News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well the TdF is over...what to do for the next two weeks....

Started by RidgeRider, July 06, 2013, 03:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

It looks as though this years tour will be just as boring as last years tour. It's looking, curiously I might add, to be utterly dominated by one team. 

Well at least the lads are back at Motspur, so pre-season matches soon.  049:gif

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RidgeRider

Sky. Once again they had 5 guys on the front, spitting riders off the back up the first major climb in the Pyrenees.

Froome wins. Tour over. Porte second. There is 2/3 of the podium in Paris spoken for.

Nap time......

Burt

There's a small tennis match on tomorrow, so I believe...

SaltfordWhite

And not forgetting a somewhat massive cricket test starting on Wednesday.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Burt on July 06, 2013, 07:18:53 PM
There's a small tennis match on tomorrow, so I believe...

good point. Should be a good match. After watching the French Open final a few weeks back, tennis can stil be good viewing, especially Wimbledon

sumofallparts

Froome was always going to be the main man this year, Team Sky has real strength in depth.
Stand out moments today for me were:-
1. Peter Kennaugh - what a shift he put in, maybe the Phil 'n' Paul show can pronounce his name properly any time soon?
2. The Froome kick 5 clicks from the finish - pulled a face only a mans wife should see the whole way!
3. Contador. Obv not eating that beef any more has affected him.... Cough.

Despite GC being a likely done deal now, we will both watch it every day RR!

manxman

Quote from: sumofallparts on July 06, 2013, 10:35:23 PM
Froome was always going to be the main man this year, Team Sky has real strength in depth.
Stand out moments today for me were:-
1. Peter Kennaugh - what a shift he put in, maybe the Phil 'n' Paul show can pronounce his name properly any time soon?

How did they pronounce it?
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

sumofallparts

Kenn- ock, Kenn-awe, etc
Every which way apart from how it should be!
Still, Gary Imlach got it right :))

manxman

Haha more like Ken-yuck, was with him about two months ago having a few beers
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

sumofallparts

Bryanthebroom

Sky Sports fantasy football is up and running.  I know it's Very early days but tinkering with a team on that ate up a few hours...

Berserker

I'm quite interested in having a go at our tipping league this year, not sure how to though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

sipwell

Bar injury it does seem like a run race. Did not really care for the TdF anyway.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

RidgeRider

Well Porte has cracked and Froome has been isolated with no teammates to help. So now it looks like 2nd place is open again. Good stage today so far. Thank goodness for the Moviestar team for trying to make this a race again.