News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

***FOF WORLD EXCLUSIVE*** Q&A WITH DIDDY HAMILTON!

Started by Burt, June 07, 2013, 09:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Ladies and gentlemen, and anyone else,

It is with great pleasure that I can confirm that the one and only David "Diddy" Hamilton has agreed to take part in our first ever FOF Guest Spot Q&A Session Extravaganza Thingy (I'll think up a more snappier name in due course).

David has long been a household name by virtue of his distinguished broadcasting career. Starting in 1959, he has notched up well over 10,000 radio shows and 1,000 TV shows. I would like to say that I have listened/seen them all, but that would only be exaggerating things. Particularly given I was born in 1966. What sets David apart from your common and garden broadcaster however is his great sense of taste and judgment, as evidenced by his lifelong love for all things Fulham FC and the lengthy (and occasionally turbulent) career he has enjoyed as the club's resident matchday MC.

So the format for this will be for me to submit questions to David, who will then pen some answers. The finished article will then be posted here on FOF.

So put your thinking caps on, sharpen your pencils, and let me know either by replying to this thread or via a PM whether you have any questions that you would like to put before David.

Just a word to the wise... David does have the occasional sneak-peak on FOF, so do try to keep things clean!!

Cheers

Burt

Burt

Incidentally, this will hopefully be the first of 2 or 3 "Guest Spots" during the close season.

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Sheepskin Junior

Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

aFFCn_Fan

What does he think of the Jackson statue?

Which manager did he have most time for?

What's his favourite Fulham moment?

Does he go to away matches and critique other stadium announcers?
@hincharoo

Sgt Fulham

What does it feel like to have to read out the name of the opposition player who has just scored to put us 5-0 down?

sipwell

In honour and, alas, remembrance of our good friend Finnster, I think you should ask him the following question:

Do you pee standing up or sitting down?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Gozorich

Lighthouse

Has he or would he ever write a book about his show biz life and experiences. 'A Fulhamish Tale' was such a great read, are there any more books in the offing?

Who was the player or players at Fulham who shocked him by not making it as big in the game as they should have done.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

H3Matt

What are his favourite and least favourite names to announce?

Bet the favourite is Kacaniklic  :005:

Burt

Quote from: H3Matt on June 07, 2013, 12:47:12 PM
What are his favourite and least favourite names to announce?

Bet the favourite is Kacaniklic  :005:

My question, if it wasn't going to be asked, was how long it took him to master the pronounciation for Kaca...!

LBNo11

1) During the period that the club tried to find a replacement for you (Dominic Frisbee etc.,) did you still come to games?

2) Are you aware that the acoustics at the back of the Hammersmith End are so poor that you can hear your voice but cannot make out much of what you say?

3) Do you think that the Johnny Haynes statue has enhanced the club's image and made people more aware of the history of the club?

4) Your recent book was distributed through the wonderful Ken Coton and Martin Plumbs' Ashwater Press; they have supplied numerous quality books on Fulham FC so do you think there is there any chance of the club selling more of their titles in the remaining club shop?

5) How hard did you have to grit your teeth when you had to introduce chopper Harris to the faithful at half-time?

6) Amongst the half-time guests you have introduced over the years which one(s) did you relish meeting again, and any particular favourites?

7) Do your ever look in on the Friends Of Fulham website?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Quote from: sipwell on June 07, 2013, 11:35:22 AM
In honour and, alas, remembrance of our good friend Finnster, I think you should ask him the following question:

I have been reliably informed by the man himself that this will be answered!

Burt

Quote from: Burt on June 07, 2013, 01:01:35 PM
Quote from: sipwell on June 07, 2013, 11:35:22 AM

I have been reliably informed by the man himself that this will be answered!

Which goes someway towards answering Ed's Q7...!

Ron Sheepskin

What is the funniest thing you've seen at a game, during your time as an announcer?
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on June 07, 2013, 10:52:33 AM
What does he think of the Jackson statue?

Which manager did he have most time for?

What's his favourite Fulham moment?

Does he go to away matches and critique other stadium announcers?

I love that last one, please ask him this!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Peabody

I know he has some terrific jokes to tell, does he have one for us?

Sheepskin Junior

How does it feel being the only BBC DJ still at large?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

keith