watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schwarzer and Australia off to World Cup

Started by lamby, June 18, 2013, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamby

1 nil against Iraq - Australia made hard work of it and won't make it past the group stage. But I am a happy boy :-)

So where will he go? He wants to stay in London. He probably needs to be playing in championship at least

lamby

the nutflush

Well it wasnt pretty but we got there.  Held our nerve and were patient and the breakthrough came.  Iraq defended very well.  They were a little unlucky.  They have lost five matches 1 -0 and probably should have won most of them.  But woohoo!

Big Martin Jol

Congratulations to Australia, always good to see them at the World Cup.

Hopefully England can join them!
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

SaltfordWhite

I am so pleased about this.  What a brilliant end to a brilliant career for Big Mark.

the nutflush

I could see him lining up for Palace next season.  One year deal.  He will take a big pay cut just to stay in London and to make sure he gets top flight football leading into a world cup.  Palace could do worse in my opinion.

cebu

Congratulations to Oz and Mark Schwarzer!

Good luck to Mark finding a suitable club, so that he can hang on to the no 1 spot for Oz.

:clap_hands:

King_Crud

Quote from: the nutflush on June 18, 2013, 01:33:43 PM
I could see him lining up for Palace next season.  One year deal.  He will take a big pay cut just to stay in London and to make sure he gets top flight football leading into a world cup.  Palace could do worse in my opinion.

Speroni is an excellent goal keeper, it's one of the few positions they shouldn't worry about

Fernhurst

Congratulations to Oz and Mark Schwarzer

Been an absolutely wonderful professional at our Club and I wish him and his family a wonderful end to his career as a pro and all the very best for the future.

You deserve it!

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

michaelread

just arrived home from Sydney after being part of the 80,500 strong crowd that attended, and WOW. It looked like we werent going to get that goal, then the Iraqis did their usual bout of play acting and time wasting, and then......Oseick subbed off Cahill and nobody in the 80,500 could understand why, either could Cahill. He was blowing up at the coach...

then when Kennedy scored (he had something to prove for sure), Oseick looked like a genius and we were through.

80 thousand dancing and singing until the final whistle, incredible! hope to see some of you in rio!

YankeeJim

Congrats to all those Down Under! With the Kiwis out of the mix & Jamaica not likely to make it, I sure hope the US qualifies so that we can have two English speaking squads in Brazil.  086.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

zschwartz

new zealand could still qualify after a playoff with the 4th placed team in concacaf. so perhaps 3...

Perhaps more? Unsure on what the official language of Montenegro is...

Artful Dodger

QPR will need a new keeper when Cesar goes......
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

lamby

Quote from: Artful Dodger on June 18, 2013, 07:50:52 PM
QPR will need a new keeper when Cesar goes......

Don't they still have Green?