watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

***FOF SURVEY UPDATE***

Started by Burt, June 04, 2013, 06:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Thanks to all 153 of you who took the time out to respond to our FoF Survey. Well, 150 of you, as the report did flag up two instances where the same IP address was used more than once... :)

The survey window ran from 20 May to 30 May, and since it closed I have locked myself away in Burt Towers to analyse the response.

Here are the key findings:

95% of the respondents visited FoF at least daily (75.5%) or a few times a week (19.5%).

The current form of the team (20%), followed by work related commitments (15.5%), domestic commitments (14%) and which posters were active (13.5%) were the key reasons affecting how many times respondents do visit FoF.

The majority of respondents (61.5%) access the "General" forum.

Interestingly, only 16.5% of respondents post daily, with a further 26% doing so a few times a week.

The other sections apart from General (Exiles, Website Feedback, Bibliography, History, Hall of Fame, etc.) didn't get much of a look-in. That being said, 61% of respondents were not aware that we have all these other sections.

Some of our female posters do feel that they are not taken as seriously as male posters, with well thought out arguments often being given short shrift.

73.5% of the respondents felt that the "look and feel" of FoF was either very good or good. Most of the feedback around improving the "look and feel" was around changing the site colours to something other than grey! There were other suggestions as well, which will be reviewed.

There were a lot of suggestions around the structure of FoF, which we will review.

There were a lot of great suggestions around potential content. These broadly fell in to pre-match (views from the opposition fans, stats, etc), during matches (streams, chat room, etc), after matches (reports, highlights, etc), other Fulham related content (blogs, "where are they now" profiles, injury updates, etc) and non-Fulham related content (a "market place" to promote and sell stuff, social events, general chit-chat, etc). These suggestions will be reviewed.

78.5% of respondents felt that the ease of navigation was either very good or good. There was some good feedback on how to improve this, which will be reviewed.

88% of respondents experienced frequent or occasional issues with the speed of the site. One of the areas we are looking at in the close season will be a change in service provider which will resolve these issues.

81.5% of respondents felt that the moderation of FoF was "spot on". A large thanks to all the positive comments provided. There were some comments around ensuring consistency, the number of mods, etc. and these will be reviewed. To the person who made the "clone a few Burts" comment, the cheque is in the post :)

66.5% of respondents said that advertising to help funding would not put them off. Having said that, 27.5% said they weren't sure. The comments indicated that any advertising must not dominate or slow down the site, and that we should perhaps do more regular posts asking for donations from our members as this has worked in the past.

89% of respondents felt the "user experience" was either very good or good. There were plenty of comments about Jol lovers v. Jol haters, banning idiots, cliques etc. but given FoF has a relative absence of abuse, bad language etc. the overall picture from the comments was one where FoF is seen as one of the better football forums around.

So, given your feedback, what are the areas that we will be reviewing during the close season? These will include the following:
1.   Making FoFers more aware of the content on the board.
2.   Looking at the structure of the board.
3.   Assessing the ideas around future potential content.
4.   Refreshing the "look and feel".
5.   Reviewing ease of site navigation.
6.   Changing the service provider to ensure a more robust platform and a quicker site.
7.   Reviewing the comments made about the site moderation.
8.   Looking at how the site is funded.

We will keep you updated as it all progresses.

Thanks once again for all the great feedback. The success of FoF is in no large part down to the people who use it, so we want to ensure that we continue to make this board a home to be proud of.

Cheers

The Mod Squad

ron

".......given FoF has a relative absence of abuse, bad language etc. the overall picture from the comments was one where FoF is seen as one of the better football forums around."

better?...why, it's the best by a country mile !

YankeeJim

Just wondering, which member of the "Mod Squad" has the 'fro?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

This post has been online for 4 hours now and I see that Belgians still haven't been banned from the forum.

I'm very disappointed.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 04, 2013, 10:17:03 PM
This post has been online for 4 hours now and I see that Belgians still haven't been banned from the forum.

I'm very disappointed.

Given that "being disappointed" is your default setting in life, we are not surprised.

The Equalizer

Quote from: sipwell on June 05, 2013, 08:13:35 AM

I'm very disappointed.

Given that "being disappointed" is your default setting in life, we are not surprised.

I'm not sure if it's because of, or in spite of my being a Fulham supporter. I'm also sure that I'm not the only one on this forum.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

sipwell

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 05, 2013, 08:44:31 AM

I'm very disappointed.

I'm not sure if it's because of, or in spite of my being a Fulham supporter. I'm also sure that I'm not the only one on this forum.

It is height, obviously.

The Equalizer

Quote from: sipwell on June 05, 2013, 08:48:48 AM

I'm very disappointed.

It is height, obviously.

What I lack in stature (5'11") I make up for in charisma and good looks.

sipwell

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 05, 2013, 09:04:06 AM
Quote from: sipwell on June 05, 2013, 08:48:48 AM

I'm very disappointed.

It is height, obviously.

What I lack in stature (5'11") I make up for in charisma and good looks.

which is why you walk through life continuously disappointed :P

Burt

I must have missed the feedback about Belgians. I'll double check the results  :dft011:

sipwell

Quote from: Burt on June 05, 2013, 09:41:16 AM
I must have missed the feedback about Belgians. I'll double check the results  :dft011:

So you admit to bias and cherry-picking?  :023:  :dft011:

Burt

Quote from: sipwell on June 05, 2013, 09:45:53 AM
Quote from: Burt on June 05, 2013, 09:41:16 AM

So you admit to bias and cherry-picking?  :023:  :dft011:

Professionally I am in HR, so it comes with the territory  :dft011:

grandad

Get rid of the stupid Blog by Hatter Don from the home page. If he has anything to say he can do it like the rest of us on the Forum. This section being on the home page makes new members think his view is that of the majority when it clearly is not.
Where there's a will there's a wife

The Equalizer

Quote from: grandad on June 05, 2013, 10:40:01 AM
Get rid of the stupid Blog by Hatter Don from the home page. If he has anything to say he can do it like the rest of us on the Forum. This section being on the home page makes new members think his view is that of the majority when it clearly is not.

To be fair Grandad, blogs are a little different from normal topics as they are pretty much essays on someone's thoughts and opinions. If you cared to write a blog, I'm sure that you would also have it posted up there. It's not limited to HatterDon, only those who are interested in writing something about the club and something that other people may be interested in.

Burt

Some of the feedback was around having a section for blogs, as there are quite a few FOFers who do this.

sipwell

Quote from: grandad on June 05, 2013, 10:40:01 AM

Also, in defence of Mr. Don, I don't think he asked for this "privilege" but since his posts are well-argued and well discussed in this forum, it is only natural that they are kept in another format as well. Much of the discussions on here are limited in space and time...