Rhys Lightning 63

Simon Davies
Mark Schwarzer
Chris Baird
Mladen Petric
Csaba Somogyi
Mahamadou Diarra
Georgios Karagounis

Can I take this opportunity to thank each and every one of them for their contribution (little or large) to Fulham Football Club, it has been a pleasure seeing them in the black and white and I wish them all well in what lies before them in their future endeavours, both on and off the pitch

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

zschwartz

lot of quality on this list. they will be missed. hopefully some will return in other capacities.

cmg

Quote from: zschwartz on June 30, 2013, 12:37:52 PM
lot of quality on this list. they will be missed. hopefully some will return in other capacities.

Quote from: zschwartz on June 30, 2013, 12:37:52 PM

An impressive list of signings for little (or, in some cases, no) money.

MS wll be considered as one of our best ever keepers.
Davies and Baird played vital parts in some of our most important games and will always be Fulham heroes.
Diarra was a delight to watch.
Karagounis showed some excellent touches and came here 25 years too late.
Petric at least showed that we were right not to pay through the nose for Pog.
Somogyi didn't make a first team appearance, but was bought for peanuts to provide a second-team stopgap while we brought on the youngsters, a role he performed well. He was sent on loan to Dartford when we recalled Bettinelli (who they thought was their best ever keeper) and they liked him a lot.

I liked this quote from the Dartforfd FC forum when they were discussing their team requirements for next season:
"Goalkeeper NOT a problem . we can choose from any 1 of Fulhams spare 5 !!!!!!!!"

Shows how lucky we are.

Airfix

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Completely agree with the sentimental views on this post.

Must say though, it wouldn't surprise me if we do the same thing with Mahamadou Diarra as we attempted with Zdenek Grygera. Allow him to prove his fitness and earn a contrac extension.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Hear, hear. Much luck and good lives to all, particularly Schwartzer and Bairdinhio.

Sheepskin Junior

I still think Digger could stay on as a coach. An absolute legend in my eyes. Two of his goals stick in my mind: Semi final vs Hamburg and the final in Hamburg. Always a great
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

valdeingruo

When most of this list makes numerous websites as the leagues best "free transfer XI" you know that there is something up. I have enjoyed seeing each one of these players pull on a Fulham shirt, regardless of capacity. Thank you for the memories good and bad gentleman. Players like these epitomize what Fulham really is about, in terms of the league and in a footballing sense we never have over paid prima donnas and they all fought for the shirt. It shows you what the club has in store for us (hopefully) if they can let this quality go.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cmg

Quote from: andersons11 on June 30, 2013, 01:50:39 PM
When most of this list makes numerous websites as the leagues best "free transfer XI" you know that there is something up. I have enjoyed seeing each one of these players pull on a Fulham shirt, regardless of capacity. Thank you for the memories good and bad gentleman. Players like these epitomize what Fulham really is about, in terms of the league and in a footballing sense we never have over paid prima donnas and they all fought for the shirt. It shows you what the club has in store for us (hopefully) if they can let this quality go.

Good point. Look at this list, each one gave 100% and were 'professionals' to a man, a credit to the club and themselves.

We don't seem to be able to attract the nutters, the grasping egoists, the petulant prima-donnas ('morning, Bob. How are things in W12?), the drug-fuelled orgyists (we probably don't pay them enough for the drugs and they're too knackered for the orgies) and the 'if things don't go my way, I want away' merchants.
Long may it stay like that.

Putney

Quote from: cmg on June 30, 2013, 12:56:03 PM

Somogyi didn't make a first team appearance, but was bought for peanuts to provide a second-team stopgap while we brought on the youngsters, a role he performed well. He was sent on loan to Dartford when we recalled Bettinelli (who they thought was their best ever keeper) and they liked him a lot.

Was thinking about the role of squad members recently and the psychological importance of them to the manager and first teamers. It's always nice to know that you have backup instead of constantly worrying whether your sole player in that position gets injured or suspended, allows you to carry out your plans and as you said, gave Etheridge and Stockdale the chance to go on loan instead of benchwarming. Wish we still had Zuberbuhler.

Fulhampete

For what they contributed to our Europa run Mark and Simon will always be remembered. As for Diara I believe he has been a complete waste of time. How can employing anyone well past their 'sell by' date ever be applauded? Watching Best and Marsh convinced me that this shows a lack of ambition and ultimately leads to long term problems.

ElissonSnygg

Simon Davies, Mark Schwarzer and Bairdinho especially to you. Thanks!
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

grandad

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on June 30, 2013, 06:00:52 PM
Simon Davies, Mark Schwarzer and Bairdinho especially to you. Thanks!

:plus one:
The others hardly made any impact.
Our average squad age has come down a bit.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fernhurst

Best of luck to all those guys
Especially Mark and Simon...... Superb pros

Diarra was a delight to watch"

Fastest thinker in a Fulham shirt since Haynes
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

All good players, mind you the top three I will never forget. Goodluck to all of them.

092.gif

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

JackyFulham90

Holders

Good luck to them all. I would particularly like to mention Chris Baird who got a lot of unjustified stick to begin with but won the fans around, so much so that he's the only Fulham player ever to be awarded an "inho".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cebu

There's a farewell to players leaving here:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/01/thank-you

It's noticeable that Diarra is not mentioned - has he perhaps been offered a chance (like Grygera before him) to prove his fitness?