watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Signing?!

Started by Northern Cottager, July 11, 2013, 10:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Wasn't we supposed to sign someone before we jetted off for Costa Rica ? Which is today isn't it? Please tell me it wasn't just resigning Karagounis!

FFC1987

My opinion of Jol would go drastically down if it was. And i'm supposed to be an optimist.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 11, 2013, 11:13:22 AM
My opinion of Jol would go drastically down if it was. And i'm supposed to be an optimist.

I was, at worst, expecting a winger in Sako and optimistically looking for a new striker or Huddlestone maybe.

westcliff white

i just have a feeling that if the sale of the club is going to be finalized, then we wont be able to sign anyone until it is. New owner wanting to make sure the assets etc are as they are now until he takes over
Every day is a Fulham day

Zu-Meister

Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2013, 11:17:47 AM
i just have a feeling that if the sale of the club is going to be finalized, then we wont be able to sign anyone until it is. New owner wanting to make sure the assets etc are as they are now until he takes over
this, and we wouldnt know what the new budget would be with the new owner

jelmo

Its amazing how out of the loop the manager seems to have been about the sale of the club. Maybe we will re sign Baird?

Lighthouse

I am afraid Karagounis was the signing. We should know if the talks of the take over are agreed sometime tomorrow. When the team are far away.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

i read a story somewhere that MAF was negotiating it in his west London Office and not from the club. Hard to believe as he doesn't spend time in the UK that much, so I guess it means his legal team.
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2013, 11:24:14 AM
i read a story somewhere that MAF was negotiating it in his west London Office and not from the club. Hard to believe as he doesn't spend time in the UK that much, so I guess it means his legal team.

He'd sell us and not even be here to see it through! Oh well.

Maybe we will have to wait till next week for any movement of signings.

zschwartz

exactly. it has undoubtedly put any potential or ongoing transfers on hold. But, to be fair, Khan would be a type of new signing...

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 11, 2013, 11:16:33 AM
I was, at worst, expecting a winger in Sako and optimistically looking for a new striker or Huddlestone maybe.

If the deal is happening it complicates things. We can't be sure how much if any contact the potential buyer has had with Martin and what he might be willing to spend on... a whole assessment and conversation has to begin between them.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: zschwartz on July 11, 2013, 11:36:47 AM

exactly. it has undoubtedly put any potential or ongoing transfers on hold. But, to be fair, Khan would be a type of new signing...

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 11, 2013, 11:16:33 AM

If the deal is happening it complicates things. We can't be sure how much if any contact the potential buyer has had with Martin and what he might be willing to spend on... a whole assessment and conversation has to begin between them.

Think i'd enjoy Jol receiving a call from Khan saying Big Marty, go splash 100mill on who you need. Happy days.

cmg

Quote from: jelmo on July 11, 2013, 11:22:49 AM
Its amazing how out of the loop the manager seems to have been about the sale of the club. Maybe we will re sign Baird?

We are all entitled to express an opinion. I do not, however, understand this sort of remark. Jo is an employee of the club and has no particular right to be 'in the loop' when it comes to negotiations concerning the club's ownership (unless he is a director or shareholder).
Even if he has been told, as a matter of courtesy, or even to solicit his opinion, that negotiations are taking place he is hardly likely to be going around telling everybody about it, or even sporting a stetson and a Jacksonville Jaguars t-shirt (XXXL).

My opinion on the new signing is that the Karagounis resurrection was not on his mind when he uttered those words. Who was on his mind, and whether the deal has subsequently stalled (as happens in the real world), is another matter.

Brown@FFC

If the club is changing owners, how can you make transfers. Al Fayed won't give any money if he is about to sell and Khan can't yet as he is not a shareholder yet.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 11, 2013, 12:23:37 PM
If the club is changing owners, how can you make transfers. Al Fayed won't give any money if he is about to sell and Khan can't yet as he is not a shareholder yet.
This is sort of what we are discussing based on Jol's comments last week. If we are in advanced talks surely there was signs about last week or further back about it and therefore we shouldn't of been confirming that we are likely to have someone in by the end of this week.

Riverside

I don't think it was Kara that Jol was talking about .

I am guessing that all new spend is stalled while the sale of the club goes through.

I also don't think Jol knew anything about the club being sold until this week ( if indeed he does know anymore that we do now ).

jelmo

Quote from: cmg on July 11, 2013, 12:12:28 PM
Quote from: jelmo on July 11, 2013, 11:22:49 AM

We are all entitled to express an opinion. I do not, however, understand this sort of remark. Jo is an employee of the club and has no particular right to be 'in the loop' when it comes to negotiations concerning the club's ownership (unless he is a director or shareholder).
Even if he has been told, as a matter of courtesy, or even to solicit his opinion, that negotiations are taking place he is hardly likely to be going around telling everybody about it, or even sporting a stetson and a Jacksonville Jaguars t-shirt (XXXL).

My opinion on the new signing is that the Karagounis resurrection was not on his mind when he uttered those words. Who was on his mind, and whether the deal has subsequently stalled (as happens in the real world), is another matter.

I made this comment because Jol was talking about x amount of signings potentially coming in very soon eg before the Costa Rica tour. With a sale of the club in the pipeline, this is obviously not going to happen until the sale is completed. Therefore, you would think that Jol would be in the loop about this so that he wouldnt make statements to the press with inaccurate information. If I were him then Id be pretty pissed off. Thats just my opinion though.

Bassey the warrior

There's no guarantee Jol will get more funds. The new owner could be a cowboy in ir solely for profit a la The Glazer's. A bit racist of me but I'm not particularly keen on an American taking over. There's a good chance he'll demand Jol sign American's and this will inevitably lead to a flood of Parsons and Dallas types.
Al Fayed did a superb job and the likes of Jenkins and Kenright do too. Sure they may not invest enough but they are fully aware of the size of their club. We don't need our own Fernandes to ruin the club.
I wonder whether Khan even understands the rules of football?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: The Moose on July 11, 2013, 01:12:41 PM
There's no guarantee Jol will get more funds. The new owner could be a cowboy in ir solely for profit a la The Glazer's. A bit racist of me but I'm not particularly keen on an American taking over. There's a good chance he'll demand Jol sign American's and this will inevitably lead to a flood of Parsons and Dallas types.
Al Fayed did a superb job and the likes of Jenkins and Kenright do too. Sure they may not invest enough but they are fully aware of the size of their club. We don't need our own Fernandes to ruin the club.

Oh god, Now I'm feeling nervous again!

cmg

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 11, 2013, 01:35:43 PM
Quote from: The Moose on July 11, 2013, 01:12:41 PM

Oh god, Now I'm feeling nervous again!

Don't panic. How many club directors (or supporters, or players, or even referees) do understand the rules of football?

If ownership of football clubs was restricted to those who understand the rules we'd be down to you, me and that geeky bloke who turns up on television now again talking about quantum physics (and, to be honest, I'm not 100% sure about you).

Lighthouse

Jol mentioned that we would have maybe one signing before the tour. Karagounis was that signing. Jol I am sure has been made aware some time ago what was in the mind of Al Fayed. I say this because Jol is still our manager. He didn't say 'Christ how am I supposed to pick a team without any dosh to rebuild I am off'. He just did what he did. Good and bad.

There may well be little extra money for transfers. If Mr Khan is as sensible as he sounds then he will not be an owner who just chucks money at the problem. He will have seen that the club is well run with good people in charge. But he will want to make it work. That may mean more problems over the Cottage. But we will see.

For now we will wait and see. But I am less fearful than I was. IF it happens then fine. Sad thing is we must say goodbye to the maker of the modern Fulham. Like all of us I hope it doesn't drag on.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope