News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Iran has officially qualified for World Cup 2014!

Started by IranianCottager, June 18, 2013, 09:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IranianCottager

After a heartbreaking failure to qualify for South Africa 2010 due to giving up an 82nd minute goal to South Korea (scored by none other than Park Ji-Sung) to deny us a spot in the World Cup, Iran played away to South Korea today knowing only a win would guarantee us a spot at World Cup 2014 in Brazil.

And we got that win, 1-0, after a 60th minute goal by our Standard Liege striker Reza Ghoochannejhad.

Prepare yourself to watch Dejagah tear it up in Brazil.

Just to put things into perspective here, this is probably the best day of my life.

btings

Congratulations!

I noticed Dejagah wasn't in the squad today.  Is he still injured?  I haven't been paying close attention.

nevzter

Congratulations to Iran - by my reports, Tehran is quite euphoric!
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Junichi

IranianCottager

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Although it was rumored that Dejagah might join the national team for the game today, this was false. However, I believe he is training again, so hopefully he will be ready for Fulham once the season starts.

And yes, the streets of Tehran are ERUPTING right now. The fans are going CRAZY.

Scrumpy

Fantastic. 049:gif

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to produce an Iranian flag with the words 'Fulham FC' across it and get seen on TV somehow. Now that would be a first!!!!!!!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

OldBrownShoe

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

HatterDon

Congratulations. I'm looking forward to cheering Ashkan and all other Fulham and former Fulham players representing in Brazil!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

I have been to Tehran but way back in the late 70s. Great City. Must be quite an atmosphere there tonight. Well done.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

lamby

Congratulations. I was at the MCG in 1998 when Iran scored 2 goals in the last 15 minutes against Australia to qualify instead of Australia - worst day of my life (we had not qualified for 30 years at that stage)

We will see you there this time!

Slaphead in Qatar

Glad iran won. South korea management were mouthing off a bit in the build up to this game. Would be funny if iran played usa again in the finals, if usa get there.

zschwartz

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 19, 2013, 03:52:30 AM
Glad iran won. South korea management were mouthing off a bit in the build up to this game. Would be funny if iran played usa again in the finals, if usa get there.

We will be there. Almost certain we can't botch it at this at this point.

Also Ruiz just scored v Panama... looking good for the Costa Ricans as well.

brightster

Well done, look forward to seeing AD and Iran in Brazil.

Still remember Iran in 1978 drawing with Ally's Army in Argentina!

Holders

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 18, 2013, 10:29:15 PM
Fantastic. 049:gif

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to produce an Iranian flag with the words 'Fulham FC' across it and get seen on TV somehow. Now that would be a first!!!!!!!

Good one, Scrumpy.

I'm so pleased for Dejagah. Watch his value go up once people see him in Brazil!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bulgariawhite

Well Done. Looks like Fulham will have a few players in Brazil.

domprague

I'm delighted for you. Hope they do well in Brazil.

Quote from: IranianCottager on June 18, 2013, 09:42:43 PM
After a heartbreaking failure to qualify for South Africa 2010 due to giving up an 82nd minute goal to South Korea (scored by none other than Park Ji-Sung) to deny us a spot in the World Cup, Iran played away to South Korea today knowing only a win would guarantee us a spot at World Cup 2014 in Brazil.

And we got that win, 1-0, after a 60th minute goal by our Standard Liege striker Reza Ghoochannejhad.

Prepare yourself to watch Dejagah tear it up in Brazil.

Just to put things into perspective here, this is probably the best day of my life.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Patrick

Fantastic.....who else has qualified from Asia????

EJL

GoldCoastWhite

IranianCottager

Thank you all for the kind words. It shows the class of the Fulham fans and how much they truly care about their players.

The four Asian teams that qualified for the World Cup are Iran, Japan, South Korea, and Australia.

Uzbekistan and Jordan will go to a play-off, and the winner of that, will go against South America's 5th placed team (currently Uruguay), and whichever team wins advances to the World Cup.