News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

evening standard...dempsey on the list???

Started by jarv, July 01, 2013, 10:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zschwartz

Quote from: Texas White on July 02, 2013, 03:15:02 AM
Exactly... he should be ashamed oh himself.... the man who shamed tx
haha, the first and very last.

if five years and 50 goals means nothing to some of you people then no one is safe. He went to play in europe. He got back in Europa and missed out on champions league qualifiers by a point. One fewer prem appearance than dembele, played sigurdsson out of his spot, 43 apps overall and 12 goals... This does not exactly constitute a failure.

that said, No, i wouldn't have him back either. he'd come back defeated due to circumstance (17m Paulinho + whatever other stupid money spurs are going to throw around) and he's not passive enough to tolerate any of berbatov's jabber. in the current formation it would probably mean ruiz was out of a spot and i don't know if the club can afford to take that loss given the other needs.

MJG

Of course I would have someone back who decided he did not want to play for my club while on pre season tour. I mean that shows real team spirit and the ablity to knuckle down no matter what the situation.

And anyway I miss him falling over.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

MAF definitely won't have him back, apart from his own and Jol's  thoughts on the matter.

I'm sure there will be a few mid-table teams  after him.

fulhamben

Quote from: zschwartz on July 02, 2013, 05:55:23 AM

if five years and 50 goals means nothing to some of you people then no one is safe. He went to play in europe. He got back in Europa and missed out on champions league qualifiers by a point. One fewer prem appearance than dembele, played sigurdsson out of his spot, 43 apps overall and 12 goals... This does not exactly constitute a failure.

that said, No, i wouldn't have him back either. he'd come back defeated due to circumstance (17m Paulinho + whatever other stupid money spurs are going to throw around) and he's not passive enough to tolerate any of berbatov's jabber. in the current formation it would probably mean ruiz was out of a spot and i don't know if the club can afford to take that loss given the other needs.

in regards to your 5 year bit, why should we the fans be more loyal to a player than the player was to us?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Patrick

I can't believe the comments I am reading here....this guy showed utter contempt for our club and disrespect for all the fans with his outrageous behaviour...as we are at it why don't we sign Marlon King and El Hadj Diouf also..

FFC1987

I thought it was common knowledge that Demps was clearly a success at Spurs, all the fans loved him and never in a million years would they sell him!? (paraphasing from another thread but not far from the truth) Funny, some of us said this a month ago and was told its a personal vendetta against dear old Clint. Price is right and he feels comfortable at the club, i'd love him back. That however will never happen for above mentioned reasons.

On a finishing note, Clint's actions were never proven and Jol gave kind words on his exit. I don't think we will ever get a full picture of what actually happened. Sorry to play devils advocate.

F(f)CUK

I'd only want him back if he completed a 30minute rant at the expense of Spurs and exclaiming his love for everything Fulhamish.

Well actually I'd welcome him back anyway.

I'd even accept just the rant and not getting him back.

zschwartz

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2013, 07:34:39 AM
in regards to your 5 year bit, why should we the fans be more loyal to a player than the player was to us?
5 years counts for nothing? He was plenty loyal and very clear in his intention to leave. That his contributions are completely dismissed because he wanted to try and test himself at a higher level is unreasonable.

How about some basic empathy for a professional that didn't want to comfortably age into obscurity and instead see how far he could push himself?

I hope schwarzer gets picked up in the prem and has another superb year. I'd like to see both Davies and Diarra recover and prosper. And i certainly hope Clint Dempsey is able to have some more success in europe.

Again, i don't want him back. wouldn't be the same. i know grudges and blind hatred are what make the sport so much fun... but may we please direct more of it at chelscum and less at former players who did very well in their time here.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Did he leave Fulham? He may have left the team but he has been a regular on here...

Lighthouse

Demps was a star for Fulham and deserves the greatest of praise for becoming a great part of our history. For whatever reason he decided his age was against him and he wanted to move on. The whole situation was badly dealt with on both sides.

I loved Clint but don't wont him to return. Never go back. Besides we have moved on and so has he. Good luck to him in everything he decides to do in the future.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Quote from: EJL on July 01, 2013, 11:01:45 PM
Quote from: Artful Dodger on July 01, 2013, 10:58:59 PM
Bring him home. Any player part of the Euro adventure should be welcomed back!
Someone get John Pantsil on the phone!

Isn't he still in hot water over in his native? Did love Pantsil though.

filham

Love to see him back but it will not happen and really we should move on.

Perhaps he will benefit from a re union with Zamora and AJ at QPR.

bobbo

dont want him back forget about any ability ,he left in a dark cloud situation and he was never gonna get  a regular first team spot at tottenham.Yeah he did good while with us but I hate divers whether thay play for fulham or anyone else , and he a big one ,plus he's very lazy. Clint you made your bed lay in it ------- you got a few quid anyway eh!
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Burt

Should never have left... Putting aside all the fuss when he left, I would like to see him back here.

domprague

Why should we welcome him back? Because we need someone to score goals.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

H3Matt

Bring Clint back? That's a joke right? Did you hear the reception he received last season when we played Spurs at home? I didn't boo him but I think he deserved it. Dembélé got the reception he deserved too but his was a positive one.

Personally, I wouldn't have him back. As far as I'm concerned he's burned his bridges with Fulham.

grandad

Quote from: fulhamben on July 01, 2013, 11:52:02 PM
he made his bed. and he couldnt wait to leave us so why so many would welcome him back is beyond me. hopefully mr ambition will talk him into going to stoke with the promise of a champions league winners medal in 2 years time

:plus one:

He would not fit in any more. Kaca is a better prospect. Ruiz is a better passer, Dejadah is quicker, Berba is more skillful & Hangeland is a better central defender.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Texas White

Quote from: zschwartz on July 02, 2013, 08:36:04 AM
5 years counts for nothing? He was plenty loyal and very clear in his intention to leave. That his contributions are completely dismissed because he wanted to try and test himself at a higher level is unreasonable.

How about some basic empathy for a professional that didn't want to comfortably age into obscurity and instead see how far he could push himself?

I hope schwarzer gets picked up in the prem and has another superb year. I'd like to see both Davies and Diarra recover and prosper. And i certainly hope Clint Dempsey is able to have some more success in europe.

Again, i don't want him back. wouldn't be the same. i know grudges and blind hatred are what make the sport so much fun... but may we please direct more of it at chelscum and less at former players who did very well in their time here.
Playing counts for nothing if you behave like a six year old. He should have the brains to to work out the truth and fire his agent.
You cant defend white trash behavior. Shamed tx

EJL

Quote from: zschwartz on July 02, 2013, 08:36:04 AM

Quote from: zschwartz on July 02, 2013, 05:55:23 AM

I don't necessarily agree with all the criticism of Dempsey, but it's NOT blind hatred. There are legitimate reasons to not hold him in the same regard. I do, but it's totally understandable why others don't, even if we haven't got the full story (I'm aware of how ridiculous that sounds, but this is football).