long term deal. Slap a hefty buyout clause in their while they're at it and make sure we keep our best/most promising players. I'd be more annoyed about Kaca going to Spurs than I was with Dempsey and Dembele.

Edit: He has ONE YEAR left on his contract.  064.gif  It's gonna happen again, isn't it?

You can see my two different moods in that comment...

Arthur

We'll need to get used to other clubs scouting our promising younger players - it'll happen more and more in time. However, after nicking Dembele from us, Spurs can p*$$ into the wind this time as far as I'm concerned.

JackyFulham90

He has a deal until 2015 but I agree we should look to make his Fulham deal longer

EJL

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 04, 2013, 03:57:55 PM
He has a deal until 2015 but I agree we should look to make his Fulham deal longer
I thought it was only until next June?

EJL

We are to Spurs what France are to Newcastle and what Arsenal are to Man City.

aFFCn_Fan

Especially if they sell on Bale, an up and coming talent like Kaca with a couple of familar faces (D&D) in the squad might make this rumour a strong possibility.
@hincharoo

EJL

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on June 04, 2013, 04:12:32 PM
Especially if they sell on Bale, an up and coming talent like Kaca with a couple of familar faces (D&D) in the squad might make this rumour a strong possibility.
Great avatar, by the way. Dave Angel is hilarious.

MJG

Why would they want a player who has no end product, can't defend and looks like being replaced by another winger. ;)

twang

Quote from: EJL on June 04, 2013, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 04, 2013, 03:57:55 PM
I thought it was only until next June?

It was automatically extended with another year this season after he started 15 matches.

Riverside

I can see this happening .
Guess so does the commercial team + Jol - hence all the links with new left wings ( eg Downing ) . Maybe these were not for cover of Kaca but replacements ?

I hope it does not happen as I rate Kaca .
But if it makes money ( not more than he cost but more than a replacement ) This is one of the aims of the youth policy ....

Ordar

I really dont think they'd go for him as a replacement for Bale. Just isnt a big enough name, nor influential enough to fill that position

fulhamben

Quote from: Riverside on June 04, 2013, 05:03:40 PM
Guess so does the commercial team + Jol - hence all the links with new left wings ( eg Downing ) . Maybe these were not for cover of Kaca but replacements ?

But if it makes money ( not more than he cost but more than a replacement ) This is one of the aims of the youth policy ....
yes but you dont need the money if you just fill your team with players that have come through the youth
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Flupp

Quote from: EJL on June 04, 2013, 04:00:24 PM
We are to Spurs what France are to Newcastle and what Arsenal are to Man City.

Sad but true  090.gif
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Riverside on June 04, 2013, 05:03:40 PM

How many transfer rumours have any truth in them?

We are apparently interested in about four wide players. I would be surprised if more than one, if any, of those is true (and I hope its not the Downing rumour).

Also, there were 22 or more players on display so why is it that their assumption is that the Spurs scouts were there to look at Kacaniklic?

fulhamguy

We need to all we can to keep Kaca. He is the future and no point in us putting money into youth if we aren't going to use the players and keep them long term.

Also very unsurprising that the headline calls Kaca an 'ex-Liverpool player', as opposed to 'Fulham player'.
COYW!

Legate21

Losing both Kaca and Frei this summer would be a disaster. Can't see it happening though. Expect Kaca to stay and play, and Frei to possibly be loaned out.

Burt

Quote from: Legate21 on June 04, 2013, 08:33:30 PM
Losing both Kaca and Frei this summer would be a disaster. Can't see it happening though. Expect Kaca to stay and play, and Frei to possibly be loaned out.

I hope you are right.

Enter the Frei

I think they're going to offer £8-10 million for us to consider the offer. Don't really see them paying that because he's not a big enough signing to replace Bale as well so I'm not really worried.

Max Headroom

I don't think kaca s end position will be winger. I think he's a centre forward in the making.....