more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

looks like Frei is on the Move

Started by MasterHaynes, July 02, 2013, 09:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Quote from: farfouille on July 02, 2013, 02:42:07 PM
I think that if he leaves for as much as 2 mil euro, the problem is that the club has invested time, money (and maybe hopes) for nothing. What's the point training someone for so long then selling him for pennies? I also think that he's one of the most exciting young players at Fulham - his dribbling and speed are quite unique. And for me there is no doubt about his best position - left winger, of course.
I also think that young Dembele is far more over-rated than Frei. Dembele is tall and strong compared to the players of his age, but let's see him against better defenders first please.

More money than any other player we've invested time and money in from the Academy. I'd call it profit rather than pennies.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2013, 06:16:36 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2013, 06:11:40 PM
where have I said I don't like Jol? Your the one making an assumption on that subject.
My feelings on Kaca and what Jol thinks of him are this. Jol is going to spend a large proportion of our transfer Kitty on a LW. I doubt thats to make him a reserve/backup.
Jol tried to solve that position with a number of players last year with money being spent on Richardson for one.
Kaca was loaned out to make space for Urby.
All this points to Jol looking at Kaca as not first choice for him. For whatever reasons Jol does not seem to fancy Frei or Kaca full time for that position.

That's how I come to my views on this issue.
richardson was dembeles replacement in the middle, it was a few weeks after he signed that he said he saw him as a left midfielder and not the center midfielder that he initially said he was, and then a few weeks after that he said he saw richardson as a leftback.
don't recall that quote at all.
As far as I read the situation Richardson was not seen as a replacement for Dembele but Jol did say he could and has played CM as well as being naturally left sided.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2013, 06:30:50 PM
where have I said I don't like Jol? Your the one making an assumption on that subject.
My feelings on Kaca and what Jol thinks of him are this. Jol is going to spend a large proportion of our transfer Kitty on a LW. I doubt thats to make him a reserve/backup.
Jol tried to solve that position with a number of players last year with money being spent on Richardson for one.
All this points to Jol looking at Kaca as not first choice for him. For whatever reasons Jol does not seem to fancy Frei or Kaca full time for that position.

richardson was dembeles replacement in the middle, it was a few weeks after he signed that he said he saw him as a left midfielder and not the center midfielder that he initially said he was, and then a few weeks after that he said he saw richardson as a leftback.
As far as I read the situation Richardson was not seen as a replacement for Dembele but Jol did say he could and has played CM as well as being naturally left sided.
he didnt directly say dembeles replacemnet but he did say he bought him to play in cm
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on July 02, 2013, 06:32:29 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2013, 06:30:50 PM

he didnt directly say dembeles replacemnet but he did say he bought him to play in cm
well like I said I don't recall it being put that directly
Anyway he can't finish a game in any position it seems..

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MJG on July 02, 2013, 02:14:05 PM
I would not say he's the 'most talented player' but  no one can doubt he was the most exciting player(youth) to break into the squad a long time.
He has ability and ok last season was mixed due to injury's and the way Jol used (or did not use) him.

I'm amazed that some of you want to throw a potentially good player away for 2M. You see other players have poor years and still stick by them. You see other players who some could claim are one trick pony's.
We loan other youngsters for a season, but you all seem to want him out the door.

I suppose most are happy with the slow paced dads army we have. Bring on Dirk Kuyt.

Not denying his talent and I would be more than happy if he stayed but if the player wants to leave to be closer to his family and struggling to break into our team then I think it is a fairly reasonable fee for a still unproven player. I'd be happier if he stayed but its a not a disaster. We've still got plenty of talented players coming through, hopefully they don't all go down Frei's route.

Jack Fulham

PS:

Dembele will never be replaced, he's a very unique centre midfielder.

Barrie

I don't get why we should sell him this year for that sort of money.  He's shown great potential in my eyes, is very direct and has a good turn of pace.  At only 19, he's got plenty of time to develop.  Loan him to a Turkish club for a year, see how he goes, and take it from there.  Surely he's never going to be worth less than the money being talked about, unless he gets crocked of course.

cmg

Frei (Koyunlu) back on the bench for Turkey tonight (v France who have some interesting prospects eg Digne, Pogba)

cmg

They gave Frei the second half, but he made little (in fact, no) impact.
The commentator seemed to take a bit of a shine to him (may have been his agent), but I wouldn't put too much on that as he was also suggesting that Turkey were unlucky in the second half. I think he must have been watching Eastenders.

Poor old Kerim even got turned down when he tried to blag Pogba's shirt (Pogba was excellent throughout) after the game.

Still, he can maybe look forward to playing in front of those wonderful Turkish fans next season. Good luck with that one.

alfie

my apologies of course you are entitled to your views/opions/assumptions
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't