watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seems to be a lot of bitterness from toffees

Started by BedsFFC, July 15, 2013, 11:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

They are also suggesting that Khan had gone quite far down the road in buying them. Wonder if there's any truth to it.

Got to be honest, always quite liked everton but if you take everything as it stands now, I think we are the better option. Potential of support, potential of ground, location. As he has said I few times, right person right time

Zu-Meister

Not sure.....they have the stadium already, 40,000. wonder why he didnt take the option if these assertions are true.

Lighthouse

Everton have a bigger fan base by some way. They have a bigger ground by some way. They have a bigger earning potential by some way. They are in need if backing by some way. So if true I guess Everton would cost more and would need more to keep it going. But that wouldn't worry Mr Khan. Interesting one. As we said before. Why Fulham?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

He can't be blamed for changing his mind when a better option came along.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Rupert

With him being in the motor industry, he probably objected to them knicking so many of his hubcaps over he years.

Ooh, blatant stereotype alert!  :Get Coat gif:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Junichi

The appeal of being based in London I think had a huge sway on the matter.

Quote from: Rupert on July 16, 2013, 12:07:17 AM
With him being in the motor industry, he probably objected to them knicking so many of his hubcaps over he years.

064.gif

Daffy

Everton are a Bigger club, no doubt.  But surely they wouldn't have sold him the whole club for £150-£200m. Khan probably thinks he has got a bargain. Must be more potential to improve Fulham for less investment and ultimately sell on for greater profit. And SW6 is a far nicer place to spend the weekend watching football than Scouseland. No brainier!

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: Daffy on July 16, 2013, 04:52:57 AM
Everton are a Bigger club, no doubt.  But surely they wouldn't have sold him the whole club for £150-£200m. Khan probably thinks he has got a bargain. Must be more potential to improve Fulham for less investment and ultimately sell on for greater profit. And SW6 is a far nicer place to spend the weekend watching football than Scouseland. No brainier!

Too right. between Thames side and Merseyside, I know which one I'D pick!

VicHalomsLovechild

All of the above and the language barrier. Alright,alright,alright kamdown!

JBH

The problem at Everton is quite simple, Kenwright wants to keep a controlling interest in the club and is apparently only willing to sell 49% of it to a new partner which no one wants to do.

FFC1987

I know we aren't planning to BUT we are worth more than Everton for the ground we reside on. Look at the market for houses around the Thames CC area. It's worth an absolute fortune whereas Everton are now up to near full capacity and the grounds aren't worth i'd say half if not more. The main selling factor is location and unfortunately Everton don't have it. Don't get me wrong, the toffee's look a very sellable asset but it's likely the owners are overestimating it's price (and as mentioned above, who wants 49% ownership....). It's an interesting topic but the main factor is the land we are extremely lucky in owning and what the market dictates the price to be. We aren't a bigger club but as proven, we are definitly a more salable asset.

JudgeBread

Location location location seems to be the underlining premise.

SaltfordWhite

Or perhaps because Everton are that much bigger than us (and they are), Khan thought that he couldn't afford, or didn't want to spend that much money taking a bigger club on.

FFC1987

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on July 16, 2013, 09:20:06 AM
Or perhaps because Everton are that much bigger than us (and they are), Khan thought that he couldn't afford, or didn't want to spend that much money taking a bigger club on.

Everton wouldn't sell for anything close to 200m.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I think he has been quoted somewhere as saying London is the oversees base for his NFL team and pairing that with a further London based team made sense.

Let's hope they don't want to play on the Cottage pitch and rip it up....

jmh

Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on July 16, 2013, 12:52:05 PM
I think he has been quoted somewhere as saying London is the oversees base for his NFL team and pairing that with a further London based team made sense.

This is ludicrous and Khan has never suggested it.  Aside from any issues relating to keeping the pitch in good condition, the playing surface at the Cottage is physically not large enough to accommodate an NFL field.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Edwatch_Winston_Malone on July 16, 2013, 12:52:05 PM

Never happen.  They will play at Wembley.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Admin

They won't ever play at Craven Cottage. I know what he's trying to do though, if they play 4 games a year at Wembley, he will use the Fulham fan base plus the surrounding area to drum up support for for Jacksonville. Don't be surprised if tickets and merchandise for Jacksonville turn up on our official website.   

rusty shackleford

Ive never watched an NFL game in my life. Dont even watch the superbowl. Not my cuppa tea. But if the JJ's happened to be on TV id probably watch them now because of our affiliation. So he got me anyway!

Buffalo76

Quote from: Rupert on July 16, 2013, 12:07:17 AM

:plus one:  064.gif