watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wifried Boney

Started by malcbridger, June 26, 2013, 08:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcbridger

I would love to see us go in for this guy. Everton, Swansea and Newcastle are in for him, I hope we make a bid. Admittedly, I only have youtube clips to go by but his scoring record is phenomenal and at 24 he would represent good business should he turn into a Saha.

spikey norman

I would definitely have him but would fulham pay £10 million plus for him?
I think even at that price he could prove a bargain - look at benteke which was a bit of a risky buy at £7+ million by villa and look how he turned out

westcliff white

12-15 million euros or 10-12 million pounds, to much for us i reckon
Every day is a Fulham day

bulgariawhite

Way outside our budget. Would be another 10m+ gamble like Ruiz and no sell on value

FFC1987

Quote from: spikey norman on June 26, 2013, 08:46:44 AM
I would definitely have him but would fulham pay £10 million plus for him?
I think even at that price he could prove a bargain - look at benteke which was a bit of a risky buy at £7+ million by villa and look how he turned out

Not that I wouldn't love him in but how many players have come to the Prem with similar tags and fail? 10m would be a risk because as much as he could be Saha, he could end up like Marlet (heaven forbid). Apart from the relative risk of a 10m player not selling on, he would be a good addition.

malcbridger

Any player signed has a risk factor. Can they adapt to the Premiership, new location etc, Jol will certainly be aware of him with the Dutch link. I just get the feeling we will regret not going in for him. Completely different player to Ruiz.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: bulgariawhite on June 26, 2013, 08:58:47 AM
Way outside our budget. Would be another 10m+ gamble like Ruiz and no sell on value

He's 24, if he does well, he'll have plenty of sell on value at 26. If he did fail, there would always been plenty of clubs in Holland looking to take him back albeit at a loss. I think the most important thing for a striker in the prem these days is a players physical attributes. That's why we've the likes Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse succeed whilst you get people like Kezman, Zigic or even David Healy failing. I think Bony would do well over here.

jarv

Marlet, AJ, Ruiz....not a great track record when Fulham decide to spend big money.  Realistically, Fulham will always spend modest amounts to sign the likes of Saha, Malbranque, Boa, BZ etc., all gave a good return on investment.

sipwell

Quote from: jarv on June 26, 2013, 01:29:46 PM
Marlet, AJ, Ruiz....not a great track record when Fulham decide to spend big money.  Realistically, Fulham will always spend modest amounts to sign the likes of Saha, Malbranque, Boa, BZ etc., all gave a good return on investment.

Can't really see why Ruiz would be in that list. Granted, he does not score nearly enough but he has been getting better and he is a joy to watch...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

rusty shackleford

He's gone to Swansea, according to his agent