watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fayed on the bench?!

Started by Admin, July 06, 2013, 12:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Just been watching the 'flash backs' on the main Offal. One in particular was the 5-1 destruction of Barnsley at home.

About half way through it, he camera pans over to the bench and Fayed is sitting there with Tigna, laughing and joking and simply enjoying his football.

Would that happen in today's game?

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/08/saturday-flashback   

cmg

Nah! These days we'd be hanging on to a 1-0, only to concede an equalizer in the 93rd minute.

[Sorry...too early for this sort of cynicism?]

SP

Probably some rule against it these days.  Love the flaking paint in the background behind the dugout.  Great to see our old terracing, don't know how we used to sit on the barriers, balance & eat sweets at the same time.

cmg

Actually some great memories in that clip. Saha being unplayable, Fernandez's delivery, ref making a complete prat of himself...excellent stuff.

If you can lip read, Tigs is saying to MAF, "Wouldn't it be funny if I bought a £2million Frenchman for £12million and pocketed....."[Sorry....too early for this sort of cynicism.]

God The Mechanic

Those were some really good days.  Loved how the players commented on it too, the freedom and fluidity of their play.

F(f)CUK

I remember Dave Bassett reading a newspaper before the game and thinking how unprofessional.

On a separate point I deliberately took a photo of our vice chairman playing for the Fulham old boys and getting his name on his shirt showing.

SaltfordWhite

Its such a shame that Fernandes never really delivered on his promise. I thought that he was going to be a worldy once upon a time.

SaltfordWhite

But boy, what a team that was.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: SP on July 06, 2013, 01:47:35 PM
Probably some rule against it these days.  Love the flaking paint in the background behind the dugout.  Great to see our old terracing, don't know how we used to sit on the barriers, balance & eat sweets at the same time.
thanks for stirring up the old memories! 092.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: cmg on July 06, 2013, 01:38:36 PM

Nah! These days we'd be hanging on to a 1-0, only to concede an equalizer in the 93rd minute.

[Sorry...too early for this sort of cynicism?]

So true though.