watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

looks like Frei is on the Move

Started by MasterHaynes, July 02, 2013, 09:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basil

Telling that he couldn't get a game for Cardiff on loan there, a £5 million player would have been pretty decent in Championship. £2 million for someone who was seldom in our Matchday squad is fair enough.

chiefo

Remember the game at Norwich couple of seasons ago I think it was, where the bbc commentator was telling everyone to watch out for this boy, the last time he was so excited watching a young talent was a certain Paul Gascoigne. Emmmm, ah well never mind.

MJG

Quote from: Basil on July 02, 2013, 01:46:00 PM
Telling that he couldn't get a game for Cardiff on loan there, a £5 million player would have been pretty decent in Championship. £2 million for someone who was seldom in our Matchday squad is fair enough.
Means nothing, how many games did Urby play while on loan with us and Milan want loads for him. he sat on the bench and did not get on a number of times. Its down to the manager at the time and how he uses that player.
Frimpong out on loan to us and hardly plays.
Kakuta is another one. he came to us and played 7 games in 4 months.

Ordar

Frei is hugely over rated on here (Kaca even more so).

I still have no idea of Frei's best position, as he's clearly not a winger, and isnt creative enough to be a number 10. Him leaving isnt going to be the end of the universe, and frankly moving to Turkey is a huge gamble for him (if he indeed goes). All this malarkey about him being our "most talented player" is nonsense. As has been said, he couldnt even get a game for Cardiff, and probably has put in 2 possible 3 performances worthy of any praise for the first team.

Lots of dribbling, but not much end product. He didnt seem to be close to breaking into the first team, especially with Dejagah, Kaca and Sako looking like the primary 3 wide players next season with Duff, Richardson, Mesca, Rodellega (to some extent) and Emmanuelson (if he stays) all able to play that side as back up.

I'd be far more concerned by losing some of the promising younger players like Dembele, Richards and Roberts

Basil

and with Kakuta and frimpong I think it is telling of their worth that they did not play more.

ToodlesMcToot

I won't pretend to know how much Karim is worth, but I think it's fairly obvious that he's not going to get playing time with us next season. I'm beginning to believe that this just doesn't sit well with him and that it's him that wants to leave. He has shown flashes of real quality and future potential, but that's about it. There's not much in his resume at the moment that really drives his value up. I just don't see us getting that much for him if there is a transfer in the works.

Like all Fulham servants, if his future lies elsewhere, I wish him success. If his future lies here, lets get him some playing time so that he improves.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

I would not say he's the 'most talented player' but  no one can doubt he was the most exciting player(youth) to break into the squad a long time.
He has ability and ok last season was mixed due to injury's and the way Jol used (or did not use) him.

I'm amazed that some of you want to throw a potentially good player away for 2M. You see other players have poor years and still stick by them. You see other players who some could claim are one trick pony's.
We loan other youngsters for a season, but you all seem to want him out the door.

I suppose most are happy with the slow paced dads army we have. Bring on Dirk Kuyt.

Admin

Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2013, 02:14:05 PM
I would not say he's the 'most talented player' but  no one can doubt he was the most exciting player(youth) to break into the squad a long time.
He has ability and ok last season was mixed due to injury's and the way Jol used (or did not use) him.

I'm amazed that some of you want to throw a potentially good player away for 2M. You see other players have poor years and still stick by them. You see other players who some could claim are one trick pony's.
We loan other youngsters for a season, but you all seem to want him out the door.

I suppose most are happy with the slow paced dads army we have. Bring on Dirk Kuyt.

I think you're twisting things a little. I don't think anyone wants him out the door, they are just saying that they are not fussed if he leaves, and that it won't effect the club that much.

As for me, I'm not fussed either way, but like above, if he does stay, what is his real position and where is going to play?

MJG

Quote from: Admin on July 02, 2013, 02:21:34 PM

what is his real position and where is going to play?
Well currently Jol as only ever used him on the left. In the U21/reserves he has played left/right and behind the striker. Jol's reluctance to even try him on the right has been a mistake I think.

Where would I play him. He would be an alternative to Kaca who would be first choice as of today on the left. But both being young means you could mix and match with both of them.

It of course now looks as if Jol is bringing in another LW and Kaca will revert to the reserve and possibly be loaned out or sold for tuppence ha'penny as well.

farfouille

I think that if he leaves for as much as 2 mil euro, the problem is that the club has invested time, money (and maybe hopes) for nothing. What's the point training someone for so long then selling him for pennies? I also think that he's one of the most exciting young players at Fulham - his dribbling and speed are quite unique. And for me there is no doubt about his best position - left winger, of course.
I also think that young Dembele is far more over-rated than Frei. Dembele is tall and strong compared to the players of his age, but let's see him against better defenders first please.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

JackyFulham90

If he wants to go we should let him go but surely we can get more than 2m for him he is surely worth 4m for his potential alone

Bassey the warrior

I think we shouldn't let him go for less than £3 million. We are a Premiership club, we can afford to drive a hard bargain.
He has bags of talent and is very young. Personally I'd prefer we loan him out but if it's for family reasons I understand. But for €2 million we should not sell in my opinion.

Arthur

The fee may well (if this story is true) be as little as 2M euros initially, but this would be because he's a developing talent who may not develop enough to play at the highest level.

All the same, I think it's almost certain that the Club would insist upon a set of clauses that would see us more suitably recompensed if Kerim does well: extra money once he has made a number of appearances; extra money if he represents his country as a full international; a percentage of the profit were he to be sold in future. These are three possible ways in which we can insure against letting him leave too cheaply.

fulhamben

so are we saying that fulham are a bigger and better club than galatasari? everyone here is making out that its like a huge downward step him going there. yes the turkish league isnt as strong as the prem but they are certainly a bigger and better club than us, plus they will be in champions league, which is why the fee mentioned is a joke.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 02, 2013, 09:01:24 AM
from Sky;
Turkey's NTV Sport claim that Fulham's Kerim Frei has shaken hands on a move to Galatasaray and will finalise a move to Istanbul after the Under-20 World Cup, where he is playing for Turkey.

Does he look like he is moving down the wing and then he actually moves infield an loses the ball?  If so, don't worry, he is always moving like that...

alfie

Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2013, 02:37:45 PM
Quote from: Admin on July 02, 2013, 02:21:34 PM

what is his real position and where is going to play?
Well currently Jol as only ever used him on the left. In the U21/reserves he has played left/right and behind the striker. Jol's reluctance to even try him on the right has been a mistake I think.

Where would I play him. He would be an alternative to Kaca who would be first choice as of today on the left. But both being young means you could mix and match with both of them.

It of course now looks as if Jol is bringing in another LW and Kaca will revert to the reserve and possibly be loaned out or sold for tuppence ha'penny as well.
[/quote

It seems obvious you don't like Jol but have you actually considered that this may not be down to Jol, that Frei actually wants to go and play in Turkey, your assumptions about Kaca why do you say that please do tell us what you know.
Seems so quick to aportion blame when you don't know the full facts.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bill taylors apprentice

He is just another youngster who has a bit of talent and little experience and football savvy.
He may develop into something decent but IMO its more likely he will go the way of his mate, Briggs.
With hard work and a bit of luck he will have a career of sorts but will be no loss to us, so let him go and get what we can.
There will be plenty more coming through the youth team as good or better.

MJG

where have I said I don't like Jol? Your the one making an assumption on that subject.
My feelings on Kaca and what Jol thinks of him are this. Jol is going to spend a large proportion of our transfer Kitty on a LW. I doubt thats to make him a reserve/backup.
Jol tried to solve that position with a number of players last year with money being spent on Richardson for one.
Kaca was loaned out to make space for Urby.
All this points to Jol looking at Kaca as not first choice for him. For whatever reasons Jol does not seem to fancy Frei or Kaca full time for that position.

That's how I come to my views on this issue.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2013, 06:11:40 PM
where have I said I don't like Jol? Your the one making an assumption on that subject.
My feelings on Kaca and what Jol thinks of him are this. Jol is going to spend a large proportion of our transfer Kitty on a LW. I doubt thats to make him a reserve/backup.
Jol tried to solve that position with a number of players last year with money being spent on Richardson for one.
Kaca was loaned out to make space for Urby.
All this points to Jol looking at Kaca as not first choice for him. For whatever reasons Jol does not seem to fancy Frei or Kaca full time for that position.

That's how I come to my views on this issue.
richardson was dembeles replacement in the middle, it was a few weeks after he signed that he said he saw him as a left midfielder and not the center midfielder that he initially said he was, and then a few weeks after that he said he saw richardson as a leftback.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 02, 2013, 09:01:24 AM
from Sky;
Turkey's NTV Sport claim that Fulham's Kerim Frei has shaken hands on a move to Galatasaray and will finalise a move to Istanbul after the Under-20 World Cup, where he is playing for Turkey.

Wow! A handshake, eh? In the wacky world of football, where proper, written paper contracts (of which, incidentally, Frei has one with this club until at least 2015) are regularly shredded at the twitch of an agent's bank account, a handshake is useful only for ascertaining if the other party has something up his sleeve.

Frei is still a reasonable prospect, but we are not exactly short of prospects in this position and he is behind the two years older Kacaniklic in the pecking order at Fulham and has, at this stage at least, less to his game.

He has featured in the last three Turkey u20 matches (started 2, played 90min in the most recent one) without really contributing much. If he plays tonight we may learn more - but up to now he has not impressed.

The young man has obviously decided to identify fully with his Turkish roots (he is identified as Koyunlu in the Turkish team) and, although €2 seems a bit light, standing in his way if he does want to move doesn't seem too disadvantageous to us, provided we can agree some sensible add-ons.