watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Omri Altman is getting 40 minutes!

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, June 11, 2013, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He's been on for about 10 as I type, hasn't really touched the ball but just absolutely schooled Jordan Henderson with a drop of the shoulder feigning to go one way and went the other.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Some superb running from Altman to get around Danny Rose, sell another centre back and looked to dab the ball across the area, some really nice play from him. He collided with the post in the process but looks like he'll play on. He's looking really bright.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

An assist for Omri! Played a nice lay off to Krieff for 1-0. He looks a very clever, intelligent player, more impressive than any of the others have looked.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Just received the ball to feet for an Israeli counter, controlled it well and played a nice sweeping pass out wide

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I can honestly say he was a joy to watch with the ball at his feet, worked very hard as well considering the conditions. Clever looking player, I'm interested to see how his progress continues, very impressed.

cmg

Very impressed with Altman. Confident and skillful.

England rather shambolic. Had more of the game, as they should against a side like Israel, but didn't look any too threatening. Israel showed the greater skill and inventiveness up front, especially after Altman came on.

MasterHaynes

I personally think Omri is well ahead of Tankovic even though Jol has singled out Tankovic a number of times. Similar type of players but when i have seen both Omri releases the ball quicker though Tankovic has improved his defending this season still frustrates on the edge of the box and holds the ball too long.

General

This frustrates me and reminds me of a coach I had at school... Ther was a sevens tournament we played in (rugby) and he kept overlooking me despite having been a first team member and one of the most agile forwards including being the hooker and for some reason I got overlooked. He finally put me on and I was so keen to play I ended the game with the other guys on my team telling me that the team we were playing against wanted to know where I had come from and why I was only playing as a sub...

I had another coach at school in my final year who just didn't seem to take a liking to me because I skipped one of the two preseasons we had because  I had a family holiday booked in, seems even more trivial now too.

I finished the tour part of pre season as the man of the match (as a prop/hooker) and had played in nearly all our games but when we got back i was left in the 2nds despite being one of the few in my school year and the year below to be selected to play county rugby and having played the whole season before in the top team... In the seconds I scored at least a try a game and in some instances scored 2 or 3, which again for a front row forward was rare... I ended up getting Motm awards most games and the coach only came to me due to injury... I told him where to shove it as I knew he was an ungrateful so and so...

I don't get why omri, if he has this type of effect on a game is left to the last 40 mins of a tournament when your team is already knocked out... Frustrates the hell out of me.. I like winning and I'd be soo pissed off if the coach wasn't playing one of our better players for egotistical reasons.

Matt Inglis

Hopefully running into goalposts isn't a habit of his. He looked very dangerous at times and confident!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Matt Inglis on June 11, 2013, 11:32:41 PM
Hopefully running into goalposts isn't a habit of his. He looked very dangerous at times and confident!

Definitely the most inventive way f hitting the woodwork.

cmg

Quote from: Matt Inglis on June 11, 2013, 11:32:41 PM

Worked out OK for Rodney Marsh.

Ordar

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8772016/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Fulham

Nice little set of quotes from him. My favourite being "Fulham is my club, and I'll stay there a long time I think."

I missed the England game, and confess to having never seen him play. Could someone with a better knowledge of his game give me an insight to where he plays, and his style etc.

Thanks!

cmg

Quote from: Ordar on June 12, 2013, 12:03:13 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8772016/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Fulham

Nice little set of quotes from him. My favourite being "Fulham is my club, and I'll stay there a long time I think."

I missed the England game, and confess to having never seen him play. Could someone with a better knowledge of his game give me an insight to where he plays, and his style etc.

Thanks!

In my day he'd be an inside-forward, but I think the term is 'second striker' these days. He plays off the front man and is also creative (he provided a couple of cracking passes last night).
Another of our youngsters (Tankovic being the most obvious) who has learned from that well known 'disruptive influence' - Dimitar Berbatov.

Frankie-Peter Taylor