more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Sports puts Kieran Richardson on it's 10 Worst Buys List

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, June 14, 2013, 02:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8776308/Top-ten-mistakes

Fulham paid only £2m for Kieran Richardson on deadline day but the midfielder's poor performances over the course of the season underlined the club's failures in the transfer market. Although freebie duo Hugo Rodallega and Mladen Petric found the net only eight times in the Premier League, Richardson stood out as a particularly disappointing signing with Martin Jol questioning the 28-year-old's contribution in March: "He's lacking the spark and a little bit of fitness. Alex Kacaniklic is only 20 and Richardson should be better than him. But he hasn't been. I want him to do well and be better than what I've got." The criticism may have been a blow to Richardson but Jol knows he will also need to do better if Fulham are to avoid another difficult season.

Now I think that's a bit harsh, for £2m he did an OK job, not worthy of an England place or anything, but he helped out when we had injuries, scored a good goal away to Blackpool to keep us in the cup (albeit for a 4-1 drubbing at Utd). A decent LB option for if Riise gets injured (personally, where I think he did best, rather than left wing)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Admin

This will be our weak position next season if one of them doesn't give way. I love the way Riise has been talking about making making this season one of his best, but in my opinion, he's 2 seasons to bloody late and well past his best now. If Richardson starts playing up with injuries or form, we're knackered.

fulhamben

it wouldnt say he was the worst buy of last season, but he is in the top 1
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Pev

Bit harsh for me I can think of 5 players in QPR that were worse buys than a substitute LB for 2 million. Still, both him and Riise are not good enough to start.
@Fulham_Boy

Northern Cottager

When he plays well and is fit he is a decent player. I think the negativity surrounding him is unjust.

SkySports reporters watch us for the 4-5 games we get televised and even then they spend so much time talking up the opposition I'm surprised they even remembered we are in the league.

RaySmith

Harsh. When he wasn't injured he did well.

These reporters just want to make a story out of nothing. He could  solve his injury problems and have a good season.

Burt

Load of pap.

He wasn't great. But he wasn't bad. Solid, when he was not injured or recovering from one.

EJL

Artful Dodger

If the list was based on minutes played per injury, he surely would have been top!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

EJL

Maybe Sky would know more about our players if they took the time to cover us? Richardson was in no way a revelation, but he did the job - often well - when playing in defence. He changed the odd game for us, too. I've never seen a full-back work as hard as Richardson did against Blackpool at home.

St Eve

EJL

Borini is on that list despite having been out injured for, pretty much, the whole season. Okay.

In that case, Simon Davies had a dreadful season... so did Mahamadou Diarra.

St Eve

Quote from: EJL on June 14, 2013, 08:29:26 PM
Borini is on that list despite having been out injured for, pretty much, the whole season. Okay.

But we didn't buy Davies or Diarra last season. In fact Diarra cost nothing anyway

nose

richardson was awful when fit and better when not available. the blind support of very ordinary/poor players does the cause of our team no good at all. JAR was a far better player,is a far better player but seem demoralised by the management.

EJL

Quote from: St Eve on June 14, 2013, 08:47:33 PM

But we didn't buy Davies or Diarra last season. In fact Diarra cost nothing anyway
I'm not talking about signings. I'm using their logic to judge two players' seasons after spending the entire duration of it injured.

St Eve

Quote from: EJL on June 14, 2013, 09:57:48 PM

I'm not talking about signings. I'm using their logic to judge two players' seasons after spending the entire duration of it injured.
But they are talking about the 10 worst signings last year, not ever

EJL

Quote from: nose on June 14, 2013, 09:10:20 PM
richardson was awful when fit and better when not available. the blind support of very ordinary/poor players does the cause of our team no good at all. JAR was a far better player,is a far better player but seem demoralised by the management.
Nah, it's not blind support. If anything it's blind hatred on your part. Is blind hatred any more beneficial to the club than blind support? Richardson had Walcott in his pocket at the Cottage - remember that? He beat him to every ball, outmuscled him and sold him more than one dummy on the byline. He was one of the standout performers in that match.

A player in a poor run of form as a result of 'demoralising management' is still a player in a poor run of form, so I'm not buying that when it comes to Riise. When playing at left-fullback, Richardson has been the better player out of the two (this season).

Just to prove I'm not supporting him 'blindly', I accept that he was pretty dire in midfield. He doesn't have the subtlety to play as an out-and-out winger anymore, and there was a clear gulf in skill when he came up against the more 'modern full-backs'.

EJL

Quote from: St Eve on June 14, 2013, 10:03:18 PM

I think you've missed my point. I'm saying that it's pretty silly to brand someone as a 'flop' or 'the worst signing' if that player has been out injured for the whole season. Then I said that it would be like me saying Simon Davies and Mahamadou Diarra have been the worst players in the League this season, despite the fact they haven't played all season either.

fulhamben

Quote from: EJL on June 14, 2013, 10:10:32 PM

I think you've missed my point. I'm saying that it's pretty silly to brand someone as a 'flop' or 'the worst signing' if that player has been out injured for the whole season. Then I said that it would be like me saying Simon Davies and Mahamadou Diarra have been the worst players in the League this season, despite the fact they haven't played all season either.
how can someone who picks up a wage every week and costs god knows how much in treatment be classed as anything but a flop if he doesnt even play one game?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

EJL

Quote from: fulhamben on June 14, 2013, 10:21:34 PM
Quote from: EJL on June 14, 2013, 10:10:32 PM

how can someone who picks up a wage every week and costs god knows how much in treatment be classed as anything but a flop if he doesnt even play one game?
I think it's unfair. I'm probably in a minority.

"If you don't play you can't flop" is my view.