watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many more signings do we need?

Started by JackyFulham90, June 30, 2013, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

July is here tomorrow the window will be open & we have a lot of players to replace
We have lost Schwarzer,  Baird,  Manolev , Enoh , Frimpong , Karagounis , Diarra, Emanuelson & Petric since the end of the season so where does the squad need strengthening?

Stekelenburg
Stockdale
Etheridge

Riether

Hangeland
Amorebieta
Senderos
Hughes

Riise
Richardson
Briggs

Sidwell
Kasami
Boateng

Dejagah
Duff

Kacaniklic
Frei

Ruiz
Berbatov
Rodallega
Trotta

We seem close to signing Sako with Frei to Turkey a possibility, we certainly need a striker & 2 central midfielders at the minimum,  i would be happy to see a few youngsters like Grimmer & Tankovic be promoted.

July promises to be a very exciting month coyw!

MJG

if we start with the strikers do we need another?
IF Jol is going to still choose Ruiz & Berbatov then they will never be dropped apart from the odd cup game or if injured.
He will only make a sub and then shift Ruiz after about 70 minutes. Dave and the 4th striker will be playing very rarely. Trotta as 4th choice is the way to go forward IF Jol is going to do as I have said.
It then allows us to spend more money(wages) on a top notch CM that we need. In fact we need 2.
We dont need another winger and I would keep Frei.
Maybe a RB if we are not going to give youth a chance.
4 CB's like we have is possibly 1 too many for us and I suspect one will go(Hughes) before the window ends.

So in conclusion I would be looking for 2 first choice CM's and put all my efforts into that.

farfouille

Looking at the team, I am still not sure why we didn't sign Manolev - we needed him, he wanted us, PSV don't need him... Where's the problem?
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Brown@FFC

We need an attacking midfielder, who can play a more advanced role, thats Sako, a creative centre midfielder, someone much like Murphy and full back, who can preferably play either side, like Kelly could, but much more advanced. After that, I don't think we need to sign anyone else as I would like to see the promotion of the main youth players, Grimmer, Mesca, Kasami, David and Tankovic.

Furthermore, I would expect one of Riise or Hughes, or possibly both, to leave. Hughes has been a dynamo for us, a superb CB, and I would not like to see him fade away so much with us. If he went down a division, he would be good enough to play every week, and also because he is the 5th centre back, behind Hangeland, Amorebieta, Senderos and Burn are the ones in front of him. Riise has been linked with a move away, and I would not be too fussed, he was our worst player last year, and a move away was not be phased, and with Briggs not being good enough, and Richardson being injury prone, it is a position we need to fill.

Lighthouse

Defo a forward. Ruiz isn't a forward. Still an attacking midfielder to me. Rodders never given much of a chance. Leaves only Berba.

Central midfield. We have Sidwell and Boateng so one player needed.

Right back cover and a new left back.

We seem to be interested in wide players. So I guess Frei wants off and maybe Kaka but I hope not. Still need players there to boost numbers and improve the squad.

Although I am still not sure where Fulham are. Are we a team patching things up again or a team ready to start rebuilding? Time will tell.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Lots. Backup forward, backup right back, creative centre mid, competition for Kaca,
new left back possibly, backup centre mid ideally with creative attributes.

JackyFulham90

For me we need to focus on centre midfield,  Grimmer can be promoted to back up right back,  Sako will come in to replace Frei. I want to see more of Rodallega next season also we have Trotta , Woodrow & Tankovic to be promoted so I am not too concerned to see a striker brought in but central midfieldnis key

PaulJ123

Out and Out striker: Defoe, Bony, Bent

Winger for cover: Sako (Mesca as well to be brought through)

CMs: Huddlestone, Parker, someone else

RB: Bring Grimmer through as Riethers understudy

LB: Assou Ekotto

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 30, 2013, 11:21:08 PM
For me we need to focus on centre midfield,  Grimmer can be promoted to back up right back,  Sako will come in to replace Frei. I want to see more of Rodallega next season also we have Trotta , Woodrow & Tankovic to be promoted so I am not too concerned to see a striker brought in but central midfieldnis key

Grimmer is a centre back or at least that's where he plays for the youth team, and it remains to be seen whether any of the youth players you mentioned are developed enough to make that leap at this present point on time. Tankovic, Grimmer and Woodrow should be loaned to a lower division club in my opinion.
We need some players who are more proven. We can always give our youngsters a bit of game time but we must must must ease them in slowly.

KP_FFC

St Eve

hongkongfulham

Im happy with our LB situation think richardson should start and riise is good cover. Buy a starter here next summer.

Up front we can only buy a squad player. We just cant promise first team football to whoever it is.

Rb cover is important unless we are planning to use hughesy there (not ideal!) or bring youth on but cant think of anyone who is ready (risky). So this is important.

CM One Starter, One cover. Simple as. Big fan of Sidwell and I think Boateng will do well so a starter with one of these would be dandy. Then one guy to swell the numbers.

3 or 4 players to come in realistically, possibly only 2 the way we do business! Can see a few freebies for players looking for a contract and there not being many takers. Either way excited for next season top 10 here we come!

Stefano Okaka Chuka

We need at least 5 players:  two centre mids, one left back, another striker and a wide player.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Putney

To adhere to squad limits and home grown quotas, we can submit a 19/25 man squad from that list, with 8 players filling the homegrown quota without having to pre-register Kasami, Trotta or Frei.

If we want to loan out Etheridge then one of those 3 will have to be registered.