watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If this guy does take over...

Started by JDH101, July 12, 2013, 12:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

Would this be a good time, as the fans of the club, to tell him how much we want our old badge back? Or something better than the current POS we have? Surely he's going to want to win the fans over and this would be a nice PR stunt.

God The Mechanic

Not a chance this season.  Maybe in time for next, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

valdeingruo

The big wheel that is industry has already taken hold. It would be too much of a loss to try anything new this season, next maybe.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

SaltfordWhite

Admin

Doubt it, Mo started the legacy and built the brand under the new badge. Can't see him changing it.

JDH101

Quote from: Admin on July 12, 2013, 01:10:27 AM
Doubt it, Mo started the legacy and built the brand under the new badge. Can't see him changing it.

Well this is my point. That was Mo's legacy. This is a new chapter. Have our old badge back in time for the season after next would give the guy some serious brownie points from this fan.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JDH101 on July 12, 2013, 02:08:25 AM
Quote from: Admin on July 12, 2013, 01:10:27 AM

Well this is my point. That was Mo's legacy. This is a new chapter. Have our old badge back in time for the season after next would give the guy some serious brownie points from this fan.

Would it go with the kit/sponsor though?  The sponsor already kinda looks out of place, would bringing ye olde clubbe creste make the kit look even more... mismatched?

HatterDon

Quote from: JDH101 on July 12, 2013, 12:02:46 AM
Would this be a good time, as the fans of the club, to tell him how much we want our old badge back? Or something better than the current POS we have? Surely he's going to want to win the fans over and this would be a nice PR stunt.

You speaking for everyone here? Many people have no problem with the badge. There are about 3,000 things I'd like him to be more more concerned about than a cosmetic object.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Quote from: HatterDon on July 12, 2013, 03:38:44 AM

You speaking for everyone here? Many people have no problem with the badge. There are about 3,000 things I'd like him to be more more concerned about than a cosmetic object.

Spot on
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Must admit I have never really had a problem with the badge.
Its our brand now and I think it would be counter productive to change it now.

westcliff white

see nothing wrong with the badge.
Every day is a Fulham day

SKSW6

Agree with most here, I don't love it but I don't mind it either. It's also the badge under which we reached a European final.

Peabody

I really don't see the badge as that important, as HD says, there are lots more important issues to be resolved.

Admin

Yes, those bloody toilets behind the Hammy end!

Airfix

Am in agreement with HD.  I'm not overly keen on the badge but it's not high on the list of priorities.  And what part of "we don't own the rights to the old crest" don't people get?

Rupert

Even though I am old Fulham, bordering on ancient, I like the badge. Leave it be and move on.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

The Equalizer

I'd get the catering sorted out before the crest.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Admin

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 12, 2013, 11:18:57 AM

And the toilets at the back of the Hammy End.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Admin on July 12, 2013, 11:21:19 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on July 12, 2013, 11:18:57 AM

And the toilets at the back of the Hammy End.

I think they go hand-in-hand mate. The beer certainly seems to come from there.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc